VectorTrains

[LDD][MOD] 7937 Double Train Station

Hi all!

Today I am going to be showing you my latest creation, it's nothing fantastic, and not really that imaginative, but I thought some of you might like it.

Some of you may hate me for this, but I really like the 7937 train station, but having a larger layout than a kid makes a few of the Lego sets unusable, or not to their full potential anyway, and this is normally due to having more than one row of track (I think that's how you describe it..?). So, I decided to create this for myself, and for you guys!

Lets get onto it!

9457584351_99d77e182b_c.jpg

Here is an over all view of the station, as you can see, I have modified it to have 2 lines running through it.

9460366444_199b439595_c.jpg

The back of the station, you can see how I have extended the bridge.

9457584167_b0801d50a0_c.jpg

And finally a birds eye view of the station.

I like to keep my Lego stuff simple, so that why I haven't really added any more detail, If you do want to use this, you can download it in the attached files and make any adjustments you need to!

Criticism, feedback and anything else is welcomed with free Lego!

Bye bye!

Edited by VectorTrains

I love this station too, its simple and functional, the TAXI is a great addition as well. I have two of these and will buy two more so I can do what you did.

Thanks for the attached file! :)

It certainly looks better with two tracks but I think the platforms need to be extended quite a bit unless you are just planning on one carriage passenger trains.

Hey, why would we hate you? 7937 is a decent set, and certainly better than no station at all. Your's looks nice.

Joe

One thing to consider here is the slight 'practicality' of what you've put together - there isn't really a reason for there to be a central island at all - as long as the trains have doors on both sides, you only need one platform per track. This is a failure of the inital design having two platforms and only one track width - I just extended my bridge to have it spanning two tracks, as seen with most of the small railway stations here in the UK.

I'm not being crticial though, the station really suits being both widened and extended and the designs on this page look good!

I agree with the fact the middle platform is pointless, but it might look a bit odd without it...

And I also agree with extending the platforms, I shall do that today.

Been looking to do something similar to this myself although was going to do it without the central part, interesting to see what people say in regards to it possibly looking odd though, I'll try it and see all the same though. Was just going to bunch the tracks a little closer together.

That is in fact more typical indeed (without the middle stairs). Real stations also only have a platform at either the right (x)or the left side of a train. But of course in a LEGO World everything is possible ;)

I have just done my own version using two sets:

IMG_6416.jpg

The pile of bits in the middle is the very few leftovers from the two combined sets - I had bought two sets from which the tracks and the taxis had been split. It certainly seems to me to be greater than the sum of the two sets!

And with the addition of four of the platform and signal split from set 7938, we can extend the platform and add signals thus:

IMG_6417.jpg

A close up of the footbridge and gantry signals:

IMG_6418.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

I think I could improve on the gantry signal a little, but I was restricting myself to using parts only from the above mentioned sets.

Right, I have made a couple of modifications, well, more than a couple. Hope you like it!9470968599_15024475bf_c.jpg

I spy another building, more on that later! As you can see, I remove the middle platform and extended the other two.

9473750572_414779624b_c.jpg

Here you can see the back of the station, I added a bit of detail to the bottom of the support, so it didn't look so plain.

9473750384_2040fbc4df_c.jpg

A birds eye view of the station, you can see some shrubbery in-between the tracks.

9473750308_b069fde0fd_c.jpg

And finally, we get to the shop, but what type of shop? A model train shop of course! This shop stocks all types of trains, from Lego to Hornby! And Enlighten...

9470967927_6923b04691_c.jpg

He you can see the vintage tiles of the shop, but also it's two latest trains: The Emerald Night and the Maintenance Shunter!

Hope you like the new additions and modifications!

I attached the new station in the files below!

Cya round!

TrainStation.lxf

Edited by VectorTrains

Nice update,VT.

Your initial setup, whilst not as common, is sometimes used to aid loading and unloading and is referred to as Spanish platforms (or the Spanish solution according to wikipedia).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_solution

I also like the 4 track version Heppeng posted which leaves the centre pair open for express trains. 12 volt points(switches) help with that layout, there's a bit of faffing about required to get that track spacing with new track.

:classic: :classic: