On the fateful night of July 28, 1588, the Spanish Armada, anchored off Calais (near Dunkirk) saw that the English had set out eight burners and sent them toward the closely anchored ships of the Spanish Armada...

9445909741_1efa1eb0c7_z.jpg

And with a bit of photo-editing:

9445910655_92f890bc5e_z.jpg

The confused Spanish ships:

9448700792_47cda8ed45_z.jpg

The exploding ship all by itself:

9445914697_5e07dd08c8_z.jpg

And an English ship:

9448704078_46f935fe34_z.jpg

Thanks for the basic boat design to Kai NRG here.

Actually, I finished this a while ago, I just never got around to posting it tell now. Anyhow, this is a historical build (though afterwards I found out that none of the Spanish ships actually caught fire - they all just cut cable and ran away :wink: ).

C&C are welcome, more pics at my Photostream.

Thanks all!

Great work! The use of the hands as flags was very clever!

Thanks, the idea comes from Kai NRG though, as I mentioned above. :classic:

Very nice parts usage! Great work!

Thanks, the build really are developed from the burner i.e., they are the beginning and reason for the build. :wink:

Really nice micro-style MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Excellent build for such a small scale! Even the first pic without the Photoshopping looks good!

Great scene. Excellent job on the ships. I wonder if you made the burners first while trying some new techniques and then got the idea to create this MOC.

Excellent build for such a small scale! Even the first pic without the Photoshopping looks good!

Thanks, Masa!

Great job on the microships! Love the photo edited part showing the flames :thumbup:

Thanks, I thought that one looked cool too! :wink:

Those are some awesome microscale ships! Dimly lit photography is also cool. :thumbup:

Thanks, actually, it wasn't really that dark when I took the pic, I also darkened it a little bit on the computer.

Great scene. Excellent job on the ships. I wonder if you made the burners first while trying some new techniques and then got the idea to create this MOC.

Exactly, I thought it was about time to find out some new techniques :wink::laugh:

The micro scale ships look great! I also like how you have some of the ships sinking into the water :thumbup:

I like the Mini Moc Style! Very nice Vig! :pir-grin:

(This would be better suited in the Pirates Forum, not to be a MiniMod)

Thanks, as to being in the wrong forum, I posted it here because it is history, but if a Mod wants to put it in the Pirates forum - I hadn't thought of doing that before - I'm fine with that :classic:

The micro scale ships look great! I also like how you have some of the ships sinking into the water :thumbup:

Thanks, SK, the sinking ships were not very easy to keep in place :grin: (especially the one in the front :wacko: ).

Those are some pretty epic small scale vessels! Lovely! :wub:

Very clever idea as well, I can't recall seeing any Spanish Armada scenes around thus far!

Those are some pretty epic small scale vessels! Lovely! :wub:

Very clever idea as well, I can't recall seeing any Spanish Armada scenes around thus far!

Thanks, most of the Spanish Armada builds are probably in the Pirate Forum :look::wink:

Reminds me of battleships, nice work!

Those ships looks like real battleships!

And special effects are amazing)

Thanks, the SNOT black bottom worked nicely as a reflector (like water, was the idea :wink: ).

Edited by Garmadon