Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I'm amazed nobody is talking about my favorite of this batch of leaked figures, which was taken by 'Votvik' and posted on The Brick Fan:

10274065793_ea40fb1b50.jpg

It's gonna be in the Camper with Canoe set supposedly!

This guy's my favorite City figure so far. He's actually on par with CMF territory as far as City minifigs are concerned. Although that crook, even with his reused face (It's new to me) has sort of a Judas Priest leather thing going on with that jacket.

I am liking the new minifigures especially the one with the green torso. I however cannot figure out why he is wearing a apron and its dirty. What set will he go with?

I am liking the new minifigures especially the one with the green torso. I however cannot figure out why he is wearing a apron and its dirty. What set will he go with?

Maybe there is a set or two we don't know about yet?

Maybe there is a set or two we don't know about yet?

According to 'Votvik', that figure comes in the Camper with Canoe set, which makes perfect sense. :wink:

The camper van guy looks like a short order cook. He'll go nicely with the CMF Diner waitress. Though I think he'll possibly have a barbeque that he's got messy at in the camper van set.

Love the police guy. Really glad Lego are sticking with the new police badge design and blue torso. The variety of uniforms at least makes the minifigures interesting if the police sets themselves are a bit samey. With the forest police and the City Undercover ones at least there's scope for having different types of towns/cities. And the same goes for the criminal. At least the new torsos are not prison uniform. Criminals in the act of crime rather than already caught. This one with his leather jacket is especially cool. Almost like the leader of the gang to the ones we got with the CU police. With a head swap he could become a biker customer of the bike shop in City square or a customer in a greasy 50's style diner.

I can go to bed happy now I've seen these minifigs. :sweet:

Wow i cant believe we haven't seen any new sets yet!! Almost all the other themes pics are out. Whats the hold up??????

Wow i cant believe we haven't seen any new sets yet!! Almost all the other themes pics are out. Whats the hold up??????

Not sure what you mean by "almost all". The only themes we've seen finalized set pics from (other than the sets revealed at San Diego Comic-Con) are LEGO Friends, LEGO Creator, and LEGO Ninjago. All we've seen of Star Wars and Super Heroes have been blurry prelim pics and "escaped" minifigures, and we've only seen one blurry Technic pic. All we've seen of Legends of Chima is a book cover and a single "escaped" minifigure. Set pics for The LEGO Movie have been closely guarded. And we haven't gotten so much as a glimpse of the new Disney Princess theme.

But if you want to know what waiting is, try being a Hero Factory fan. We are usually some of the last to see pics because most AFOLs don't give a flying feather about Hero Factory. Perhaps that might change this year, since it's rumored this year's sets will be minifigure-scale. It's impossible to say until pics actually show up.

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before City pics show up. In the meantime, let's be patient and discuss what we HAVE seen or heard about instead of simply clamoring for new pics.

Edited by Aanchir

Not sure what you mean by "almost all". The only themes we've seen finalized set pics from (other than the sets revealed at San Diego Comic-Con) are LEGO Friends, LEGO Creator, and LEGO Ninjago. All we've seen of Star Wars and Super Heroes have been blurry prelim pics and "escaped" minifigures, and we've only seen one blurry Technic pic. All we've seen of Legends of Chima is a book cover and a single "escaped" minifigure. Set pics for The LEGO Movie have been closely guarded. And we haven't gotten so much as a glimpse of the new Disney Princess theme.

You just answered your own question. Yeah thats 6 or 7 themes that you just listed that have some sort of pics. Reguardless if its official, leaked, high res, etc etc. We havent even seen one leaked pic of the city sets and usually by this time of year we have them.

Sorry, I didn't realize that asking about CITY pics in a thread about CITY was off topic. .

You just answered your own question. Yeah thats 6 or 7 themes that you just listed that have some sort of pics. Reguardless if its official, leaked, high res, etc etc. We havent even seen one leaked pic of the city sets and usually by this time of year we have them.

Sorry, I didn't realize that asking about CITY pics in a thread about CITY was off topic. .

We all must play the waiting game, there will be images when they are released by Lego. :classic:

Never said it was off-topic. It just doesn't add anything to the conversation. Everyone's on the lookout for pics, so when they do turn up, someone's bound to share them. Speculating on WHEN the pics will show up won't do anything to make them come sooner.

I like the blue police uniform. Normally, I'd think it was kind of redundant... after all, we got blue dress shirts for our police minifigures in 2011. But the 2012 police wave introduced a new police badge design, with a five-pointed star instead of an eight-pointed star, so it's good to have a blue uniform for the newly-branded police force.

