Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Well both sets have opportunities to introduce new characters:

Moe's tavern: Moe, Barney, Lenny, Carl & new Homer variant

Kwik-E-Markt: Apu, Snake, Bart, that old man in the freezer

I wouldn't mind a series for the simpsons like the city creator theme.

Edited by Cammo

Well, I'm almost there. Hehe. I'm beginning to wonder if the proportions for the individual minifigures are different from location to location, or between those sold at Lego Stores and those sold in normal retail stores. I had PT again today, so I stopped by Target after that. They don't have the characters in a box. The case for them is a grid typed thing with the baggies stacked up inside the individual grids. I've been picking up bags there since they first became available, and as time has gone on the number left has dwindled and dwindled. I also know that most of the baggies have been felt through as the foil is pretty beat up and they bags aren't mostly flat like the new ones. I also know that they haven't replenished their stock since the number printed/stamped into the back of the bags has been exactly the same for all of my go throughs.

Anyway, I really went hard at the bags today and finally got my Chief Wiggum minifig. I was able to recognize him as I forcefully crinkled up the baggy so that it would be easier to feel, then I found his head and knew that he was the only character with a completely flat top to the head. That, and the pointed corners of the hat gave it away. Also noticed 6 or 7 Marge minifigs still left there, likely because she is the easiest one to pick out. I thought I had gotten myself the Itchy I so desparately need/want, but it turned out to be another Lisa. Her saxophone was lodged into her head, and so when trying to feel for the club in the bag while trying to avoid the paper and other parts, it just kind of felt like what I figured the club would feel like. This Lisa is the third one I've gotten. Also got myself another Milhouse since his 2x2 was wedged heavily inside the paper so it couldn't be felt for. That gives me 4 Milhouses. In addition, I have yet another Ned Flanders bringing my total up to 5 from that same box. Feeling through all of the dozen or so bags that are left, half of them are Marge figures, there were another two Homers (easily recognizeable by the doughnut and remote control pieces), a couple Abe Simpsons (his head gives that away coupled with the 2x2 piece), one Scratchy (tail piece gives it away), and a Ralph figure I could easily pick out.

I'm beginning to think, and this would actually make sense, that the boxes distributed to major retail store chains don't have the same distribution as those that would be present at dedicated Lego Stores. This is because I was busy feeling around for bags again with another couple there who said they are complete except for Itchy as well. I think the Itchy and Scratchy figures are short produced, at least in this Target box. At this point, I'll probably either quit trying to go the retail route and buy one that's already opened on E-Bay, or just make 100% sure that the one bag I'm mangling to try and feel for Itchy's head is indeed Itchy before buying it. Lol. I'm only about 8 characters short of a second complete set. Haha. If my manhandling of the bag ends up opening it, I'll just wind up having to purchase it anyway.

As far as I am aware, all boxes have the same distribution. Take a look at White Fang's review. He's usually pretty thorough. I don't see why LEGO would alter the distribution rate per box based on the retail outlet they are sold at. That seems like it would be too much extra work. Plus it wouldn't guarantee the number of complete sets a box should have, therefore would upset a great number of people that buy the box sealed.

With that said, it is entirely possible someone is feeling the bags and thinking they are something else and the numbers end up skewed. OR another entirely possibly/logical explanation would be someone buying figures and then returning them later. You can buy from one Target and then return to another Target (I do that all the time), so they would put it back with their stock, which could change their distribution numbers. You could do the same (buy from Wal-Mart and return to Target) but that seems silly since you would only get store credit instead of money back.

Either way, the figures were incredibly easy to feel for. I didn't think the paper/plate got in the way anymore than they normally do. Just shake the bag while holding those pieces to allow the rest of the pieces to go to the corner. Then you have free reign.

And I'm not trying to be rude, but I am unsure how you could mistake Lisa for Itchy. Their heads are completely different. Two giant ears compared to spikes...

I was in my local Target today, and the first bag I picked up was my number one want, Apu. It took all of three seconds to recognize the "Squishie" part. Target has the cardboard stand rather than the box, which are probably filled from multiple boxes. The display looked to have been picked over, with some laying on the shelf next to it, and the woman at the register confirmed that someone had been going through them.

Picked up three bags (Milhouse, Nelson, and Homer) from Wal Mart for the regular $3.50 each, the full boxes were also $209 each.

Although I like the series some of the characters were lacking in accessories. I felt like Bart could have come with a molded slingshot. Krusty could have also come with a horn or a bottle of seltzer.

so i finally got a chance to pick up some Simpsons blind bags yesterday. while trying to get some errands done before mothers day activities started, i had a little time to rush in and grab some. because i didn't have time to feel the bags, i just grabbed 9 random bags, paid, and left.

i was able to pull all 6 Simpsons family members, chief wiggum, krusty, and an extra Bart that i don't mind at all. This was probably my best random bag pulls out of every series released so far. 8 out of 9 were new and got the main family.

