Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

From the same user who posted the Flash minifig earlier. Do you guys think these are legit?

{pic}

Yep, saw it earlier. I think it's like 90% legit (just throwing in a random percent there).

Yep, saw it earlier. I think it's like 90% legit (just throwing in a random percent there).

So that's how they're going to do it. Very intriguing indeed.

That's very interesting. The heads seem huge though.

True. I hope they just scaled down just a little bit. But, I'm pretty satisfied with the current look. So glad we're getting Ned! :classic:

They don't look too bad. I'm curious as to whether or not the hair can be interchanged on the head. It looks like it may be able to, which would be great.

I'm curious as to whether or not the hair can be interchanged on the head. It looks like it may be able to, which would be great.

I can tell just from the picture that it can't be. :tongue:

Think of the Toy Story figures, like Woody...

OkavMpfl.jpg

But, like I always say- only time will tell. :grin:

I can tell just from the picture that it can't be. :tongue:

Think of the Toy Story figures, like Woody...

But, like I always say- only time will tell. :grin:

Yeah, those heads were acceptable but these...

-Sci

-Sci

I don't see what's wrong with them. Can you give more detail on what you don't like?

-Sci

How did you expect LEGO to actually do these? This seems like the perfect way to keep them accurate to the TV show and to keep the costs down. If they did it as minifigure heads, it wouldn't look right as the noses really can't be done (among other things). Even if they did have regular minifigure heads, I'm sure the style wouldn't fit with the other minifigures (think of the Clone Wars figures), so it's not like the heads could be used in any City setting or what not. I'm sure the heads will be the only non-traditional minifigure-like thing in this line.

Also, I actually don't really want a "fat" torso for Homer. I think it would look odd with him. Belly printing would be just fine. :classic:

Edited by just2good

I don't see what's wrong with them. Can you give more detail on what you don't like?

The tall heads don't look normal on the shorter minifigure bodies. I don't like the fact that they're big. Normal minifig head would look fine, as these look great:

Simpsons-Legos.jpg

Add a Grandpa-style head to the Homer above and he'd look great.

-Sci

*Youtube video removed*

I don't know what I expected, but goodness gracious...

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Please don't post youtube videos unless they contain content pertinent to the discussion

Initial excitement gone...I'm hoping these aren't official, but if they are i guess I can save some money for other sets. If probably still want the house, but the figure pack will be skipped.

The tall heads don't look normal on the shorter minifigure bodies. I don't like the fact that they're big. Normal minifig head would look fine, as these look great:

Simpsons-Legos.jpg

-Sci

These look good. I'm hoping the heads in the picture aren't going to be the official heads. If they made the figures taller like in toy story sets, it might look better. But they just look awkward being that big. :sceptic:

Yeah, those heads are way too huge. I actually expected regular heads with new molds for the hair. Very very disappointed if those pictures are what we will see next year...

While they're not amazing, I can see why they went for unique heads. Bart and Lisa would have looked pretty horrible with the standard head design. I'm sure they'll look much, much better once we see their correct bodies.

Simpsons-Legos.jpg

-Sci

I no longer care about the theme or the minifigures now that LEGO went the Toy Storey way.

I was really looking forward to what you posted, and all the awesome hair pieces we would have gotten,

If we are going huge ugly cheap toy looking heads why not make Homer fat too.

I don't have a problem with using moulds, they're just way too big. They should be the same general size as minifig heads but shaped differently.

I don't know what I expected, but goodness gracious...

I didn't really know what to expect either, but these - like the Toy Story figures - just don't look like LEGO to me. :sceptic: Maybe it's the combination of the heads and the torsos though and they'll look better once we see the complete figures.

Going to reserve judgement until we see the real torsos, because those were obviously pulled from random other minifigs. The heads still look quite disproportionate to the bodies, but hopefully that will be offset with the proper torso.

Why don't Homer and Ned have there usual shirts and trousers on?

It's a common thing for factory leaked minifigures to be sold with different torsos, as the seller usually gets the mould first.