Sign in to follow this  
TrumpetKing

Collectible Minifigures Mafia - Day Four - Cuddly Creatures

The person who told me (whom I trust) has instructed me not to tell anyone else. I shall respect that person's wishes and leave him / her to disseminate the information as they please.

Sorry guys for not coming back earlier to respond. An extra bus-load of kids turned up and I had to read a lot more books than normal, which meant I was exhausted once I had finished and pretty much just had a quick bite to eat and then crashed for a long nap.

I had already had by own suspicions of Balthasar and I was told something that's best not to share out loud in public.

I'd appreciate if someone could share this with me so that I know what I am defending myself against.

Until this, the votes for me seem to be based on being middle ground, having not said much and gut feel. I'm not sure where this is coming from as I have shared my suspicions on who I think is scum and added my views on other discussions. I'd appreciate those considering jumping on the bandwagon to actually read my contributions first. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Also, for the many reasons that I have already stated today and previous days, my vote goes to Amanda.

Vote: Amanda Lazaro (PsyKater)

It's not about you. It's that I decided the Amanda lynch wouldn't achieve the required majority today, so voting for another scum is just as good.

It's not about you. It's that I decided the Amanda lynch wouldn't achieve the required majority today, so voting for another scum is just as good.

But I'm not scum.

I'd appreciate if someone could share this with me so that I know what I am defending myself against.

It comes down to this; we have taken everything from investigations, blocks, watches, and trackings, as well as those whom known scum either associated themselves with or distanced themselves from during the day threads and we are left with only 2 individuals whom could not be "cleared" by any of these methods, yourself and Rocky. Rocky established himself as more of a townie today than you and thus you are being lynched. If you can offer any defense as to why you shouldn't be lynched, either by making a PR claim to a trusted townie, or providing post evidence that makes your association with the scum highly unlikely then please do so.

But I'm not scum.

But that's what I'd expect a scum to say!

It comes down to this; [...] If you can offer any defense as to why you shouldn't be lynched, either by making a PR claim to a trusted townie, or providing post evidence that makes your association with the scum highly unlikely then please do so.

Exactly.

It comes down to this...

So you can confirm that all 10 other players, other than myself and Balthasar, are 100% town? Would making a PR claim to a trusted townie mean talking to one of the 10 confirmed? I'm sorry but I only see two things from this; 1) that you are in fact correct and Balthasar is the last scum (Since I know for a fact that I am town), or 2) that you have not actually confirmed everyone, and you're jumping to conclusions. Is is one of these two possibilities?

So you can confirm that all 10 other players, other than myself and Balthasar, are 100% town? Would making a PR claim to a trusted townie mean talking to one of the 10 confirmed? I'm sorry but I only see two things from this; 1) that you are in fact correct and Balthasar is the last scum (Since I know for a fact that I am town), or 2) that you have not actually confirmed everyone, and you're jumping to conclusions. Is is one of these two possibilities?

Not 100%, but enough to warrant them less likely scum than the two of you. Obviously some are considered more confirmed than others, as in an investigation is better evidence than a watch/track, but it's enough for us to whittle down the suspects.

It comes down to this; we have taken everything from investigations, blocks, watches, and trackings, as well as those whom known scum either associated themselves with or distanced themselves from during the day threads and we are left with only 2 individuals whom could not be "cleared" by any of these methods, yourself and Rocky. Rocky established himself as more of a townie today than you and thus you are being lynched. If you can offer any defense as to why you shouldn't be lynched, either by making a PR claim to a trusted townie, or providing post evidence that makes your association with the scum highly unlikely then please do so.

I would have contacted Melanie already if I was a PR. I'm just a vanilla townie.

I understand that guilty until proven innocent is part of this game of life, but something more specific to defend myself against would be nice. Rocky was given an opportunity to prove his towniness because he was questioned about the specifics of what he said.

I don't have the benefit of knowing what the NA results are other than what's shared here. Can you PM me some of your reasoning if you don't want to publish it for everyone to see?

In the meantime, I guess I'll be pulling together what I can to prove I'm town.

Until now I actually thought both Balthasar and Rocky were town, but if necessary, I'll take the judgement of the town block over my own. It seems we have a well-organized town, and it would be wrong to just ignore what you found out.

You seem to be really sure of this, and in my experience, when organized townies are that sure of something, they are probably right (or it will end in a disaster). And he's claimed vanilla and we've got a lead over the scum, so we can take the risk.

We've still got plenty of time left, so I won't vote right now. Also, I want to see what exactly he's going to "pull together to prove he's town".

