Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Doesn't anybody suspect this is not the real set? And that these images are fake? What is your source Carlos?

The whole set doesn't look like it holds up to the quality of Lego, especially the minifigures.

Well, I'll have to admit that I don't like the minifigures eyes, they look stunned or something like that, but as I said, my seller seems to get the sets a lot of time earlier, and not once has shown fake pictures

As of today he has the microfighters, Utapu and Kashyyyk tropers sets of Star Wars and the Spiderman Helicopter

Only problem is that he sells them very fast, and he doesn't get that many stock

Just been told in the Cardiff brand store that it will cost £180 in the UK.

Did they say a release date?

Actually OH MY... WTF this is more ugly then i first thoughtt :ugh:

If something positive, that house is packing alot of interior detail that looks like it should

I am blown away. This house is incredibly detailed *huh* *huh* It's so complete and... ah!! I LOVE IT!

Hopefully they have it in stock near the end of 2014.

Did they say a release date?

I have been told release date is the 17. of January! At least for VIPs. :wink:

What?! You sure that was for this set? If that's true, awesome! :shock: :sweet:

And......

ybvd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Detailed garage, fitting couch, beds in most of the rooms, and my personal favorite, accessible doors! Usually Lego houses only have doors on the front, but each room has their own door, this may be the only set I don't get when it is close to retiring, I want as much time as I can with this baby! Wow, I mean seriously, wow, everything about how great this set is, please people, buy more Simpsons sets! I need more quality sets! Who cares about the figures when you have a set like this, and over 16 other ones to back those up! I can't find a single thing to complain about here! Good job Lego.

Also, I quoted the image in case someone doesn't know where the original post was made, and want's to see the set. But if you want to see the original post, it's the last post on page 31 of this thread. :wink:

Edited by Freddy Bricker

I'm... interested. I haven't regularly watched The Simpsons since like 2003. Since then I've watched like 4 episodes. Nostalgia is owning me right now because I really like this set.

However the lack of it truly being minifigure scale is a bit distressing. I do not like the interiors. But my stupid brian is thinking how many of these sets would I need to buy in order to make a truly minifigure scale Simpsons house. Stupid brain that would be so ridiculously expensive! But I can't stop thinking about it....

Another issue is the house on the outside in the series is most often portrayed as smaller than the interiors which makes no sense. The Simpsons house has a kind of Tardis effect going on lol.

I haven't watched the show for 10 freakin' years and I'm still really considering getting this...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the Parisian Restaurant! (Though should I get that or this?)

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Haha, forget the Parisian Restaurant! (Though should I get that or this?)

-Sci

This x1000. The Parisian is AMAZING, don't get me wrong, but the detail in this set is just awesome. And, it will probably be around $200. Even better!

What?! You sure that was for this set? If that's true, awesome! :shock: :sweet:

The Store-Manager told me they will sell the LEGO Simpson House on the 17. of January. He told me he was surprised because he expected it near Easter. I know nothing of any other LEGO Simpson House. So I guess he means this one!

I was excited to see this news. However, I'm a tad disappointed. It doesn't look quite right to me, the color is off and even the minifigs doesn't look that good in that picture. The interiors looks promising, though, but somehow small and not exactly like in the show. I'll wait for better pictures (someone said the official unveiling will be at January 11, right?) and hold my judgement till then. But since I'm not amazed from the very first moment which I really didn't expect and the prize will be surely high, I guess I will stick to the CMF.

Also, looks like you won our little bet, just2good. :wink: I must admit I'm shocked to see them making Maggie really minifigure-sized. And disappointed as well. It looks off-size to me. Also, why didn't you tell us you bought her? :sadnew::devil: Better show us some pictures! :laugh:

The Store-Manager told me they will sell the LEGO Simpson House on the 17. of January. He told me he was surprised because he expected it near Easter. I know nothing of any other LEGO Simpson House. So I guess he means this one!

Was this an independent retailer or a LEGO Brand Store?

Also, looks like you won our little bet, just2good. :wink: I must admit I'm shocked to see them making Maggie really minifigure-sized. And disappointed as well. It looks off-size to me. Also, why didn't you tell us you bought her? :sadnew::devil: Better show us some pictures! :laugh:

Ha! :tongue:

It was supposed to be a Christmas surprise, but she never came in time. :grin:

Hey just2good, are the legs on Maggie a separate piece, or is her torso and legs all one part?

Hoping for the former, so that we can get another height for future minifigs.

Edited by ghostmind

Was this an independent retailer or a LEGO Brand Store?

Brand Store! LEGO is pushing release dates in their Brand Stores to offer something special and to deduct from normal retail channels.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the Parisian Restaurant! (Though should I get that or this?)

-Sci

This doesn't belong in this topic, but who am I kidding, I have to give my 10 cents, what else would I do with a dime?

Get this set, the amount of detail in each room surpasses that of any single house in Lego history (OK, a bit of an exaggeration, the HH was very detailed). The garage has space for a car and still has a workshop! Most Lego houses only have one room, and they almost always lack a bed, this house comes with what looks to be 4 bedrooms, and each has their own bed (or crib)!. The rooms are connected with doors, something most Lego houses lack, I mean seriously, they are all just staircases leading up to rooms, this house not only has stairs (which are awkwardly absent from most Lego houses, anybody else notice that?) but doors and a hallway! Other than that one inch stimulation of what could be considered a hallway that was the 2008 Death Star, but it also comes with the couch fitting all the figures (except Bart, who still looks natural sitting on the floor. The amount of detail in this house got me excited, and I've never seen more than 2 episodes of the Simpsons! (And they don't fall under the category of "classic)

Both this set and the Parisian Restaurant will still be available in 2015, so don't worry, I doubt you'll only get one, plus modulars tend to stick around longer. So save up and get this one, I spent my 500th post trying to convince you to buy this set, for all of it's amazing details and hallways, new colors etc. Don't make this post be a flap, get this set now, you'll have double this time to get the Parisian Restaurant anyways! :classic:

In other news, I'm a knight! Hope Corneilius doesn't mind this post hopefully he can save on yelling at me, and just move this to the appropriate topic in the general discussion. :wink:

Hey just2good, are the legs on Maggie a separate piece, or his her torso and legs all one part?

Hoping for the former, so that we can get another height for future minifigs.

While I have not received the minifigure yet, her torso and legs are all one part.

Brand Store! LEGO is pushing release dates in their Brand Stores to offer something special and to deduct from normal retail channels.

Sweet! I hope this isn't just a Europe thing though, as none of my LEGO Brand Stores here in the states knew what the heck I'm talking about when I asked them.

J2G do you have maggie already? If you have could you show some pic

:)

She hasn't come yet. I do have the updated Homer and Ned figures, so I'll try to get off my lazy butt and review 'em and take pictures. :sweet: