Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

That seller has them all and it appears to have a decent amount......thought the bids starting at 8 bucks US sounds like this seller is hoping for a biding war ? :wink:

At the mini Lego show I'm displaying at we have the house on display.....the roof has come off so many times so people can see inside especially Bart's room.....feedback has been positive for the house. Will say I never realised Homer borrowed so much from Ned ? :laugh:

Hey guys, I'm not following the topic, so please tell me, are we getting any Simpsons sets (minifigures and house do not count)?

Hey guys, I'm not following the topic, so please tell me, are we getting any Simpsons sets (minifigures and house do not count)?

So far as we know only the minifigs and house are all we are getting until further notice....though there has been rumours of other sets, but it might depend on how the theme does.

I do know one retailer is only getting 25 of them and half of them is pre-sold.....so hope is it might grow into a new yearly theme......well, one can wish for his son eh ? :blush:

Yep set of all 16 selling for $200. Better get out there and start hunting.

I heard Just2Good bought the Homer one already :( I went to my stores today and found none out yet. Not Walmart stores though, just Five Below and Toys R Us, just in case.

I heard Just2Good bought the Homer one already :(

Heh.

I'm planning to go to Walmart tomorrow to look for these. I know a few in my area. I never shop there though. I'll report back tomorrow. :tongue:

-Sci

The Walmarts in my area (three) don't carry the CMFs, but Target and TRU do. Target has no mark-up, but their restock for CMFs can be spotty at best. Most recently my Target did away with even the CMF display stand, and hung them peg board style. I'll try to find out if they have the Simpsons CMF yet. Not likely though.

I have not seen any in my stores. Personally I can wait for their release and to collect them all. Even if it means endless hours feeling packages to avoid duplicates. Been saving up for some time.

I have not seen any in my stores. Personally I can wait for their release and to collect them all. Even if it means endless hours feeling packages to avoid duplicates. Been saving up for some time.

Well the 550th episode brick like me ( where Springfield is made out of LEGO) airs May 4th, so I'm expecting them to come out in the next week or two.

Personally every single figure looks incredible, hopefully these sell well to show LEGO we want more.

Well the 550th episode brick like me ( where Springfield is made out of LEGO) airs May 4th, so I'm expecting them to come out in the next week or two.

Personally every single figure looks incredible, hopefully these sell well to show LEGO we want more.

I didn't expect them that soon. :grin:

Good point. When that episode is out, people will want their hands on the figures.

The official release is May 1st, around the time of the episode. I mentioned previously that I thought this was the release and WhiteFang did in his review as well :wink: Keep in mind that some stores are likely to release them early though, so I imagine TRU and maybe Target to have them in 2-3 weeks. Probably 2 at the earliest.

Although every figure is awesome, I do feel like Itchy and Scratchy are unneeded. We could have had Skinner or Comic Book guy instead of each one.

Although every figure is awesome, I do feel like Itchy and Scratchy are unneeded. We could have had Skinner or Comic Book guy instead of each one.

I like all of these as well, but do agree with the sentiment that Itchy and Scratchy were unnecessary. Their inclusion is understandable, but there are many characters I would have preferred: Skinner, Comic Book Guy, Otto and numerous other characters as well. Oh well, hopefully we get at least one more series to get more of these characters in the future.

I guess I'm in the minority that love Itchy and Scratchy. They're wonderful additions in my book for figures you'd NEVER think you'd get, you get them both in one shot. There's still hope that the line sells like gangbusters to be released yearly.

^^ I agree, Itchy & Scratchy make me really happy although I can understand why people would want a "real" character more central to storylines.

I see no reason why we wouldn't get a Simpsons CMF #2 if this one sells well though. Plenty of characters left!

Does anybody know when they're available in the Netherlands?

And btw i love Itchy & Scratchy. Those two were the only ones i wanted in the beginning (read: when i hadnt seen the figs at all)

Edited by Borex

I think it would have been a lot better to get Moe and Comic Book Guy instead of Itchy and Scratchy. It just won't look right having cartoon characters from a cartoon.

I think it would have been a lot better to get Moe and Comic Book Guy instead of Itchy and Scratchy. It just won't look right having cartoon characters from a cartoon.

Ah, but remember how many MOC's can be made of Itchy and Scratchy trying to get rid of one another eh ? :laugh:

Lego has guns, swords, TNT, plus an aray of technic parts to build stuff to get either of them right ? :laugh:

Now correct me if I'm wrong but back when the press release came out for this new License it claim more sets might come out if the theme was well received ? :look:

Ah, but remember how many MOC's can be made of Itchy and Scratchy trying to get rid of one another eh ? :laugh:

Lego has guns, swords, TNT, plus an aray of technic parts to build stuff to get either of them right ? :laugh:

Now correct me if I'm wrong but back when the press release came out for this new License it claim more sets might come out if the theme was well received ? :look:

I suppose your right. To be honest I'll probably make a MOC myself. :laugh:

Regarding future sets, I think I recall reading an interview speaking about realising new sets if the CMF and house sell well. They did say a Moe's tavern was unlikely though. :sceptic:

Edited by Legoman123

I think it goes without saying that a Moe's tavern set is highly unlikely, if not guaranteed to never happen. This in itself poses a problem if the theme continues, as there aren't exactly very many memorable places in The Simpsons which could be made into sets featuring the likes of Lenny, Carl, Barney and Moe. These characters are all quite famous from the show, so it would be disappointing not to get them. Based on this, I would be not at all surprised if we get another wave of CMFs for this theme. I also wouldn't at all be surprised if that was all else we got for this license; while it may sell well, the theme has received relatively high amounts of negative responses from parents and others, including quite a fair amount of users who have commented in this thread or others where this theme was discussed.

I think it goes without saying that a Moe's tavern set is highly unlikely, if not guaranteed to never happen. This in itself poses a problem if the theme continues, as there aren't exactly very many memorable places in The Simpsons which could be made into sets featuring the likes of Lenny, Carl, Barney and Moe.

Well in one episode Moe's tavern is turned into a family restaurant. The structure itself didn't change much, but it was decorated differently. So that could always be an alternative way to get the building itself. I'll agree and say it isn't likely, but there are at least ways Lego could make it work.

Well in one episode Moe's tavern is turned into a family restaurant. The structure itself didn't change much, but it was decorated differently. So that could always be an alternative way to get the building itself. I'll agree and say it isn't likely, but there are at least ways Lego could make it work.

I forgot about that episode. In that case, LEGO could make it work in some way, and I'm sure they would try to. I do hope we can get Moe in some way through this line, and if that means getting his tavern as a restaurant, then so be it.