Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Well, those heads look legit....we need to see the torso and legs to really tell if they are going to good or really bad. :wink:

Why in god's name are those heads so big?!? At least the toy story ones were somewhat in scale with the torsos!

Those paint applications look crappy too :(

Those paint applications look crappy too :(

That's usually because they're leaked figures. Leaked figures are sometimes figures that didn't pass the quality test or whatnot.

That's usually because they're leaked figures. Leaked figures are sometimes figures that didn't pass the quality test or whatnot.

They could be leaked prototype heads.....I wonder if Lego knew that that might happen ? :look:

We have been seeing a few 2014 sets and figures popping up here and there.....interesting eh ? :wink:

Those heads look like they come from some other non-Lego product. I don't know, pencil toppers or something. I reckon the drawn designs posted earlier is more likely what we'll really get. Compatible with regular minifigures.

I don't have a problem with using moulds, they're just way too big. They should be the same general size as minifig heads but shaped differently.

+1

could the body be bigger too, minidolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BLEAH! I was really unsure about the Simpsons theme, but if these are legit than yeah I'll be skipping this one. The heads are nicely made, just to weirdly oversized for the minifig bodies.

+1

could the body be bigger too, minidolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Minidolls for Simpsons characters? I don't think so.

I feel like if they're doing special head molds they might as well and go all the way and do new molds for the rest of the body. Honestly those heads look wrong on a standard minifigure body.

I actually don't mind them too much. Remember the Iron Man fig debacle? Glad we finally have some sort of visuals after a drought of Simpsons news.

Honestly, i have mixed feelings about this. I am a Simpsons fan, but I'm not sure how well the show will translate to LEGO... it doesn't seem like it will be exciting and fresh enough to be successful.

I'm getting the feeling it will go the path of LEGO Dino: a few sets, and no one even notices that it's off the shelves.

I'm getting the feeling it will go the path of LEGO Dino: a few sets, and no one even notices that it's off the shelves.

Heh, and Simpsons sets might even have yellow boxes. :grin:

But, I really think we're only getting the House set (as a D2C) and CMF Series this year. That hasn't been confirmed but really what I think.

The simpsos does have big heads and small shoudlers, so they make sense with that big heads. It looks better when you see its at otner angles/3d and with their proper clothes it should look pretty good.

Wow those heads are massive. Besides the size I don't really like them overall... and they don't look much like a LEGO product (But it's probably the lighting) I hope these are more like prototypes like someone said earlier.

Maybe everyone should hold judgement until we see the full figures, and the figures from different angles in official pictures from LEGO. I doubt, the Rejected Quality pieces on different Torsos, on a poor camera from an eBay seller can really show anything in a good light.

Yes, as much as l agree that the heads look a tad big, maybe everyone should wait for official images because didnt iron man have a larger helmet than he does now, well lego may go the same route and decrease the size and for all we know these could be leaked prototypes, but l certainly think that these figures will look much better with their accessories and proper pieces, l only guess time will tell :classic:

I don't have a problem with using moulds, they're just way too big. They should be the same general size as minifig heads but shaped differently.

That's how I feel. The big heads worked on the Toy Story figs because that's how the proportions of the characters were in the movies, and they have proved that they can do specially molded heads in about the same size as regular minifig heads like on Buzz Lightyear, so there is no excuse for them to be so big. Lets hope that these are indeed oversized prototypes. And even they aren't, I don't have much of a problem with it since minifigs are stylized representations of characters anyway.

Aside from the size issue, they look pretty good to me.

The heads look like I imagined they would and I have no problem with them.

I figure the heads have to be proportional not just to the bodies but to the other heads in the series as well. In other words, even if a head for Homer could have been made smaller, it still has to be bigger than the head for Maggie, for example. So line up all the figure head molds you have to make, and it probably becomes apparent why some heads are the size they are. Then you have to consider the ability to print specific details, and making the heads structurally sound, along with every other practical issue. On top of that, it's quite possible the market doesn't care or prefers this size head to what many EB users would prefer.

To be frank, I think the 'normal' minifigure head versions of the Simpsons family look rather poor, and that's even when they appear in a flattering sketch. Homer looks downright bizarre. I would not be surprised if the Simpsons owners require that the heads be a particular style which is accurate to the characters - even if previous licensed Simpsons products did not follow such a rule.

I love the look of Homer and Ned, the head size doesn't bother me at all. Now all I am really wanting to see the Simpsons house. :classic:

Right here. There's a back view too.

I'm getting used to them now. They look smaller in that side image, and not so big and triangular.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S