Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Nope, only Itchy, Scratchy and Monty have rubber heads, the rest are plastic (not really sure of Apu, but I guess so). Krusty is full awesome plastic :D

Apu is hard plastic, too. :sweet:

Edited by just2good

Found these on /co/. Haven't seen them before.

KuH0I5fl.jpg

31R1yYal.jpg

J6CesDLl.jpg

ytjSMWsl.jpg

The final version of the House set is really close to what's in the episode! Of course, the episode one has the top floor, and some better windows. Full sized images here.

EDIT: More here.

Edited by just2good

Just come back from my nearest Argos (northampton) and I'm happy to report they have them in stock. I picked up 10 of them and have half of line so far. Unfortunately they weren't on the shelves and were in the stock room so I couldn't have a good feel to see which figures I was getting.

However so far I have

Nelson x2

Mr Burns

Krusty

Ned Flanders x2

Scratchy

Itchy

Ralph

and Grampa.

Wishlist:

$40 Android's Dungeon - Comic Book Guy, Milhouse, Bart http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/60460 (This is mine and george.adams' :P)

$60 Krusty Burger - Krusty, Homer, Squeaky Voice Teen, Mr. Teeny

$120 Springfield Elementary - Skinner, Krabappel, Jimbo, Dolph, Kearny, Groundskeeper Willie

$30 School Buss - Otto, Ralph, Sherri and Terri

$20 Police Car - Clancy Wiggum, Lou, Snake

The Entertainer in the Bullring, Birmingham, England, has at least 3 boxes on display by the counter. Priced at £2.98 or something like that, the boxes where pretty full at 11.00-11.30.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Had a look at my nearest Argos today for them and they had none in stock and none of the other 12 nearest to me had them either! I was told they wouldn't get them until the 21st! I can only assume he meant of May because it's the 24th today.

Also had a peak on Toys R Us but nothing there either :thumbdown:

The Lego Simpsons episode doesn't feature the Lego Simpsons figures? Big round of applause for the marketing guys - idiots!

They probably decided not to use those because they look too much like the real Simpsons...

The figures in the episode are possibly too ugly to have sold, but are funnier in-episode because they are much more LEGO-y. I've read that part of the plot concerns Homer realizing that it's not quite right that they're living in a LEGO world, and the totally LEGO-fied figures help sell that. This is one case where the episode isn't just a glorified commercial for toys - the physical Simpsons MFs are tie-ins to the show at large, not this episode.

Wishlist:

$40 Android's Dungeon - Comic Book Guy, Milhouse, Bart http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/60460 (This is mine and george.adams' :P)

$120 Springfield Elementary - Skinner, Krabappel, Jimbo, Dolph, Kearny, Groundskeeper Willie

I hope we see all of these sets and Moe's Tavern. :classic:

Wow the House and car look way better than the ones Lego are selling. I hope they release instructions to build this version of the house and car.

Found the figs at a Target in Cincinnati(Fields Ertel Rd if anyone nearby is looking for them) today, haven't had any luck with any other stores in town(TRU or walmart)

Do you guys know what color skin Apu is? It looks like it might be tontos color, i don't have the minifigure series, and i really want to know. Thanks

The Lego Simpsons episode doesn't feature the Lego Simpsons figures? Big round of applause for the marketing guys - idiots!

Well this episode is actually 2 years in the making (according to the tv guide I bought for $4 USD), so obviously back then they didn't have the head molds that they have now. Plus it would be so much easier for the animators to use normal LEGO heads, because they would just have to change the expression decal instead of making the whole head/mouth move.

I hope we see all of these sets and Moe's Tavern. :classic:

We won't be seeing Moe's, like ever. LEGO just can't make those kind of sets. I mean, if they take flak from harmless things (the islamic people were yelling at LEGO for the similarity of their Jabba's Palace set to an Islamic Mosque), what kind of response do you think they would get for a set promoting achoholism? There's a reason we haven't gotten Wuher from Star Wars.

Wishlist:

$40 Android's Dungeon - Comic Book Guy, Milhouse, Bart http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/60460 (This is mine and george.adams' :P)

Mine:

School bus: Otto, Martin, Bart.

Comes with: Bus.

KrustyBurger: Krusty (With different head), Squeaky voiced teen, Plopper (See the Simpsons movie.), Lou and Eddy.

Comes with: Cop Car, drive thru speaker, Rubbish Bin, Dumpster, Krustyburger.

Androids Dungeon: Comic book guy, Bartman, Radioactive man, Fruit-bat-man, Houseboy.

Comes with: The Store, x8 comics: (Radioactive man x2, Bartman x2, Fruitbatman x1, Rm vs Captain squid( See Issue two of the Bartman comics.), x2 Legion of justice.), and a Microfigure of each of the 4 Heros included (To serve as action figures.)

Treehouse of horror set: Prof Frink, Kang and Kodos, Dr nick, homer blob.

Comes with: The treehouse, Frink's lab, the alien Spaceship.

Power plant: Mr burns, Smithers, Lenny and Carl.

Comes with: Control panel, Mr burns' office, the reactor towers.

Moes Tavern: (Now serving buzz cola and root beer.) Moe, Barney, Homer.

Comes with: Tavern, x2 kegs of "root beer".

Springfield elementary: Skinner, Wille, Ms Krabapel, Chalmers, Ms Hoover, Lisa, Sherri/Terri, Music teacher.

Comes with: x2 Classes, Skinners office, Chalmers car, Willies hut, music class, Playground.

Well this episode is actually 2 years in the making (according to the tv guide I bought for $4 USD), so obviously back then they didn't have the head molds that they have now. Plus it would be so much easier for the animators to use normal LEGO heads, because they would just have to change the expression decal instead of making the whole head/mouth move.

We won't be seeing Moe's, like ever. LEGO just can't make those kind of sets. I mean, if they take flak from harmless things (the islamic people were yelling at LEGO for the similarity of their Jabba's Palace set to an Islamic Mosque), what kind of response do you think they would get for a set promoting achoholism? There's a reason we haven't gotten Wuher from Star Wars.

Take my idea: Root beer and Buzz cola, Don't include Duffman, and don't include any of the main characters except homer.

Not perfect, but useable.

Maybe one can of duff, right at the back...

Do you guys know what color skin Apu is? It looks like it might be tontos color, i don't have the minifigure series, and i really want to know. Thanks

Hi. Apu's head is the same colour as the Series 11 Gingerbread Man, or the hat of Wiley Fusebot in movie series

We got a Tavern in the POTC line.

Do we really need this tavern discussion AGAIN? This thread is just going to keep going in circles if it's the exact same discussion over and over. It's been done to death.

We got a Tavern in the POTC line.

To reiterate, that is not comparable to Moe's. Moe's Tavern is a modern establishment, containing realistic depictions of alcoholism and much more. It is something that exists in the here and now and imitates life. Pirates taverns, space cantina's and the like are unrealistic. When you make a kids toy part of what they consider is how it might effect a kid, how it might change their perception or how they might imitate it. The more fake and fantastical the setting the more they can get away with. Unfortunately the Simpsons doesn't take place in some fantastical realm or some other time period, it's the here and now and full of things that imitate life, so Lego has to tread carefully with what they adapt into Lego form.

Now that doesn't rule out getting some other variation of the building itself. In addition to being a bar it's also been a family restaurant, so I suppose that door is always open should the demand ever be that high. But getting Moe's Tavern as it is won't be possible.

Do we really need this tavern discussion AGAIN? This thread is just going to keep going in circles if it's the exact same discussion over and over. It's been done to death.

Agreed it's clear we all have different opinions from the past 4 times this argument has happened.

Anyway, I'm still to find a Shop near me that I can feel the bags in, as Argos is the closest to me that has them. I might have to ask the shop assistant if they would bring them out for me. Overall the quality of this CMF series is much better than the previous ones, the plastic doesn't feel as cheap. I'm also not surprised about LEGO refusing old moulds for accessories, especial given every figure has a unique head mould or two ( Flanders hair looks to be separate), and the new leg moulds.