Sign in to follow this  
rm8

New 6 hole rims at 42000 and 9398

I have both 9398 and 42000, and they both came with the OLD Rims. Granted, got those sets few months back so most likely an early batch.

How are those 3rd party tires on your 9398?:)

They are great. They genuinely improve performance on both crawlers. I have had them both outside on rocks, grave, grass and even mud...and they perform much better than the stock tires.

The fact that they deform under load is a big deal, and gives them a lot more grip.

I love 'em.

Cool! Did you have any issues when putting them one the rim? Do they sit right with the reinforcements? This topic is confusing me! xD

A few people in various threads have posted pictures of 3rd party tyres on the new rims and said that they work well.

Cool! Did you have any issues when putting them one the rim? Do they sit right with the reinforcements? This topic is confusing me! xD

If you get the right size, they work just fine. In fact, they work exactly like the official Lego tires do, if not easier. They are a lot more supple and easy to work with.

Anyone know if there is any way of obtaining these new rims, aside from ordering new copies of 42000/9398?

Obviously tried Bricklink, I don't think they are aware of the new mold yet.

Call customer service using the # on the website. Once you get a hold of a representative, tell them you wish to order parts, give them the part #6062522 and the qty. you want.

The new walls on the rims are not reinforcements, they are there to make the assembling of rim and tire easier.

I had no trouble putting these on my new rims the ribs mean they push the foam up and fill the tyre weird but better shaped foam would solve this.

the rim never slips inside the tyre like on the lego ones. the grip is phenomenal and the looks even better... so good to use lego tyres indoors and these outdoors.

245ddax.jpg

I just took advantage of the buy one get on 1/2 off at Toys R Us and picked up 2 crawlers and one had the old wheels and one had the new style wheels. They are so much nicer.

Hi everyone

at 16th October 2013 I bought 4200 and had a pleasure to gain new 6 holes rims. It would be great when light bluish gray would be available so you can make 1:12 scale truck with rear wheel housing from 42000 set to make rear double wheel solution.

I hope this idea will be usable to someone. If you want I can make pictures of it and public them on EB

Regards

Igor

Did someone met new "41999 style" black rims WITHOUT WHITE RING at old sets like 42000 and 9398?

I have such information, but still dont belive

2013_%2525208_%2525205_14_56.jpg

These tires can not be used with Well known Ansmann 3rd party tires cause of reinforcement inside the rims. Old 3 hole rims do not have this reinforcement. Note that.

Is the inside clearance of the new rims the same as the old rims, even though the reinforcements are different?

Yes, it's the same. They only have one stud width of connection now tho, but it has higher clutch power than the old rims.

Did someone met new "41999 style" black rims WITHOUT WHITE RING at old sets like 42000 and 9398?

I have such information, but still dont belive

These tires can not be used with Well known Ansmann 3rd party tires cause of reinforcement inside the rims. Old 3 hole rims do not have this reinforcement. Note that.

There are not only on 42030 set but light bluish gray on 70810 set, but they are meant to be used with LEGO (plastic-like) tires

Shamelessly taken from rm8's review :)

blogger-image--1589238474.jpg

I got these ones also but note: I got mine in early 2013.

NXT45

Edited by NXT45

Not completely needless topickick: somewhere I've read (now unable to find), that the latest 8110 batches also shipped with the new rims. Are some of you able to verify that? And if they are, did the latest Unimogs came with grey or black coloured rims?

Not completely needless topickick: somewhere I've read (now unable to find), that the latest 8110 batches also shipped with the new rims. Are some of you able to verify that? And if they are, did the latest Unimogs came with grey or black coloured rims?

That's true, but you cannot say from the box if there are new or old type wheels inside.

Ok, thanks. Sounds good. Then I will carefully need to open my remaining still sealed Unimog and see.

Any more experiences, or a way to check some kind of number on the box? (E.g. production date or similar)

The 9398 I picked up recenty was equiped with the new wheels. Th eshopholder told me he had his stock for a few weeks already.

It's true, I bought unimog few weeks ago, and it has 6 hole rims, but they are still grey.

I wonder if grey wheels same like black ones became glossy too?