Hi.

I saw that everybody builds the Back to the Future version of the DMC-12, so i thought why not to build the real version of the car?

I tried hard to make it as closest as possible to the real car. Notice all the little slopes and the building techniques :D

Here it is:

9458912212_e59137b540_z.jpg

Back side:

9458914204_5353093ca1_z.jpg

Side view:

9456132479_2370534e1b_z.jpg

And the interior of the car:

9458913682_b569df98a0_z.jpg

Flickr link

I forgot to say that this is my second attemp to build the Delorean DMC-12. This was the first version:

6341169562_14c2caaeea_m.jpg

I hope you like it!

Comments are welcome!

I love how you shaped the dark bley bumpers around the front and rear lights. Great job!

That looks awesome. Very well done indeed. You have the shape down and it is a good scale. A nice change of pace from the time traveling version.

That looks very well done. The shape of the car is spot-on. The BTTF movie is really the only reason why this car is popular. It was fairly expensive at the time it was sold, (About $63,000 U.S. Dollars in 2013 when adjusted for inflation.), and the company that made it went out of business.

Edited by Captain_Rex

Imagine how many more than the current ~9000 would have been sold if they were still producing them at the movie release...

But indeed the movie explains why so many are still on the road today.