Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[SoNE Ep. I] Skirmish at bridge F-G

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

"My troops and I arrived to Bespin, a very beautyfull planet compared to that dusty rock of Tatooine, as soon as we reached the city we were sent to watch over a mining facility hovering over the north side, we never expected to find any resistance, after all we were meant to protect the compound and avoid any posible sabotage from the workers to the place, when we arrived, our landing craft was hit and we barely managed to reach a platform on board of the crippled ship, now we are desperately fighting to survive clearing a landing plataform so reinforcements could arrive"

9468104982_4cb682da71.jpg

IMG_2804 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9465332703_2682ea3d5d.jpg

IMG_2778 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9468106220_446c8a41a6.jpg

IMG_2803 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9468108488_9eba4e27d7.jpg

IMG_2787 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9468102526_57efce9a96.jpg

IMG_2814 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9468098746_029fbeafb3.jpg

IMG_2818 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9468097396_7c18776211.jpg

IMG_2819 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9468100018_379864c33c.jpg

IMG_2817 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Sorry for the crappy pics, I will get better shots once I do the proper modifications, I hope you like it.

Nice one Nom Carver! I especially like how the bridge came out. And the snoted round walls are also nice. In your final version you should consider placing the figs a bit different. Here it looks like you're standing in the line of fire :laugh: and more Rebel scum should be on the ground :devil:

Nice one Nom Carver! I especially like how the bridge came out. And the snoted round walls are also nice. In your final version you should consider placing the figs a bit different. Here it looks like you're standing in the line of fire :laugh: and more Rebel scum should be on the ground :devil:

Thanks for the advice, I will improve those issues right away but the updates will be posted a lot later.

Loving the little railings (I hesitate to call them that, since I'm pretty sure those don't exist in Star Wars canon) and the floor pattern.

I was inspired mostly on a map of battlefront.

I was just thinking that it reminded me of BF2's Mygeeto map. :laugh:

On that note, I like the circular platforms; that's obviously a big part of Bespon and you've done well including curves and angles in circles. :thumbup: But I'd remove the arches -- they don't seem very Cloud City-esque. And maybe some more grilles and vents and pipes and the like would help.

I was inspired mostly on a map of battlefront.

I was just thinking how much I now want to get out SWBFII and play Bespin Platforms again, hmm fighting in the central tunnel, using a Jettrooper to go capture the landing platforms...

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like the idea of the two platform connected by the bridge :wink:

I think the curves look pretty good, actually..! The figures could be placed a little different, but all in all it's a fine build..!

I like it really much! Your best build so far I think.

Wow Nom, that is a fine entry. I like the AA gun and the fact that everyone is fighting around it, it makes it feel like a very clustered battle. If i could offer some cc: some more ruble and debris from the ongoing battle would liven the scene up even more. Brick on!

Edited by Hobbythom

Very nice, I like the curves in the bridge, cool turret as well.

I was just thinking how much I now want to get out SWBFII and play Bespin Platforms again, hmm fighting in the central tunnel, using a Jettrooper to go capture the landing platforms...

You mean SWBF I, right?

It reminds me more of Kamino :laugh: .

On that note, I like the circular platforms; that's obviously a big part of Bespon and you've done well including curves and angles in circles. :thumbup: But I'd remove the arches -- they don't seem very Cloud City-esque. And maybe some more grilles and vents and pipes and the like would help.

They appear on the first BF game in some bridges (the arches) but I think they dont add so much to the scene so I will modify that.

Its the best game of the franchise but Bespin is not available on BFII unless it was released to be downloaded or so.

I like it really much! Your best build so far I think.

Thanks, I tried to do my best for this one.

Wow Nom, that is a fine entry. I like the AA gun and the fact that everyone is fighting around it, it makes it feel like a very clustered battle. If i could offer some cc: some more ruble and debris from the ongoing battle would liven the scene up even more. Brick on!

I will try to add some more details.

You mean SWBF I, right?

It reminds me more of Kamino :laugh: .

Yes thats the one.

Modifications will be made and I will get the updates later on the week, thanks for your C & C, they will prove very useful.

Updates: removed arches on the bridge, added cylinders to the platform, relocated figs, more rebels, my sig fig safely covered behind the cylinders.

9481496930_f29c78dd5d.jpg

IMG_2828 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9481488898_c73c5529b1.jpg

IMG_2854 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9478693561_5d60346004.jpg

IMG_2861 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9478690385_0740d4669f.jpg

IMG_2866 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9478687957_df0ede8ffa.jpg

IMG_2869 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9481478034_de2b9afe7a.jpg

IMG_2871 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

And some pics for the clone wars era lovers.

9478673919_9fd8f3f65e.jpg

IMG_2897 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9478678501_3ba19f4688.jpg

IMG_2888 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9478676251_02f5c6ef9d.jpg

IMG_2892 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Looks better. I would think about adding some sort of wall at the end of one of the platforms. Doors, pipes, vents, typical Cloud City stuff can be integrated there.

Much better! Love the bridge! Not so sure about the technic floor though. :sceptic:

More figs made it even better! The fac that you removed the arches shows more of the bridge, which is great! Looking a the pictures I think maybe something vertical on the platform with the stormies would improve the 'balance' of the scene, as a counterweight to the AA gun. Might be worth trying!

I will try to find out what can be done about that idea of a wall, regarding to the floor, I ran out of grey bricks.

Much better! Love the bridge! Not so sure about the technic floor though. :sceptic:

I actually like the technic floor. Gives it a nice texture versus a smooth surface.