Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I think Lego did the right thing with the faces now this image has popped-up:

Exactly! That looks bad.

I hope the episode isn't with those style heads.

Edited by just2good

I'm hoping that the people in charge of that magazine just Googled "LEGO Simpsons" and chose an image which happened to be some random custom rather than the actual product itself. I seriously hope the characters in this special Simpsons episode don't end up looking like that and actually resemble the proper minifigures.

Nah, that'll be the in show heads for sure. It'll be a mix of stop motion and CGI, using blank lego heads with them faces added post production I bet.

I actually don't think it would look so bad without the nose or ears, but, as ugly as it is, I kind of hope these are what they go with in the episode. I think it makes the joke much funnier than the characters basically just having their own heads on LEGO bodies. Still though, could have done without that nose....

My friend pointed out that they may be done this way in the show as it's easier to animate their mouth.

See? That's what they should've done with these. I REALLY like that

-Sci

Amazing how polarizing this line is. That TV guide marble looks hideous. I would be less inclined to buy them of they looked like that. Yaaay for what we have.

I would be much more interested in buying the line if they looked like that. I just don't like the molded heads, personally.

I actually don't think it would look so bad without the nose or ears....

I agree. I did a quick mock-up in Photoshop. Without the nose and ears, I think it looks MUCH better, and probably closer to what people were expecting when the line was announced:

P2ErlU1.jpg

See? That's what they should've done with these. I REALLY like that

-Sci

Are you being serious?

My friend pointed out that they may be done this way in the show as it's easier to animate their mouth.

I doubt they would use different models for the TV show. After all what would be the point of using different versions in the episode when they are basically promoting the ones on the shelf? Especially when this line is really just the figures, surely LEGO want to use the 550th episode as a giant commercial and show off all the effort they've put into each figure.

I doubt they would use different models for the TV show. After all what would be the point of using different versions in the episode when they are basically promoting the ones on the shelf? Especially when this line is really just the figures, surely LEGO want to use the 550th episode as a giant commercial and show off all the effort they've put into each figure.

Well... The released picture says otherwise.

If they were using the ones we have released, they'd need different kinds with open mouths, etc. this is just a cheap alternative.

I suppose it is cheaper for them to do it this way, but it doesn't change the fact that it is highly disappointing. I'll still watch the episode, of course, but the faces will probably be bugging me for the entire episode. Hopefully by the time the episode comes out the CMFs will have arrived in the UK.

Well... The released picture says otherwise.

If they were using the ones we have released, they'd need different kinds with open mouths, etc. this is just a cheap alternative.

That picture isn't a screenshot from the episode, it's just two images put together. For all we know it's old concept art. Plus considering it's not straight from LEGO or 20th Century fox, we don't even know if it's an officially image.

If the episode is CG animation like all other Lego episodes than it wouldn't make a difference, they'd just animate the heads. And even if it were stop motion they could still work with the molded heads as you can animate the mouths in other ways (Robot Chicken does it all the time).

The head doesn't really look all that official to me. Who knows, maybe the episode will include both styles of Simpsons minifigure. But I tend to believe whatever's sitting on the store shelves will make it in one way or the other.

If the episode is CG animation like all other Lego episodes than it wouldn't make a difference, they'd just animate the heads. And even if it were stop motion they could still work with the molded heads as you can animate the mouths in other ways (Robot Chicken does it all the time).

The head doesn't really look all that official to me. Who knows, maybe the episode will include both styles of Simpsons minifigure. But I tend to believe whatever's sitting on the store shelves will make it in one way or the other.

Plus it's the 550th episode and their 25th anniversary, so I'm pretty sure they are willing to spend a lot of time and money to make it as good as it can be.

When will this episode air?

Might be the first Simpsons episode I ever watch... Eugh..

May 4th, at least in the United States.

May 4th, at least in the United States.

Do you know when it will air in the UK? Edited by Legoman123

I'm hoping the episode will feature the molded figures, b/c the face that's on the TV Guide would be just weird. But sadly, I think what's on the cover is how it's being done (not the photoshopped one). :(

Too bad guys! I saw this on the official The Simpsons Facebook-page:

10246598_10152089034873697_5205146743098613903_n.jpg?oh=105a46dd0faa9a34646a033f32efdec9&oe=53C83CD1&__gda__=1405226806_792c0e48e9bfe9b4ba157b522c7731ce

Wow, nothing looks right about it. The lego looks like jello or something, looks like random youtube fan made it.

well.. I guess the building coud be done like that in real lego, so thats a plus?