Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

They look like figures from Kinder Surprise Eggs, especially because of the way their hair looks.

Not even really sure it will sell all that well since The Simpsons are on a steady decline while the next movie is still not on its way out yet. Oh well, collector's stuff ahoy. Blah.

Are you being serious? These have been a huge hit here (UK). I had my full set displayed in work and everyone wanted to get some. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this ended up being the biggest seller of any Lego minifigure series so far.

They're the best selling items in the Liverpool Lego Store. Nothing Kinder about them.

They're the best selling items in the Liverpool Lego Store. Nothing Kinder about them.

I didn't even think to go to the Lego Store. I bought mine from the WH Smith in Liverpool One. Spend £15 on toys and get £5 off. Buying seven at a time meant they worked out at £1.78 each.

And, in the US, Thankfully they already are going through the roofs! At least online. In retail stores, the minifigures are selling okay. But they've been a best seller on TRU.com and S@H, LEGO Stores, and have sold out for S@H once! They've been the best seller since the release.

The House set is doing great too. It has out done all the other D2C sets (sans the first week of the Sea Cow and May the 4th Sandcrawler) on S@H, and has been doing great on other online retailers. http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Top-Sellers;jsessionid=NTgjNAiwDlnG2nhuIdxlyQ**.lego-ps-4-3

The tricky part is that with more sets, we may not be able to get new moulds, if they choose to go the D2C route like the House. Unless there's a new CMF series. We'll have to wait and see.

They look like figures from Kinder Surprise Eggs, especially because of the way their hair looks.

Not even really sure it will sell all that well since The Simpsons are on a steady decline while the next movie is still not on its way out yet. Oh well, collector's stuff ahoy. Blah.

Wow, as said above, you could not be more wrong

Worst. Post. Ever.

I just realized something. As somebody on youtube mentioned, all of the minifigures are up to date. That might mean we won't get Edna Krabapple, since they killed her off.

I didn't even think to go to the Lego Store. I bought mine from the WH Smith in Liverpool One. Spend £15 on toys and get £5 off. Buying seven at a time meant they worked out at £1.78 each.

Toys R Us, Worlds Apart and Forbidden Planet (I think) have them too. I had a good feeling session with a member of staff in the Liverpool Lego Store in order to secure Itchy and Scratchy.

My local Sainsbury's restocked after selling out two whole boxes in about a week. Went back on Monday to find that they had put another box out.

Finally managed to bag Apu after feeling through nearly the entire box. My set is now complete! No duplicates too!

I suppose before another licensed series happens, there will be at least 2 normal series of minifigs. It could be just a one-timer, too. Let's not hope that (if we get sets, I don't need the series I guess)!

What do you guys think of the chances of a second wave, what with the figs selling so well just 3 weeks in?

I will be gutted if we don't get more of these. There are so many great characters not yet made. The potential for this series is enormous. I want a Smithers for my Burns, dammit! And a Mr Plow set.

Jeez I don't feel that bad anymore, my first blind run at this minifigures scored me like 5 apu's then I gave them away to a friend at his bricklink store. ohh the madness.

What do you guys think of the chances of a second wave, what with the figs selling so well just 3 weeks in?

Rather slim in the short term I would think. They plan the CMF's and similar impulse type stuff a long time in advance. So much so that it seems to be dificult for them to react when the small stuff sells faster than expected. By the time the sales results of the Simpsons CMF's are being seen they are probably 2-3 waves ahead in CMF planning and development. And once they get that far ahead it is unlikely they will go back and revisit a license like this, unless they had planned for subsequent releases initially.

You would have to believe that a savvy company like TLG would have incorporated the possibility of this series being a runaway success into their planning.

I'd honestly be shocked if they didn't. You're taking two of the greatest things in the world and bringing them together.

I would bet money they have designs already hammered out for the next wave of Simpsons minifigs.

I thought the press release (or an interview) said they planned on this CMF and House set first and possibly more in the future. Now, the possibly more can always change. There might have been a threshold they were planning on hitting for profitibility and that could trigger a future release, but I agree they would already need some plans in the works and there isn't much reason to have prototypes of figures/designs if you end up not releasing the product. Just seems like wasted time/money.

I'd think TLG wants ALL of their themes to be runaway hits, as any business would. But I don't know if they particularly expected Simpsons to be as popular as it has been. And their numbers may be very different than what we are seeing in stores.

Picked up my first 10 packs today!

2 Maggies

1 Marge

1 Bart

1 Mr. Burns

1 Itchy

1 Scratchy

1 Ralph

1 Nelson

1 Milhouse

These are awesome figs! Ralph is the best so far.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

In the Fun stores Belgium there is a real overload, every store has 10 boxes i think. It was prety easy to get all of them.

That said, i really like the figures, but Homer is my least favorite sculpt. His head goes slightly bigger upwars which gives him a little nerdy look instead of the fat look he should have.

It's going to be a long time before they announce the second batch of these figures... bummer, I can't wait soon enough for these.

These figures are great! I've picked up the whole set. They have reignited my interest in Lego.