SkaForHire

Raising the Dead – Family Heirloom (Community Story Build)

Raising the Dead – Family Heirloom (Community Story Build)

Paulos had a long trip back from Mpya Stedor. It was a good party, but the celebration was bitter sweet when he knew what lay ahead. He was on his way back to Queens Cross in order to pick up an item that he had hid there since before the battle. This item, the spear that killed his brother Dugal, was important evidence that he would bring before the Merchants Council at Eastgate to damn his brother Petera for his participation in Dugal’s murder.

Petera was now First Lord of Eastgate, the ruler of the city and the controller of its armies and fleet. He was also the CEO of GEAR CO, one of the most powerful trading companies in Historica. Paulos had a tough task ahead of him, but Petera must pay.

He arrived at the house of the former noble Lord Pastroo. Pastroo had fought against Paulos at Queenscross, and after the battle, Paulos had him executed for treason. Petera had sent out a warrant for Paulos’s arrest after that, claiming that he had “no authority to murder a high noble.” Paulos knew that he would have to retake the city by force, and he had enlisted Lord DaMaximus and his armies to help him in this task. Currently DaMaximus lay siege to Eastgate’s Old City. Although, not much progress had been made according to reports.

Inside the house he was shocked. The two guards that he had left to “guard the house” (They didn’t know the spear was hidden here) were brutally murdered and laying on the floor in the grand hall. Paulos checked under the floor boards and found that the spear was missing! He panicked.

At that moment there was a knock on the door to the room. Paulos turned to find a Grelf standing in the door way. “Come in, I must.” He said. “Yesil, I am Yesil, and Paulos Maclean, you are. Yeesssssss.” He introduced himself. Paulos knew a little of the Grelf from what Dugal had briefly mentioned.

9460893215_c945a0e0f8_z.jpg

DSC_0382 by skaforhire, on Flickr

“The spear that killed your brother, you have. Masa Of Kaliphlin needs it.”

“I am afraid I cannot help, as the spear has been taken from this place, and I do not know by whom.” Paulos Said.

The Grelf gave a subtle smirk and start to hum, about a minute later his eyes went wide and he said:

“Your brother, Petera, has the spear. Your guards his men killed, and to hide the spear from all who wish to use it he intends. Die, you must retrieve the spear or Dugal will. “

“Dugal is already dead!” Paulos said.

Yesil responded, in an almost rehearsed manner, “Death is but a sleep so deep. But of essence time is. For should the soul of the dead this life forget, there can be awakening no more.”

“So, what does the spear have to do with Dugal’s resurrection?” Paulos asked.

“One of the four ingredients required to bring Dugal back from the next world, the spear is. Obtain it, you must.

Paulos sighed. “I am going to need allies.”

So it was that Paulos sent messages to the four corners of Historica asking for heroes to come to Eastgate and help him take back his home and find the spear that slayed Dugal.

Like the firstand second plot lines, this is a community build. All three plot lines will merge together in an attempt to bring Dugal back from the dead.

In this plotline, the builders will be completing MOCs that have to do with the Civil War that is going on within Eastgate.

Volunteers will join Paulos’s side in trying to locate the spear within Eastgate. MOCs for this storyline will be more combat oriented, as there are two large armies facing off in this siege. There will be a series of tasks given by me to the volunteers. They will represent missions within Eastgate or its surroundings.

Once the task is MOCed, then the builder will receive one point. That point represents how many men the builder will be able to field for the final battle of the siege. Builders will be able to complete many tasks in order to build up their army, but points will not be given by to builds that are considered rushed or incomplete (Judged by Masa and Myself, we will ask a non-participant to be a tie breaker) Of course, the bigger the army, the more glory there is to be had in the final battle of the Siege of Eastgate. I will run that siege similar to how the Battle of Queens Cross was run.

Finally, the top three builders with the most points by the end date of this plotline will be asked to build a MOC representing their characters finding the Spear. The three builds will be put up for a GOH-wide vote for the best build. The winner would have bragging rights and be considered a Hero of Eastgate.

So what we need is volunteers. I will start giving tasks on the 20th of August, but you can sign up for this plotline as late as September 15th. The first few tasks will be the same for everyone, but those who complete the first three will start to get more customized missions. The end date for this plotline is October15th.

I will answer any questions or clarify whatever you need. I hope many of you will join us on this plotline, the first plotline, or the second plotline.

Or... All three, there is no limit how many plots you participate in, If you have the time to build for each, go ahead and sign up for all three.

Edited by SkaForHire

I suppose taking part in Masa's quest rules one out of participating in this?

Didn't understand at the time when I posted there that it was one of several choices, I thought it was sign-up for the whole community effort...

But maybe one's character can help in finding one of the ingredients to the potion, and then helping out in Eastgate (or not succeeding in finding one of the ingredients because of the need for help in Eastgate? :classic: )

Edited by Gideon

I suppose taking part in Masa's quest rules one out of participating in this?

Didn't understand at the time when I posted there that it was one of several choices, I thought it was sign-up for the whole community effort...

But maybe one's character can help in finding one of the ingredients to the potion, and then helping out in Eastgate (or not succeeding in finding one of the ingredients because of the need for help in Eastgate? :classic: )

Can I sign up for this if I have already signed up for Masa's quest?

It is totally acceptable for you to participate in more than one of these storylines. In fact you could sign up for all 3 if you know you have the time to build for all three. The only thing I would like to remind you here especially in the "retracing the steps" story line, is that once you get a quest, we will be depending on your MOC to continue the story. So I will also add if you signed up for the "collecting the pieces" quest and have time to participate in only one quest but upon reading one of these other storylines, you prefer to switch, this is totally acceptable as well. Just be sure to let me know.