Ok, well, having just gone through all the previous days, I can say that I'm also inclined to agree that Balthasar might be scum. To this effect, and because I trust the Town Block, I will Vote: Balthasar Jameson (Kristel)

More specifically, I've gone through the previous days and used my "who's arguing with whom" type of analysis, and I'm left with the following individuals who might be scum: Balthasar, Amanda, Danyelle, and Rocky. I used to be suspicious of Ronald, but after looking back over what he's said, and with whom, I think now that it's more likely that I was just tunneling in on him for a single comment he made on day one. I was also briefly suspicious of Janice, but I feel, due to a comment on day one, and several other events, that it is unlikely that she's scum as well. Rocky stays on the list despite Paris's accusation because I believe that Paris would have bussed two scum. If there turns out to be more than one scum left, and Balthasar is scum, I would be rather confident that Amanda is not.

I'm also going to vote: Balthasar (Kristel). Balthasar, I'm afraid I'm only the spokesperson, the leaders of the group will have to make the decision how much to reveal to you privately.

Vote Tally

Balthasar Jameson (Kristel) - 6 (Esurient, mostlytechnic, DarthPotato, jamesn, Dannylonglegs, Waterbrick Down)

Amanda Lazaro (PsyKater) - 1 (Kristel)

With 12 Players left, a majority of 7 votes is required to form a lynch.

~26 Hours remain in the day.

Edited by TrumpetKing

But I'm not scum.

That's not a very convincing statement.

I'm going to put my faith in the Town Block and Vote:Balthasar Jameson (Kristel)

Our trusted town block haven't come back to me yet on the specifics of what makes them think I'm scum. I understand why - I haven't done anything scummy to point at because I'm not scum. I haven't had to lie or be dodgy. Everything I've said is my honest opinion on what has happened. If I sound a little short, it's probably because I'm starting to get a bit annoyed that I am being incorrectly accused, with no evidence provided against me.

Anyway, the time spent waiting for something hasn't been wasted. I've gone through everything from day 1 onwards again and tried to find something that might have led to me being on the chopping block today. I'm not going to go through everything I said because that's all there for everyone to read and make their own call on. I'll instead focus on those things where someone might consider there's a gap.

Day 1:

I poked Tybalt for his early suspicion on Rosie because I thought it odd that he would raise something that, to me, was obviously Rosie just role-playing with her hairbrush. Both Paris and Tybalt came back to me asking me if I considered myself the be-all-end-all of reads. These were Paris' words, but Tybalt's were to the same effect. I didn't respond to either of those because I thought it was stupid to suggest that I would think that. I didn't think either of their comments needed a response.

I voted for Brittney for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. I can see how that might be considered middle of the road, but isn't everyone else who voted for the same reasons "middle of the road" also? They were valid reasons, and Brittney was the scummiest looking on Day 1.

In that same post, I raise Janice, Benvolio and Amanda as other potential suspects. I don't vote for any of them at this stage because they haven't had a chance to explain themselves and I didn't think I'd have another chance to post before the day ended. In an earlier life, I voted for someone for not coming back to defend themselves and felt awful about it. I like to give people a chance before voting for them.

Day 2:

I was on Eric's list that he shared with everyone . He had me at 55% scum, along with a lot of other people at 55% or higher. I didn't feel a need to respond to this because I also had pretty much everyone on the "might be scum" side of the list at that stage. I would have been more surprised if he had only a few people he considered might be scum.

There was also some discussion around Rocky on Day 2. I didn't contribute to that discussion because I didn't have a read on him one way or the other at that stage.

I realise now too that I didn't state whether or not I had received the PM from Laurence. I didn't get one, but I didn't think much of it at the time because Laurence and I have never really spoken before. I am not a big user of PMs because I never know who to trust in the early stages, and prefer to raise my suspicions publicly. Being vanilla, I haven't had a reason to PM anyone here.

Day 3:

Benvolio lists a number of points why he thinks I'm suspicious. My gut feel is that this is a OMGUS response to me saying earlier that, just because he has Melanie's confidence, doesn't mean he's cleared . I addressed each of his flawed arguments . I thought his half-baked apology and back-track was in itself scummy, but I didn't respond to it because I thought everyone would see it for what it was, especially since I wasn't the only one that he did this to.

There was a lot of discussion around Abraham that I didn't contribute to. I didn't weigh in on that discussion because part of me felt that he was being targetted just for being on Laurence's list. I didn't actually believe that Laurence could have gotten 3 out of 3 right based purely on Day 1 observations. No-one's that good.

Despite what I said above about not generally voting for someone without giving them a chance, I did vote for Abraham even though he never came back. If I recall correctly, he was on-line for parts of that day. The clincher for me (as I stated in-thread ), was his choice of CMF and Melanie pointing out how different it was to everyone else's.

These are the things where I think I may not explained my reasons or rationale fully during the days. Let me know if there is something else that I've said or done that makes you suspicious of me. I'm happy to answer any questions. Actually, I would love to have some specific questions to address because I am really clutching at straws here.

As I don't have a PR and there's still plenty of townies left, lynching me won't be the end of the world. Given there's likely only one scum left, possibly two, it's likely that we'll win anyway. It will, however, be a wasted lynch.

