Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

MOC: The Adventist Church in Roskilde, Denmark

Together with my mother Anne Mette I have build the Adventist Church in Roskilde, Denmark. The church was built in 1963. The LEGO version was built to celebrate the 50 years anniversary in 2013.

9443053584_d521c8ca34_c.jpg

9440266951_7872812594_c.jpg

9443050582_37d67b9e6e_c.jpg

9440263613_0c636b421e_c.jpg

9440261233_1f28fd6030_c.jpg

9440258833_d7cb06a6c7_c.jpg

9440256049_0015efee6e_c.jpg

9443038814_f31a7f5bb6_c.jpg

9440249223_5cc03ef018_c.jpg

9440245531_6310a336ef_c.jpg

Photos of the real church:

1375687337m_DISPLAY.jpg

More photos of our MOC can be seen here:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=532249

This is beautiful 'Lasse', the detailing is perfect and I know about realistic detailing.......the camp fire scene is a nice touch as well. :wub:

The church design is spot on, the doors and that high pitched roof with cross........a huge :thumbup: ........Brick On 'Lasse' ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Very nice Lasse! Also nice to have some church life around it, youth activities included ;)

Good work! I have been there, in Roskilde, when I was on holiday in Kopenhagen, I go to Denmark every year, not only to LEGOLAND, but also the rest of Denmark. I saw this church, and it looked cool, and I like it someone build it in LEGO! Are you a adventist yourself? I am catholic, but I like the shape of this church.

Keep the MOCs coming!

That's great :thumbup: :thumbup: the MOC is very close to the real church :wink:

There's so much to enjoy in this MOC; that sweeping curved wall is fantastic!, the steeply pitched roof is excellent and you've used a great technique there, the way you've handled the natural slope to the site is perfect, but I think my favorite part is actually the windows. It's simply done, and very, very effective.

Thank you sharing it with us!

Are you a adventist yourself?

Yes. The day where the anniversary was celebrated the MOC was exhibited in the church.

When I was younger I was also member of the Scout club and I have been sitting around the bonfire many times.

You did a great job rebuilding the church with bricks. It looks amazing, and the different shapes and angles of the walls and roof are really well done. My favourite detail(s) are the the dark green trees, I can't figure out how they're built, and I haven't seen this technique before - it looks fantastic.

Hi Lasse,

excellent work!!!

I am not fond of modern architecure churches usually, but I must admit, yours looks fantastic!!! Even better than the real building in my opinion. The landscaping is perfect as well!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Love this creation! Just stunning work!

Now I'm sure the new MOC i'm thinking of will be possible. It also have a lot of strange angles on the walls. And I also spot a nice solution for the terrain around it. Good work!

Really well done! Not only is the church a great recreation, the design for its display is just awesome!

This is stunning! I love the curved wall, the steeply pitched roof and how you've done the pine trees. Very true to the real building as well. Well done!

This is a wonderful build :classic: that curved wall :wub: and the roof :wub: very spectacular!! You've managed to capture the real building's look flawlessly! Well done!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

Very, very nice MOC Lasse! I love how the families have the same hair color and the elderly have grey hair. Just small thing but really make a difference. I love the pram and may have to pinch the design for an upcoming display. Many thanks for sharing this grand design.

Cheers

Brendan

Beautiful and amazingly built! Absolutely eye catching. You did a fantastic job brick-building it from the photos above using cool building techniques!

Will you be displaying this??

Fantastic looking build. I love it when these super realistic sculpture mocs are made in minifig scale, it's more challenging, but it adds life to it.

Its great that you can light a bonfire around the church, I am not religious, but a bonfire might have persuaded me to get up on Sunday mornings. I haven't been to Denmark yet, but have noticed in Finland that the whole church culture was much more modest in design and decor and more open to things like music and socializing compared to the south.