Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Yeah, so this thread digresses into wishes in the way the rumours thread always digresses, but anyway...

...every 3-5 year old boy I know at the moment (quite a few, my kids are this age) has a car ferry, either the playmobil one, or some plastic thing sized for matchbox/hotwheels sized cars. Just saying...

Also bin trucks (dustcarts), but Lego City has done pretty well at those :classic:

There are about 15 separate sets being released next year to accompany the Lego movie, I think this is being discussed in another theme on this forum.

There are about 15 separate sets being released next year to accompany the Lego movie, I think this is being discussed in another theme on this forum.

I think he was talking about Lego City Undercover, the recent videogame. Not the movie but I could be wrong

Is the prison breakout set a police station?

There are two breakout sets I believe.....hopefully with Toyzeria in Turkey (toy fair for the middle east) at the end of October might come up with some images.....I did write hopefully. :blush:

I've only been on this forum a couple years but correct me if I'm wrong. Don't we usually have some sort of pics of the upcoming city sets by this time of year??

I've only been on this forum a couple years but correct me if I'm wrong. Don't we usually have some sort of pics of the upcoming city sets by this time of year??

Not last year. We didn't see any preliminary City stuff and only saw the official leaked pics, which came mid-October. :wink:

I think it's about time for Lego to bring back the trains, airport, and construction subthemes. The last time we saw the airport and trains sets was back in 2010 while the construction sets last came out in 2009. On a side note it seems that Lego had released police sets for 4 years in a row: 2011, 2012, 2013, and now 2014. It's really starting to get boring now :sadnew: . I hope that Lego releases some interesting sets in the summer :excited: .

I think it's about time for Lego to bring back the trains, airport, and construction subthemes. The last time we saw the airport and trains sets was back in 2010 while the construction sets last came out in 2009. On a side note it seems that Lego had released police sets for 4 years in a row: 2011, 2012, 2013, and now 2014. It's really starting to get boring now :sadnew: . I hope that Lego releases some interesting sets in the summer :excited: .

totally agree , we really would like to see a cargo building and a airport with a air bridge for the planes . definitely needs to look realistic !

Agreed! I am burnt out on police and fire sets. I'd love for there to be a better variety of stuff like places to eat at or maybe even a toy store.

I honestly don't know why Lego City hasn't made a zoo, It would be a hit and could carry on for years with so many different enclosure sets and mini builds. Anyway I have built my own which will do for now.

I honestly don't know why Lego City hasn't made a zoo, It would be a hit and could carry on for years with so many different enclosure sets and mini builds. Anyway I have built my own which will do for now.

The reason LEGO hasn't done a City Zoo is that all their market research and focus group testing indicates that sets like this

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6157_Big_City_Zoo

will sell far better than a City Zoo (and that police and fire and stuff will sell better as City sets than a zoo)

I understand how easily discussing a certain year's City lineup can turn into a discussion about what you'd like to see in the City theme, but please use the dedicated "Ideas for new City sets" thread for that. Thanks. :classic:

Not last year. We didn't see any preliminary City stuff and only saw the official leaked pics, which came mid-October. :wink:

Not long 'till mid-October comes this year, fingers crossed :wink:

totally agree , we really would like to see a cargo building and a airport with a air bridge for the planes . definitely needs to look realistic !

Just what I had in mind! I had been begging for Lego to release an airport set with airbridges for the planes. I think the Cargo Terminal set released this year was a bit misleading, where's the terminal? I can only see a cargo plane, a control tower, and several ground service vehicles :sceptic:

I understand how easily discussing a certain year's City lineup can turn into a discussion about what you'd like to see in the City theme, but please use the dedicated "Ideas for new City sets" thread for that. Thanks. :classic:

:thumbup: Coming back on topic, I went back to the first page of this thread to see the list of sets, I wonder how the Break-out Police Station set would look like. Is it just a regular police station with play features to depict a break-out like previous police station? Why wouldn't TLG name it a police station, kind of confusing IMO :sceptic: . It appears that time will tell..

Thank you all very much for the furhter information and detailed description of the sets! :classic:

The most excited I'm about the big tow truck, the car transporter and mainly the wood transporter. But even some Police sets might be good.

I really hope that the wood transporter will have an integrated crane to lift the wood pieces up and down the truck. Otherwise the truck would be boring.

Since I didn't manage to see the retailer's catalogue this year, I hope that some official pics will turn up soon. Last yeare it was on the 2nd of October - so it shouldn't take too long now, too, til we get at least some of the Police sets.

Klaus-Dieter

Police is similar letdown like this year's fire station: bland police station and re-re-released police cars. Good thing are (again) great vehicles set, with great new ideas and good execution.

Hi. I have just watched the programme showing the Lego Factory on the Megafactories Series being re-run on National Geographic Channel where they where design the City Police Station 7498 and they said this was a "Re-boot of the most classic Lego sets in History", "the Flagship set of Lego City" and has like most city sets "an update every few years to keep up with the times" so it looks like city police and fire are going to keep coming out over and over again, including 2014, so I know that won't please many AFOL's but at the end of the day its what the kids want and makes TLG money.