I still believe that Amanda is likely to be scum and would be a better choice for the lynch today. I'd like to hear why no-one else thinks so.

Or, as in my case, a vanilla townie telling the truth.

I can see why you're pissed off with me. My little role-play about the snot-nosed kids reading better than you probably rubbed you up the wrong way. But that's all it was - just role-play.

I'll certainly grant that you're in a tough place - a vanilla town is a hard role to defend when you're getting vague accusations. I appreciate your solid defense attempt and if you're telling the truth, well, we'll make sure to win in your memory. But as for me, as you stated: "As I don't have a PR and there's still plenty of townies left, lynching me won't be the end of the world. Given there's likely only one scum left, possibly two, it's likely that we'll win anyway."

That's pretty much my logic - there's a short list of people that are heavily possible scum and we're trying to get through them. We can do night actions, but using the lynch to test another character speeds things along.

And likewise, if you are scum, well, it's easy to claim vanilla town and justify anything you've said so far. At this stage you know you can't fake claim a PR since we'd know better, so a vanilla town claim and going through posts like you did is the best defense you can make, so you really can't prove yourself other than through the lynch (or investigations, but there's more players than abilities, so like I said, we've gotta use the lynch as a test too)

Alright, let's do this.

Vote: Balthasar Jameson (Kristel)

Discussion seems to have come to a halt, so I guess there's no reason to withhold my vote any longer. We've got a sufficient margin for error, so while I'm not entirely sold on this lynch, I will put my trust in the town block.

I will also put my trust in the town block. It seems to be well put-together - we've already gotten three scum so far - and I trust it's judgement. Vote: Balthasar Jameson (Kristel)

Seems like Balthasar is going to be lynched. I personally feel he is town, which is more of a gut feeling (And I cannot prove anything), since I've not seen/felt him come off as scummy thus far, but, against my better judgement, I'll vote with the town block. Like Danyelle said, they have found out three scum already, so they do seem to know what they are doing; I just hope they are not missing fire today. Then tonight I hope I'm investigated so the town block can see my townieness and stop hounding me during the day; but of course, the best thing that could happen would be the this lynch is the last scum, and the town finishes off these monsters once and for all.

Vote: Balthasar Jameson (Kristel)

I'm also going to vote: Balthasar (Kristel). Balthasar, I'm afraid I'm only the spokesperson, the leaders of the group will have to make the decision how much to reveal to you privately.

And still no PR from anyone explaining the charges against me.

And likewise, if you are scum, well, it's easy to claim vanilla town and justify anything you've said so far. At this stage you know you can't fake claim a PR since we'd know better, so a vanilla town claim and going through posts like you did is the best defense you can make, so you really can't prove yourself other than through the lynch (or investigations, but there's more players than abilities, so like I said, we've gotta use the lynch as a test too)

I could prove myself if there was something to defend against. At this stage, the town block has given me nothing to work with. Why not a single specific question in response to my last post? Because there is nothing. What have I done to hurt the town? I've done nothing but try and weed out those that I think are scum.

... I will put my trust in the town block.

I will also put my trust in the town block. It seems to be well put-together - we've already gotten three scum so far - and I trust it's judgement.

.... they have found out three scum already, so they do seem to know what they are doing;

We've gotten three scum so far because of Laurence, not because of the supposedly well-formed town block we have. Don't forget that our vig killed Juliet last night. I didn't think she was scum.

And they have started today's lynch of a vanilla townie on baseless accusations.

When I flip town tomorrow morning, I suggest you take a long hard look at who's in this "trusted" town block. Maybe you should start now, starting with the person who suggested Juliet would be a good kill.

Vote Tally

Balthasar Jameson (Kristel) - 10 (Esurient, mostlytechnic, DarthPotato, jamesn, Dannylonglegs, Waterbrick Down, Zakura, Peanuts, Adam, Captain Nemo)

With 12 Players left, a majority of 7 votes is required to form a lynch.

~30 minutes remain in the day.

Final Vote Tally

Balthasar Jameson (Kristel) - 10 (Esurient, mostlytechnic, DarthPotato, jamesn, Dannylonglegs, Waterbrick Down, Zakura, Peanuts, Adam, Captain Nemo)

With a majority of 10 votes, Balthasar Jameson (Kristel) has been chosen to be lynched.

9476522794_ced3ffbf37_z.jpg

Balthasar Jameson looks over the balcony, thinking about his expected death.

9473731395_2160f35415_z.jpg

As he turns around, he sees Gollum, who quickly pounces on the poor Chicken-dressed storytime reader.

9473730757_042877e2e3_z.jpg

Needless to say, Balthasar Jameson (Kristel), made a very nutritious and protein-filled snack.

You have 24 hours to get your night actions in!

Edited by TrumpetKing