Hobbes

Brickshelf: Log cabin with roof using car seats

indexed.gif B-RV-14C

Now that's an interesting building technique:

lego_log_cabin_002.jpg

(Click image for gallery)

Cool what people come up with all the time... although the windows opening up and down are kinda odd...

Now that's an interesting building technique:

lego_log_cabin_002.jpg

(Click image for gallery)

Cool what people come up with all the time... although the windows opening up and down are kinda odd...

Wow! I also think it is neat.

Very nice technic! But not for me! I don't have enought seats for my houses' interiors... :-D

It's why I like LEGO so much, you always make some new discovery in term of building methode, just using your imagination...

I've seen this somewhere else before.........I think Mr. Syedow posted this technique. Edit; here it is. This guy claims it's his idea. The horizontal logs look nice but the windows are weird indeed.

:-D :-D :-D

"I also think this is seat"?

Edit; here it is. This guy claims it's his idea.

No, he don't. As you can read he says that it's not his idea. ;-)

Few ideas of roofs, first and second isnt mine

:-D :-D :-D

I appreciate that you always get my humor, Hobbes!

Very nice technic! But not for me! I don't have enought seats for my houses' interiors... :-D

Just takes one trip to a Lego Shop, for some reason PaB Always has seats in black white, and sometimes blue.

No, he don't. As you can read he says that it's not his idea. ;-)

Right, sorry. Although since that folder is older, this guy either took this idea from some one else, or less likely, just thought up coincidentally the same idea by himself.

Well I too found the cabin rather interesting in design regardless of who did it. The windows though do not really mesh well. At least now I know what to do with all those chairs/seats that I got for free at the LEGO store during the holidays.

Thanks for the pic Hobbes.

DB

...now I know what to do with all those chairs/seats that I got for free at the LEGO store during the holidays.

Why did you get a bunch of free chairs for the holidays at the LEGO store?

Why did you get a bunch of free chairs for the holidays at the LEGO store?

Well during the holidays here in the states, if you made a purchase of $50.00 or more you got a box to use at the PAB wall. Well after spending nearly $1200 just in December >:-) , I earned quite a bit of those boxes, so when the time came I filled one of those boxes with mostly chairs.

I guess in a way they are not completely free since you still have to make a purchase to get said box, but getting parts from the PAB wall of your choice for free is great in my opinion. So I guess I know what I can do with all those chairs now.

DB

Well during the holidays here in the states, if you made a purchase of $50.00 or more you got a box to use at the PAB wall. Well after spending nearly $1200 just in December >:-) , I earned quite a bit of those boxes, so when the time came I filled one of those boxes with mostly chairs.

I guess in a way they are not completely free since you still have to make a purchase to get said box, but getting parts from the PAB wall of your choice for free is great in my opinion. So I guess I know what I can do with all those chairs now.

DB

Yeah, they do that over here too...in Chicago. :-D

I had a feeling that's what you meant but it sounded like they were just handing you buckets of free chairs almost against your will. ;-)

I had a similar experience this year. They had gray 1 x 4 x 5 windows at the LEGO store at Woodfield Mall, so I filled my box with them and there was all this empty space, because the windows had no glas ( >:-( ) so I filled the space with flowers, all flowers, all white. Then I spilled the box and had to pick everything up and try to make it all fit again. Imagine a 30 year old man crawling around on the floor in the LEGO store during the holidays trying to pick up hundreds of white flowers. I had white flowers falling out of my jacket and shoes for days. I felt like a shoplifter even though I clearly wasn't.

Is this off topic? :-/

Yeah, they do that over here too...in Chicago. :-D

I had a feeling that's what you meant but it sounded like they were just handing you buckets of free chairs almost against your will. ;-)

I had a similar experience this year. They had gray 1 x 4 x 5 windows at the LEGO store at Woodfield Mall, so I filled my box with them and there was all this empty space, because the windows had no glas ( >:-( ) so I filled the space with flowers, all flowers, all white. Then I spilled the box and had to pick everything up and try to make it all fit again. Imagine a 30 year old man crawling around on the floor in the LEGO store during the holidays trying to pick up hundreds of white flowers. I had white flowers falling out of my jacket and shoes for days. I felt like a shoplifter even though I clearly wasn't.

Is this off topic? :-/

It may not be on topic, but I still have all those chairs. X-D

That is quite funny, but not as funny as watching a friend of mine ask for autographs at concerts. She is good at it though.

I thought about getting more white chairs now just to see if this works well or not. It is definitely a nifty idea, although one has to wonder if this is sturdy.

Oh yeah, I go to Woodfield Mall once in a while, but I prefer to go to the LEGO store in Northbrook, because of the larger PAB wall and the fact that the tax is less. It is good to know another Chicago AFOLer and Eurobricks member. :-D

Sorry but that last bit is off topic. :-P Cheers!

DB

Superb MOC. *y*

The snot logs, the seat shingles, it all flows together quite nicely.

It is good to know another Chicago AFOLer and Eurobricks member. laugh_new.gif

You two ain't the only ones. ;-)

Superb MOC. *y*

The snot logs, the seat shingles, it all flows together quite nicely.

You two ain't the only ones. ;-)

The three of us Chicagoans are clearly the best

Interesting to say the least. But... is it sturdy ? ;-)

Looks kind of sturdy to me.

Nice cabin, the interior could be better though. :-P