RoxYourBlox

10937 Modular Building: “An Alternate Asylum”

This interpretation of 10937 Arkham Asylum as the modular building, “An Alternate Asylum,” was created with four official sets and a handful of various monochromatic plates from my collection. Additionally, I elected to substitute some gray bricks with those of slightly more saturated hues via Bricklink. Enjoy!

flickr

Front:

9478964345_6534727399_c.jpg

Rear:

9481757600_02cef22512_z.jpg

Interior:

9478969033_e0946b676c_z.jpg

Stealing a moment away:

9478967045_710c81bfd4_z.jpg

Spooky Street:

9478972995_ea901d8b9f_z.jpg

Until next time~

9481757004_9c47964cff_z.jpg

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Great job! I like the scene with Batman and Catwoman out back. Can you post any close ups of the interiors?

Thanks, I'm fond of the last scene from The Dark Knight Rises. :blush:

There are a couple other angles on my flickr, but rest assured it's nothing more than the furniture included with the official set.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

This looks great! The tan trims you've added work really well with the grey and dark red.

I love it. I would love to be able to flesh out AA to look full in my modular layout. But egads! 4 Arkham sets is sadly way outside my budget.

My, what an impressive building. I can image being a minifig and see that thing towering over me.. Brrr! It's the type olf building parents threaten their children with: ' johnny eat your veggies or else.... I'll put you in Arkham!'. Great build!

Good grief four AA's! It's massive, but it sure looks impressive. And Spooky Street is looking great.

I love it. I would love to be able to flesh out AA to look full in my modular layout. But egads! 4 Arkham sets is sadly way outside my budget.

I first built this in LDD using the original and its pieces as a guide, then compared the alternate's brick counts versus 1x through 4x the original's. Since it wasn't a directly proportional relationship, it would've been more advantageous to buy all the parts off Bricklink from a store who clearly parted out multiples of this set... Alas, if anyone had done that, it wasn't obvious, so I just bought 3 sets (had one already) and consider all those extra gray & black parts a good investment for future MOCs. Edited by RoxYourBlox

Great work with the building. My favourite detail from the official set was the architectural style of the building, and as a complete building your MOC looks great.

Nice job there and I would be sprinting past that block with it and the HH next to each. Scary buildings.... *oh2*

Awesome work and happy building :laugh:

Nice interpretation, you captured the style and details of the original set, and made into something better. And it looks nicely beside the haunted mansion.

I like it. Very interesting take on everything. I like that this is modular, the depth seems to add a lot. However, I like the width of the official set.

I like the color scheme.

And I don't own one, yet you own 4! That's crazy talk.

I can't wait to see more.

I first built this in LDD using the original and its pieces as a guide, then compared the alternate's brick counts versus 1x through 4x the original's. Since it wasn't a directly proportional relationship, it would've been more advantageous to buy all the parts off Bricklink from a store who clearly parted out multiples of this set... Alas, if anyone had done that, it wasn't obvious, so I just bought 3 sets (had one already) and consider all those extra gray & black parts a good investment for future MOCs.

Is it possible that I could have the LDD for this? really love it and just happen to have 4 10937 in hand

Is it possible that I could have the LDD for this? really love it and just happen to have 4 10937 in hand

Check the last picture on his Flickr page ... you might find a surprise :sweet:

This looks great! The tan trims you've added work really well with the grey and dark red.

Until I saw Kristel's comment I did not notice the use of color, it was so subtle. Then I looked at your flickr feed and I knew. This is the most subdued use of color I have seen from you. Your eye for color just leaves me again in awe. A very nice build.

I agree with the above comments...the build itself is great but what makes it stand out is the subtle details and surface/ colour changes that really make it for me! Love it!

Very good. I was planning something similar with 2 sets. :thumbup:

I might have to rethink the scale now and buy a couple more AA's to match your MOC. :laugh:

Loving all the nice little touches, colors and gothic vibe. Good to see you kept with the feel of the set!

The grotesques on the roof look great! (I know they were in the official set, but still!)

Did you purposefully decide to make this modular symmetrical? Seeing as the official set isn't