prideprince

Seoul's Strikes Back

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Brickmaster(cafe.daum.net/brickmaster) is a community of Adult Fans of LEGO formed on October 22 2009 in Korea.

Our primary functions are friendship and the sharing of information about LEGO,

ultimately, leading LEGO from a toy to a new creative culture through social activities and public exhibitions in Korea.

We successfully finished 1st invitation exhibition: "New discovery of Leisure." at Seoul Station from January to May 2013.

The invitation exhibition ongoing at the gallery of Seoul City Hall: "Daddy! Let's go together." is the 2nd public exhibition of Brickmaster.

All works at both invitation exhibition were built by Brickmaster without any outside support.

LINK ㄱ

http://www.flickr.co...N07/9456044964/

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7319

http://www.hothbricks.com/2013/08/the-death-star-will-be-completed-on-schedule-my-master/

9456046372_24e96df6ea_b.jpg

Impressive display :thumbup: :thumbup: so many stormtrooper :wub_drool:

I saw that on brickset. Very impressive. I love seeing large armies. I think I have one stormtrooper from the Luke's Landspeeder set...

Thats a lot of Stormies, but just doesn't seem much impressive than looking at David Halls collection of clones...

I'm kind of in the same boat; army building has never seemed to demonstrate much building talent to me.

But this display is still impressive, and it is built as a scene with some pillars and a shuttle, not just 'figs on plates. :classic:

Thats a lot of Stormies, but just doesn't seem much impressive than looking at David Halls collection of clones...

The difference is I've never seen this guy brag once, and he probably has a full time job to fund his hobby.

In all honesty I'm not really impressed by this; I hardly see any building talent, just rows and rows of minifigs...

It's not even movie accurate either; look at this original picture from the movie:

Arrival-ROTJHD.jpg

There is so much more variety of troops in the original movie; there are hardly any stormtroopers there, but lots and lots of scout troopers, and imperials in grey & black suits. Had he built it this way, including some of the details (vehicle elevator in the background, better side walls) I would have absolutely appreciated this MOC. But it seriously cannot beat something like this (albeit here as well there is way too much focus on the "white suits"):

LegoDio4.jpg

This I applaud, not the one discussed in this topic...

I find the display rather impressive :thumbup:

Since the display isn't about being movie accurate, but rather about being impressive and ultimately changing the image of Lego, I don't share the concerns raised by some of my predecessors.

I do enjoy the vast number of storm troopers but I feel there could be more variety, maybe even some more detail on the exterior walls. Either way I think it looks rather impressive.

I find the display rather impressive :thumbup:

Since the display isn't about being movie accurate, but rather about being impressive and ultimately changing the image of Lego, I don't share the concerns raised by some of my predecessors.

I agree. It's quite impressive and I enjoy looking at it.

I've often debated whether to go movie accurate (which is about 1,000 minifigs) or go bonkers and lay down 5,000 minifigs. One day. . .

I prefer the version posted by HJR, although I'm not sure about the clones :look: .... perhaps I'm too much of an OT purist for them!! I'm waiting for Brickplumber to finish his, which will be the one to beat; it's already looking stunning :wub: :wub:

I've often debated whether to go movie accurate (which is about 1,000 minifigs) or go bonkers and lay down 5,000 minifigs. One day. . .

I love reading your posts whenever someone else posts about purchases or army building or the like.

I prefer the version posted by HJR, although I'm not sure about the clones :look: .... perhaps I'm too much of an OT purist for them!! I'm waiting for Brickplumber to finish his, which will be the one to beat; it's already looking stunning :wub: :wub:

Isn't Brickplumber's a Docking Bay 327 from Star Wars, not from Jedi?

Isn't Brickplumber's a Docking Bay 327 from Star Wars, not from Jedi?

Good point :blush: In my defence I should blame Lego as their current version is a hybrid of the two which does confuse things or, more likely, perhaps it's my age!