Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I'm really happy with this announcement. There are endless set opportunities and with some clever designs LEGO can get around the more adult themes of the show.

A few weeks ago I read a rumour that the second collectible Minifig series next year will be entirely Simpsons related. Would be great (and opens the way for more licensed Minifig Series).

I am not sure I agree with "as many fans as Star Wars" I know quite a few fans of Star Wars that are not fans of the Simpsons but I can't think of any of the opposite offhand. Though this might be a factor in the circles I run in.

Then maybe they could make a Comic Book Guy minifig. That'd keep everyone happy.

I think all the crazy eyes would look really ugly on a minifig head, but I don't want Toy Story style special molds either.

I still don't understand this 'drinking rule' by Lego, they included things like that in other themes, e.g. potc... that had alcohol in it and no one (to my knowledge) was complaining about that. If I have missed something then could someone please explain it to me ?

I may have missed it, but people are talking about a new donut piece...They already have one with the LOTR ring. They just need to recolor it. I don't see why they would print a 1x1 tile when they already have a mold .

Also licensed sets aren't "fleshie." They represent the color of skin of the source material. In this case it just happens to be yellow similar to their traditional lines. Nothing further needs to be discussed about that. If they weren't made yellow, then they wouldn't be the Simpson's. This is one reason why I'd love to see more people of color in New movies. We could use some more realistic variety in our minifigures.

And as far as alcohol goes, I think LEGO considers pirate/medieval alcohol to be different than modern day alcohol. Same goes for violence/weapons. Modern police don't get guns, but the lone ranger does. Same idea.

I think all the crazy eyes would look really ugly on a minifig head, but I don't want Toy Story style special molds either.

Unfortunately i don't think we'll see standard minifig heads in this line - I mean can you imagine Apu with a round head?!

Although i think custom moulds could work on regular minifig bodies for bart and lisa with fairly oversized heads, but everyone else is going to be a blend of friends/toystory/hagrid.

I assume they will got he toystory route aswell. It will give the best result. Is interesting lego is making sets MOSTLY aimed at older audience, same thing goes for the Delorean.

MONORAAAAAAIL! MONORAAAAAIL! MONORAIL!

MONORAILI! MONORAIL! MONORAAAAIIIIIL!

Mono-Doh!

I imagine the sets will be priced at £20-40 and there will only be 4 of them since the article says there will be "a small wave".

Very interesting news! I'm definitely looking forward how they will execute the characters. At least they got the skin-color right by default. :tongue:

And as far as alcohol goes, I think LEGO considers pirate/medieval alcohol to be different than modern day alcohol. Same goes for violence/weapons. Modern police don't get guns, but the lone ranger does. Same idea.

Have you noticed that PotC and Lone Ranger are aimed at a slightly higher target age than City? :wink:

So it doesn't have anything to do with the "era" of the theme, it's all about which age demographic the theme is geared towards. 12 year olds usually understand guns and alcohol better than 6 year olds, after all.

I don't understand why people are saying this is a theme primarily aimed at adults. AFOL's may have watched this when they where younger, so it will attract them, but almost every child I know still watches the Simpsons, so I'd say this is just as much for kids as it is for adults.

I don't understand why people are saying this is a theme primarily aimed at adults. AFOL's may have watched this when they where younger, so it will attract them, but almost every child I know still watches the Simpsons, so I'd say this is just as much for kids as it is for adults.

odd. I don't know a single child that watches the Simpsons. Certainly they don't play Simpsons when they are out running around. They play Avengers, Spiderman, Grumpy Sparrows and even Spongepants guy. But not Simpsons.

Edited by Sarah

I'm quite excited about this, and anxious to see the minifig system they go with. My only beef with the Toy Story style is that the heads seem oversized, IMO.

Time for a Modular Building style Springfield!

And I'll agree with others - Simpsons is definitely more targeted towards adults, the vast majority of the humor is stuff that only adults would really get or appreciate. Regardless though, I say bring em on!

I have an idea....why not a building contest right here on EB - building Springfield.......all the buildings....cars and the power plant too....in either micro or minifig scale ? :grin:

I have an idea....why not a building contest right here on EB - building Springfield.......all the buildings....cars and the power plant too....in either micro or minifig scale ? :grin:

Ummm sounds AWESOME! We should have this when the theme comes out so we can get prize support. :sweet:

Sandy - But most of those sets are ages 6-12 or 7-14 with the rare 8/9-14. Most are 7-14. If you are only basing it off of the latter part of the range, that's different, but it is still aimed at 6 and 7 year olds. Plus, I don't know anyone that didn't play "cowboys" or "army" when they were kids, so I'm sure plenty of children understand weaponry and that it is dangerous. Not everyone uses the best judgment while playing however.

I think that is a great idea to build Springfield. It would be good to have prize support, but at the same time it might be better to build the buildings without the figures so it doesn't give any unfair advantage to some builders.

Well we have some really similar components/accessories & minifigures already related to the simpsons characters in the CMF's line such as:

Already available pieces. Simpsons

Bumblebee woman- Bumblebee man

Sea captain- Sea captain

Police man- Chief wiggums hat etc

Daredevil- Lance Murdock daredevil

Jazz musician- Lisa's saxophone

Boxing gloves- Boxer

Judge- Judge hammer

Mobster/mechanic hair- Fat tony components

Old man- Generic headpiece maybe used for some minifigures, eg mr burns

Darth maul headpiece- Barts headpiece

Fat piece like bomburs- Figures such as comic book guy

Grandma hair- Maudes hair

Scottish bagpipe- Groundskeeper willie

Disco dude- Disco stu

Cave woman's hair- Sideshow mels hair

Hazmat guy- Nuclear plant suit

Chefs hat- Luigi

There are still plenty more to name and compare but some of these have a great resembelence to some Simpsons characters and others are a little bit weaker. :classic:

Edited by Kez

Because they are calling this a special theme, does that mean it will be limited in the number of its sets? Or is that just another word for licensed?

This theme will be awesome! I've never watched the Simpsons, but we should get some great parts! However, I really hope Bart does not have the Darth Maul hairpiece, It just would look wrong.

I need to make a Simpsons Weird Al now!

No one in The Simpsons wears a judges wig.

On topic: I'd be up for a build Springfield Contest!

Oops sorry, I was pretty tired last night, I guess I wasnt thinking :laugh: , there is only the two judges to my knowledge, judge harm and judge Snyder and no wig, although they could use the judges hammer :classic:

And yes that competition sound like a gat idea and I too would be up for it aswell

We'll have to wait and see what fun we can have after we know more about the theme. I'd love to run a contest for it but until we know when the theme is going to be released and what exactly we're getting, it's sort of hard to plan for it yet.

why would they make this anouncement, and not at least give us a picture of minifigures? drives me nuts!