Edit: Sorry, of course I mean 42009

Hi there,

it will still take some time until I will be able to buy the crane, therefore I ask the happy owners :)

42009 has in my opinion a really interesting b model but besides the manual and a few pictures on a german forum I could not find any real review of the set.

Did any of the people who already own the set try the b model and maybe took even a few pictures/videos of the set/functions?

Cheers

Edited by maxxens

I too lack a proper review of the b model. I take it that you have found the instructions. If not you can download them here. http://www.lego.com/en-us/technic/products/construction/42009/ For me the thought of building it makes me less willing to do it. I don't have much room near my computer monitor and don't want be too far away from it. Still this model is the first in i don't know how long that i am more interested in the b model then the A.

Yes and in them is a reach stacker. :grin: I never noticed the misspelling in the title until it was pointed out. :sadnew::hmpf_bad:

Nevermind. Thought I saw pictures of the b model on brickshelf, but they were a moc.

Edited by gmshades

I'm gonna use parts of the 42009 for MOC-ing, but I'll still build both the A and B-models. But I dunno which to do first.

Can someone find out how many parts are left after building the B-model. I figure many since B-models don't usually use that many pieces. Still this set does have 3 parts in the B and regardless it would be nice with a number. I wont be building the B-model anytime soon myself, still have much left before even the A-model is finished.

Thanks you for that. Well lots of leftovers like i suspected. Funny how the truck is about the same size as 8109 and the reach stacker's arm is the only thing also longer than it. I thought that the truck would be smaller and the reach stacker bigger than that set. I'll try to remember to snap a picture of the crane next to 8109 for comparison.

To be honest I was surprised that the stacker and the truck are so big. I thought they would be both a bit smaller. I will for sure build the B-Model after buying the set. But It think I will still wait a bit because right now there is simply no time to build it :)

Me too, expected it to be smaller. But good thing they're big, gonna make the B-model more fun to make :laugh:

I kind of want to buy another set for the B-model but i have no space or money for it atm :( Put the 42009 up beside my old crane and it looked like a little toy, almost wanted to try and lift it with the new one :P

If you have an older crane, why not make the B-models out of the new one? :laugh:

I like the new crane :P Its so massive compared to every other "construction" set i have so it needs to be there :)

True, it also helps that it's so heavy i can hang other Lego models from it which i find amusing :P

Just don't hang something too heavy or it might fall over. From what i've read it is not as powerful as one can think. BTW this thread should be about the B-model not the crane.

Just don't hang something too heavy or it might fall over. From what i've read it is not as powerful as one can think. BTW this thread should be about the B-model not the crane.

Had the chassis of 8285 hanging of it while building the model :)