Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Some unneeded stuff, but also a lot of great things!

Edited by Manx

I just checked Walmart.ca and those 2014 sets are now gone, so hopefully people got the images saved.

Lego must have muscled Walmart.......funny Walmart usually is the other way round with other companies......perhaps Lego really has some power eh ? :wink:

Any news on the Rouge Hideout set?

Besides the preliminary picture, nope. It's definitely a retail exclusive, though.

I just checked Walmart.ca and those 2014 sets are now gone, so hopefully people got the images saved.

Lego must have muscled Walmart.......funny Walmart usually is the other way round with other companies......perhaps Lego really has some power eh ? :wink:

Brickset has most of the box pictures, and I believe the first post of this topic has updated pics too.

Brickset has most of the box pictures, and I believe the first post of this topic has updated pics too.

Now did anyone save any hi-res images though.....I did. :wink: (all except the tow truck and police patrol.....Walmart.ca did have any except box art)

Though I feel it won't be long before those images will be back as the sets usually go on sale in some parts of the globe in December.

Edited by lightningtiger

Now did anyone save any hi-res images though.....I did. :wink:

.. or you could just click on the pictures in the first post. :tongue:

.. or you could just click on the pictures in the first post. :tongue:

Ah, but what if your internet is down eh ? :grin:

Isn't this kind of talk a little of topic ? :wink:

Now I was surprised not to any images when they were available of the new monster truck, plus I'm wondering still about the huge police copter - it's design looked a little similar to the fire one from this year that got a redo on because of some issues it had with the bottom falling out. :wink:

Ah, but what if your internet is down eh ? :grin:

You can, of course, never be sure, but I think it is beyond the powers of TLG to shut down my internet. Not that my ISP doesnt f*ck up once in a while, but my LEGO addiction is such that I am well able to live trough those hard times… :laugh:

Besides the preliminary picture, nope. It's definitely a retail exclusive, though.

Any chance you could link me to that image please?

The monster truck. I was expecting the tires to be bigger.

10895917073_ff205f96ee.jpg

Untitled-Captured-012 by legokermie, on Flickr

With regards to the police station after taking a look at the back of the station I see no stairs. So how are the minifigures suppose to get to the second floor of the station or even take the prisoner to the very top cell. If the prison door is open there is nothing but a 3 story drop to the ground. This is what turns me off the most about this set.

Edited by kermit

Not a fan of the 60049 Helicopter Transporter. How many ugly, silly single-seat police helicopters does anyone need...

Edited by polarscribe

Those GRogall photos have made me less interested in the new Prisoner Transport. They ruined its realism by sticking a jail-cell barred door on the back, instead of solid doors like the 2011 version. I suppose that's relatively easily MODded, but why did Lego have to go fix something that wasn't broken?

http://www.brickshel...43_box_back.jpg

Edited by polarscribe

A half-cage rear door (as in the photo example) would be something different. Just pasting the standard full-height building jail cell door on the back is laziness.

Edited by polarscribe

A half-cage rear door (as in the photo example) would be something different. Just pasting the standard full-height building jail cell door on the back is laziness.

Saves money.....but what about under the back door of the prisoner van.....that 6 stud wide part that has a 4 wide cut away in it ?

Edit - fooled again......it's a pair of new 2x1 brackets......cheeky designers, but you can only really tell at maximum resolution.

Edited by lightningtiger

Yeah, it does look stupid. Good thing the older police sets are still plenty available. The semi-truck, the paddy wagon, the helicopter, the huge chinook type helicopter and the police station are all over the place.