Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

SoNE Free Build - A Rebel Leaving Corellia

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

"What's life like living on-the-run and under-the-radar you ask? Well you tell me. You've been a part of this rebellion for longer than I have." My friend didn't say anything in response. I guess we were both pretty tired after training on Nar Eurbrikka for a few weeks. Our orders came in yesterday that we were to head to Corellia, my home planet, and leave from there for some backwater gas mining station. We hired passage in a large freighter that was on it's way to the station.

9456729666_e70109cdcb.jpg

The ship is rusty, another side effect of gas, but it's well kept on the inside. The captain hasn't said much. I guess you get used to silence when your only company is a barrel of Bespin gas. After everything that happened on Corellia I don't mind the silence all that much either. It gives me time to think.

9453946009_2f09f7a060.jpg

Only a few more hours till we reach the station. I wonder when the next time I run into Nathan will be...

OoC: [Please judge these two pictures separately as two different free builds. If that's breaking a rule of some sort just let me know, I'm new to this concept like many of us here.]

I don't think it would be harmful for those to be judged as separate MOCs. You can't take advantage of the system that way, since there is the limit on free builds per episode. :classic:

The micro freighter is excellent! :thumbup: it has a very rusty, dirty, hired look to it, but it avoids looking post-apoc-ish or steampunk-ish. Also reminds me of a flying boat, which seems fitting as a hired ship out of a swamp planet. Your story is well-done, too, leading into your character's experience in Episode I.

I don't think it would be harmful for those to be judged as separate MOCs. You can't take advantage of the system that way, since there is the limit on free builds per episode. :classic:

The micro freighter is excellent! :thumbup: it has a very rusty, dirty, hired look to it, but it avoids looking post-apoc-ish or steampunk-ish. Also reminds me of a flying boat, which seems fitting as a hired ship out of a swamp planet. Your story is well-done, too, leading into your character's experience in Episode I.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Detail question, does my free-build counter set back to 4 now since I submitted these before the contest started or do they count towards the 4 between this episode and the next?

Thanks for the feedback from everyone else! I'm glad the rusty look came off so well.

Detail question, does my free-build counter set back to 4 now since I submitted these before the contest started or do they count towards the 4 between this episode and the next?

The free build counter resets when an episode ends. :wink: You've got two judged free build opportunities left to use before the end of Episode I.

The free build counter resets when an episode ends. :wink: You've got two judged free build opportunities left to use before the end of Episode I.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that we got 4 free builds before Episode 1 started and then 4 after it started. Since that's not the case can I only have the micro-ship judged? I'd rather save my other free builds for other things than a boring interior of a ship. I just threw that together to try to take advantage of the non-existent pre-game free builds.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that we got 4 free builds before Episode 1 started and then 4 after it started. Since that's not the case can I only have the micro-ship judged? I'd rather save my other free builds for other things than a boring interior of a ship. I just threw that together to try to take advantage of the non-existent pre-game free builds.

Sure. Yeah, those 'free pregame free builds' only applied to the MOCs posted before the rule change.

I quite like this mini version of ship and as said before, despite a strange color scheme it still looks quite Star Warish and not like it's from the steampunk era. My favorite part is the sticking out antennas. The real challange for you now should be to build it in the minifig scale for your future use in episodes!

As for the interior ... the walls look too plain and could use some decoration, but I see what you did there, greedy Rebel scum :grin:

I quite like this mini version of ship and as said before, despite a strange color scheme it still looks quite Star Warish and not like it's from the steampunk era. My favorite part is the sticking out antennas. The real challange for you now should be to build it in the minifig scale for your future use in episodes!

As for the interior ... the walls look too plain and could use some decoration, but I see what you did there, greedy Rebel scum :grin:

I agree the interior is awfully plain. I would have made it more interesting except I was trying to hit that imaginary deadline.