Sign in to follow this  
MstrOfPppts

[SoNE] Good old times

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I used to be a smuggler on Tatooine before I joined the Imperial forces. Here's a little vig that shows me talking to an old friend, who lived on the outskirts of Mos Eisley. He usually helped me storing and selling the smuggled goods. At that moment we were both thinking, what the hell are the Imperial slugs doing down here ...

SoNEfb1-1.jpg

SoNEfb1-2.jpg

SoNEfb1-3.jpg

Hope you guys like it, C&C welcome and yes I want this judged :grin:

Edit: Added the promissed third picture.

Edited by MstrOfPppts

:drool: Excellent work! The SNOT sand doesn't look too smooth, your minifig part combos look great, you've got just the right amount of detail in the buildings with the grilles and the pipes and the little bits of unknown exposed machinery, and the angling of the building off of the irregularly-shaped base is the perfect finishing touch. :wub:

A photo editing tip: You've got some really bright highlights and some really dark shadows, with just a bit of graininess. I think you might be taking the picture under too low lighting (makes them noisier/grainier) and then increasing the contrast too much (almost-blown-out highlights with dark shadows). Adjusting that might fix what appears to be harsh lighting. (Watch out for monitor contrast issues if you can't see what I'm talking about.)

But that's just the pictures; the build is terrific. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thats what I call pure awesomeness!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: , "you wanna make us look bad" :wink:, this is what I have been waiting to see.

The empire is in safe hands with you, No presure on the judges but this one deserves a 6 out of 5 (you know what I mean) :wink: .

Edited by Nom Carver

Very nice, you managed to present a great deal of the typical tatooine in such small vignette. Somehow it seems as a hot day, must have something to do with the lighting, it looks great :thumbup: .

Theoden is secretly a smuggler!! Now I know where my missing pieces go....

I love this! I like the grill window and all the pipes and the little detailed stall! Do you have any more work like this?

Edited by Mutant Orc

I really like this build, well done. I like the way you've done the red canopy for the stall.

That's awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: Yo made a great work recreating the atmosphere and the sand with the snotted bricks :wink:

That's nice. You did however choose the wrong team! You do know it is proven that rebels have twice as much space in their quarters?

Thanks for nice comments everyone, I'm glad you like it. It really came out quite as I imagined despite my LEGO being in two huge containers and using only the parts from the top of them. Luckily I had the LR and some Hobbit sets still assembled which helped a lot with the tan parts ...

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I couldn't wait till today after finishing the MOC, so I took pictures at midnight. The room light and another table light + flash didn't seem to work. And all the reflections ... arrrgh! I was already thinking about buying a mini photo studio. I might consider retaking the pictures today at daylight. The sun is bright these days but as Vader already pointed out, he finds my lack of time disturbing - no strangling yet.

Thanks for the tips and I really like how profis can smell from the picture exactly what I was doing. This kind of editing pictures to look decent is also quite time consuming. This is also a great chance to improve in this segment for me!

Theoden is secretly a smuggler!! Now I know where my missing pieces go....

I love this! I like the grill window and all the pipes and the little detailed stall! Do you have any more work like this?

Who's Theoden? Yes I have some more work like this ... in my head! But first I have a lot of sorting and organizing to do, hope I manage it before the first episode ends.

Who's Theoden? Yes I have some more work like this ... in my head! But first I have a lot of sorting and organizing to do, hope I manage it before the first episode ends.

I think he's referring to some king of rohan from LotR, you know, he has the same face in Lego as your smuggler friend.

Aaaah he meant the poor old Flaren? I really didn't get this one, since I'm the black character. Flaren is no smuggler, he only provides the shelter for me and some loose bits. He also knows some influential people in Mos Eisley which is more than welcome!

Awesome work. Loving the sand dune and the fish market, and all the greebles on that building are great. :thumbup:

I love the sand, great work using SNOT. I also really like the detail on the walls, especially on top.

This a great build, you've captured the essence of Tatooine. Love the sandwork, the canopied vendor and the wall details!

Well, most smugglers become rebels. But it's okay. I love the snot bottom. The smuggler is inspired by that one from the SWTOR trailer, isn't he? Great kitbash and nice use of the new Lone Ranger hats.

The smuggler is inspired by that one from the SWTOR trailer, isn't he?

Yap, he looks quite badass, and these new Lone Ranger hats look a lot better than the ones from Indiana Jones.

Thanks everybody else for nice comments, I'm really glad you appreiate my work and can't wait to find time for some more.