The dude in the apron looks appropriately messy. I look forward to seeing just what context he shows up in.

The crook is neat. Leather jacket! It's only a matter of time before every escaped convict in LEGO City can have a different outfit! On a side note, this uniform doesn't have a prison number or anything showing, so it could just be used as a striped shirt with a leather jacket over it in LEGO City or another theme.

Edited by Aanchir

Hi,

want to share some news:

Lego City Vehicles:

60053 Racer, octan colours, one minifig, 9,99 EUR

60054 Repair Truck, looks nearly similar to the 793? from the train series, but without train wheels, orange colour, one minifig, 9,99 EUR

60055 Monster Truck, lime colour, one minifig, 9,99 EUR

60060 Transporter, yellow truck with two sport card, one blue, one black, two minifigs, 29,99 EUR

60061 Firetruck airport, american style, red/dark grey, two minifigs, 29,99 EUR

60056 breakdown Truck, blue/white/orange colour, comes with intersting crane, one minifig, 19,99 EUR

60057 Caravan with canu, white caravan with grey applications, red canoe, two minifigs (one male, one female), 19,99 EUR

60058 Jeep with two Jet Skis, dark red Jeep with dark grey trailer and one orange/white jet ski, one lime/white, two minifigs, 19,99 EUR

60059 Wood Transporter, green truck with jellow crane at the back, two minifigs/ forest worker, 19,99 EUR

greetings Hendrik

What do you consider an "American style" airport fire truck? The colour scheme reminds me of a Rosenbauer Panther.

'Sir von Lego' how many of the vehicles were 6 wide apart from the larger trucks ?

Doing the math these are going to set me back between 200 and 260 bucks.....ouch painful beginning to 2014 eh ? :laugh:

This is clearly a guy who works in a drive in bar for trucks! :D

Who told you ? :laugh:

The only new piece of information I have been told is that shortly retailers in Oz will have the 2014 dealer catalogues.....and of course sign the legals to hush them again.

I'm amazed nobody is talking about my favorite of this batch of leaked figures, which was taken by 'Votvik' and posted on The Brick Fan:

10274065793_ea40fb1b50.jpg

Looks like he should work in a "greasy spoon" cafe/diner! :laugh:

greetings Hendrik

I think the American version of a airport fire truck has to be the one that is in yellow lime green and not red , but some airports around north America are using the red ones already .

I think the American version of a airport fire truck has to be the one that is in yellow lime green and not red , but some airports around north America are using the red ones already .

I would guess, that American style refers to the truck be more based on a normal oversized roadtruck, and not on a frame build especially for the airport fire truck.

I would guess, that American style refers to the truck be more based on a normal oversized roadtruck, and not on a frame build especially for the airport fire truck.

That oversized 6 or 8 wheel design is very much American. A major American Manufacturer of them is Oshkosh Trucks, located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. While most are yellow or lime green, I have seen some locally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that are red. Even the newer trucks look very much like the European version shown previous. Sal WFB, WI

That oversized 6 or 8 wheel design is very much American. A major American Manufacturer of them is Oshkosh Trucks, located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. While most are yellow or lime green, I have seen some locally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that are red. Even the newer trucks look very much like the European version shown previous. Sal WFB, WI

By "American Style" they probably mean that it is based on that distinctive Oshkosh air crash truck design that is probably the most widespread Airport Fire truck throughout the western world. It's big and long and boxy with very clean angles that work quite well in Lego.

Although I am a bit confused as to why they consider a "red" air crash truck an American Style? I think the American FAA mandated that all airport fire rescue vehicles must be that horrid high visibility lime green years ago?

By "American Style" they probably mean that it is based on that distinctive Oshkosh air crash truck design that is probably the most widespread Airport Fire truck throughout the western world. It's big and long and boxy with very clean angles that work quite well in Lego.

That "fact" could be disputed, there are numerous other companies that build similar crashtenders... ;)

Via Brickset:

the last page of the renewed 60020 booklet shows some 2014 sets (on the top right corner, everyone's fav topic: the airport firetruck)

10490864353_fde9ede115_o.jpg

Edited by Rick
Added image

Via Brickset:

the last page of the renewed 60020 booklet shows some 2014 sets (on the top right corner, everyone's fav topic: the airport fireturck)

I didn't think it'd be that big, it looks more like something you'd find in European airports though, nevertheless it actually looks good.