20140512174841.jpg

I'm actually happy with the way the blind bag figures look compared to the ugly house versions, though i wish there was a regular Maggie in the series figures instead of a sad one. In my opinion Maggie is also the most screen accurate since she was molded with a pacifier instead of a mouth. Everyone knows when other company's have made the Simpsons into figures, they've sometimes came out looking funny. Overall I'm happy with this series so far and cant wait to get my hands on the rest of them.

So it's a Kwik-E-Mart that's the next most likely rumoured set to be coming next year? I'm hoping it will come with either Snake or Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney. I'd love to see them as minifigures, and maybe even an El Barto Bart variant.

It is odd how some of the figures had two accessories and others only had one. I didn't expect more, but found it an interesting observation.

I liked the slingshot print on Bart. A molded one would be great, but they printed one on a 1x2 tile for Lone Ranger and I think printed one on Ori for the Hobbit too...Sounds like LEGO needs a slingshot mold haha

Gotte be honnest, these figures are above my expectations. I know I don't have mush good things to say about the new sets and upcomming lines. As a Simpson fan and Lego fan I was against combining the two. I saw no point in it and I thought it wouldn't do eitehr one good. But I have to say I was wrong. The minifigures look very good, almost perfect (almost, since I notices some hips don't fit that good). Anyway, also a cool move that we don't need to buy expensive sets to get all the main charecters.

Good job Lego!

So it's a Kwik-E-Mart that's the next most likely rumoured set to be coming next year? I'm hoping it will come with either Snake or Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney. I'd love to see them as minifigures, and maybe even an El Barto Bart variant.

Moe's Tavern is rumoured to be released as well.

I was in my local Target today, and the first bag I picked up was my number one want, Apu. It took all of three seconds to recognize the "Squishie" part. Target has the cardboard stand rather than the box, which are probably filled from multiple boxes. The display looked to have been picked over, with some laying on the shelf next to it, and the woman at the register confirmed that someone had been going through them.

Ahhhhh. That might explain why at my local Target there were a ton of Marge's and Neds, but very few of some others. I'm one short of a full set, but when checking my local Target they just have one bag left (Nelson) and it doesn't look like they'll be stocking anymore. They've been down to just a handful of bags for a while now and haven't re-filled them. I then checked two local Wal-Marts and none of them carried the minifigs, only sets. (I looked all over in every area in Wal-Mart and didn't see them). So I'll just have to peruse e-bay to try and find the Itchy figure I need. Though the price will likely be higher than the in-store cost, at least I'll save on gas and wrongly felt bags. (Wow, that didn't sound to good the way it came out. lol).

Okay, I have gotten 3 of the new simpson minifigure. I have gotten Bart, Grampa and Ralph. I just have to say that I think there head are the worst thing I have ever seen and I wish they used the heads that they have used in the Lego Simpson episode. But the good side is that I like what they did with bart of some of the others arms.

So far, I've managed to pick up 15/16 of the Simpsons set, with no duplicates. The distinctive heads combined with the fairly unique accessories, make them easy to feel for.

Just need Apu to complete my collection!

Phew, I managed to sort through 6 boxes at Walmart and I found Mr. Burns, he is a hard one to find. Now I just need one more of him to get his torso.

Edited by TDKR2012

So far, I've managed to pick up 15/16 of the Simpsons set, with no duplicates. The distinctive heads combined with the fairly unique accessories, make them easy to feel for.

Just need Apu to complete my collection!

Apu was the last one I needed too. Definitely seems like he's shortpacked in this series.

In the end I found him from his squishie cup, I was expecting it to have obviously sloping sides, but it actually just feels like a regular 1x1 cylinder.

I think the heads are very well done on these.

I think the regular lego heads with print would have looked poor in comparison.

so i finally got a chance to pick up some Simpsons blind bags yesterday.

They look like figures from Kinder Surprise Eggs, especially because of the way their hair looks.

Not even really sure it will sell all that well since The Simpsons are on a steady decline while the next movie is still not on its way out yet. Oh well, collector's stuff ahoy. Blah.

They look like figures from Kinder Surprise Eggs, especially because of the way their hair looks.

Not even really sure it will sell all that well since The Simpsons are on a steady decline while the next movie is still not on its way out yet. Oh well, collector's stuff ahoy. Blah.

Well they seem to have sold out several times in England. My nearest store has had to restock twice, this time they have 8 boxes on the shelves. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia, why else would LEGO make Back to the Future and Ghostbusters? Sure CUUSSO gave TLG the idea but it was all the adults who grew up with those films and The Simpsons who ultimately hold such properties close to their hearts that buy the sets. Just look at the accessories that come with the figures, Choo Choo choose you card, Biclops comic, Blinky, old man yells at cloud these are all references to season 12 and under. While the most recent seasons don't spark large amounts of interest, reruns of old seasons are still extremely popular. The Simpsons are basically like old Rockbands, no one wants the new album the Rolling Stones are putting out, but the Greatest hits will always sell.