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

I volunteer for this quest! Berelan Gryffen and the Golden Crowns will join Paulos in the quest to reclaim the spear. (However, I have very few tan/brown bricks).

Edited by Dragonfire

I volunteer for this quest! Berelan Gryffen and the Golden Crowns will join Paulos in the quest to reclaim the spear. (However, I have very few tan/brown bricks).

Not having tan is not a problem. Eastgate and its surroundings are a mix of cultures and landscapes -- Eastgate actually is not in the desert, and the immediate terrain resembles a dryer version of Avalonia.

Since I don't think I'll have time to join all three, I think I'll try for this one!

In other words, I volunteer!

Not having tan is not a problem. Eastgate and its surroundings are a mix of cultures and landscapes -- Eastgate actually is not in the desert, and the immediate terrain resembles a dryer version of Avalonia.

Sounds perfect to me, all my tan is locked up in my city wall build and I'm going to try to bring that to the Swebrick exhibition in early October. So no tan builds for me in at least 2 months...

That being said, Sir Gideon will aid in this search after helping Masa to search for the ingridients to the potion.

This one sounds more along my line of building. I always enjoy building battles :classic:

Edit: Not pulling out of Masa's story arc; sending someone else rather than Djun and Lukan.

Edited by Nightstalker

Lord Damaximus doesn't need to sign up as his army is already there :laugh:

Anyway, pictures of the army coming soon :classic:

That is what I was assuming, although it might be a smaller set of heroes that you do your story MOCs with...

One week until I start giving tasks, hopefully we see a few more volunteers for this and the other two stories!

Lord Damaximus doesn't need to sign up as his army is already there :laugh:

Anyway, pictures of the army coming soon :classic:

That is what I was assuming, although it might be a smaller set of heroes that you do your story MOCs with...

One week until I start giving tasks, hopefully we see a few more volunteers for this and the other two stories!

I can't wait. I have been stocking up on possible useful pieces from PAB. Already spent close to $120.... Of course these are the same bricks I want to use in upcoming mocs and scenary so it wasn't directly for this.

Not pulling out of Masa's story arc; sending someone else rather than Djun and Lukan.

Good idea, I'm going to see if one of my side characters can help with this as Gideon has already agreed to help Masa.

It's however not implausible that Gideon will arrive in Eastgate later if he succeeds in finding the ingredient for Masa.

I'll be signing up for this one too, though I may not have very much time to build on it :grin:

I'll try to get a character up some time soon :classic:

(I'll be away from the 22nd of August until the 2nd of September. Let me know if I've missed anything)

Alright, I thought I would post the first task a day early, and I will post the second task next Monday, and the third the following. From there I will give the individual tasks starting Sept 9th, and I will continue to give tasks on an individual basis after that. This way, everyone is on the same pace for the first month of the collaborative build.

So: The first task is as follows:

Paulos knows that he must travel to Eastgate to meet with DaMaximus and the army starting to gather there. Unfortunately, he has no scouts at the moment. He does not know what the land outside of Eastgate is like right now. Is it hostile to him? Is there a friendly inn to stay in? Are their brigands that must be dealt with?

Your job is to have your men look for a suitable path to Eastgate. Perhaps you stopped at one of the hamlets beyond the city walls to find shelter for Paulos on his travels. Perhaps you heard of some thugs that are working for Petera, and your men decided to take care of the problem before Paulos arrived. Perhaps there was another unforeseen obstacle in the way of Paulos arriving at Eastgate from Queenscross. Build your men/character scouting / preparing the way for Paulos.

This is a pretty open warmup build for everyone, so feel free to interpret the setting freely. Remember, Eastgate sits in a region where the terrain is changing. Avalonian woods, Kaliphlin desert, or even coastal shores would all make good settings for your MOC.

This first MOC should be no larger than 32x32 and no smaller than 10x10 (it is a warm up after all!)

Good luck!

As I have already said, I will miss the 2nd task due to being on holiday. May I complete it after Task 3 has begun?

Yes! Absolutely, there is no due date for each task, just the end of the community build.

As I have already said, I will miss the 2nd task due to being on holiday. May I complete it after Task 3 has begun?

So, I forgot to post task 2 yesterday. I will update the "score" when I release task 3.

Task 2:

Now that the way has been scouted, it is time to make preparation for "special actions" against Eastgate. Paulos and his men will need to have certain bases to work out of if they are going to wage secret war within Eastgate. Find a suitable "hideout" for one of Paulos's agents. Perhaps it is a tailor shop in the New Town of Eastgate, perhaps it is a cottage a few miles from Eastgate, maybe it is even in the sewers of the New Town! Depict your character either obtaining or preparing a base of operations for one of Paulos's agents.

Remember DaMaximus's troops are sieging the Old Town of Eastgate (the city inside the walls), so you might want to incorporate some of his soldiers in there, or even buy one of their lodgings in you MOC.

SO again, in short, find a base of operations for an agent of Paulos and your character to operate out of. If you are getting bloodthirsty, don't worry, Task 3 will require some more "combat oriented" skills.

Is it ok if I combine more than one task? I don't mean all two/three/four in one scene, but more like three or four scenes in different parts of the same build (similar to dG's recent training build). I have quite a lot to do (both LEGO and otherwise) during September!

Thanks to the Retracing the steps (and especially Everlast), I can only start building for this story line September the 23rd :sceptic:

So to all: Scout and infiltrate as good as possible so my men has not that much work anymore :laugh:

That is absolutely fine Kai!

Thanks! I'll try to get one done then after the third or fourth is announced!