Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Anyone else notice all the hinges on top of the airport fire truck? Looks like one compartment right behind the cab and a double wide compartment at the back, detailed engine perhaps?

The police station looks lakota like a correctional facility to me with the stacked jail cells and catwalk.

Sal

WFB, WI

Airport Fire Truck looks ok for what it is. I like that the large flame piece now exists in trans-light-blue.

Looks like the front roof hinges up also (rather than just being removable like some other fire trucks)

On the Airport Fire Truck, is there a new Technic piece on the water canon? I'm trying to figure out how the clutch extension piece is connected to the rest of the water canon base.

Edit: Never mind, I discovered the zoom button on the picture, and it's not a new piece.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

On the Airport Fire Truck, is there a new Technic piece on the water canon? I'm trying to figure out how the clutch extension piece is connected to the rest of the water canon base.

Edit: Never mind, I discovered the zoom button on the picture, and it's not a new piece.

I think it will be like this...

this1_zpse1daab4f.png

I am not really into the city sets, but the logging truck looks to good to miss.

Airport Fire Truck looks ok for what it is. I like that the large flame piece now exists in trans-light-blue.

That's not new, I remember it came with one of the fire sets I had a few years ago.

The airport firetruck just looks a bit too, ah, toy-ish for me. Then again: that's what it is, of course.

My very first post here, although I've been lurking for about a year. But now I couldn't resist anymore, I just had to let you know this.

They are already selling set 60041 Crook Pursuit in Finland. Found it at a Citymarket in Espoo for €4.95. I would never have imagined that Finland is the place where the very first sets emerge. They didn't have any other 2014 sets though.

Edited by finnbricker

Is the grey 2x2 round tile like piece that the water cannon is connected to a new piece?

Yeah, PoP arches in red! TLG should have created a 8 wide window for set as it looks like they'll go 8 wide in the future anyway. But will they make new baseplates to boot?

Ooooh blue chassis

Nice truck, but the trailer looks like something designed ten years ago? Much less sofisticated than the last one .. odd :sceptic:

My very first post here, although I've been lurking for about a year. But now I couldn't resist anymore, I just had to let you know this.

They are already selling set 60041 Crook Pursuit in Finland. Found it at a Citymarket in Espoo for €4.95. I would never have imagined that Finland is the place where the very first sets emerge. They didn't have any other 2014 sets though.

Can you take a pic? Thanks!

-Sci

What are the wheels on the new fire truck? I feel like I've never seen them before.

Oh, yes we have......

55981.jpg

Only some of Ferrari sets had these wheels in black.

These new City sets are very awesome! I especially looking forward to the 60061 Airport Firetruck which can emulate the Airport Emergency Service for stand by in LEGO airport!

The police sets are rather uninspiring, though I like the positioning of the screens in the mobile command.

The Airport firetruck and tow truck are quite nice however, and the race car looks like it will be a nice little set to pick up as well.

I'm really glad I don't collect city sets. I would be so broke so quick. These are some great looking sets. I love the look of the new lego trucks and cars, much more realistic.

I'm really glad I don't collect city sets. I would be so broke so quick. These are some great looking sets. I love the look of the new lego trucks and cars, much more realistic.

Well, you could start to collect them ! :laugh:

Walmart.ca make a mistake putting an image again of the mobile police unit instead of the police patrol set.....D'oh ! :laugh:

Is there an empty space between the two glass pieces in the airport fire truck. I zoomed in on it in the picture but I still cant figure out if there are 3 windscreen pieces or just two.

Bravo Lego for the Auto Transporter and the Airport Firetruck!! Both must-have's for me. As for the others, not so much. That's OK though, it allows me to save for the Parisian Resturant.

Loving the logging truck and the Peugeot inspired camper van. That police prisoner transport is screaming out to be MOCed into a security / money transport van. It would also work brilliantly as part of a Dark Knight diorama with a Tumbler, the Lego Movie bin lorry and a big articulated truck with the Joker in the back firing a rocket launcher.

There you go; set 60041. There's printing on the cop's back. And 5 extra pieces, one of which is an extra wheel.

Edited by finnbricker
remove pic