nato8181

Lego Technic 9398 - C Model + Instructions By Jono Mckinlay

Hello my is Renato am Brazilian and very fan Lego Technic recently discovered an Alternative Model for Lego 9398 a Quad Bike Motorbike.

The model is extremely fast and totally changes the view of the Crawler owners who complain of slow eater Rocks!

This model is 100% Motorized and accompanying assembly instructions in high definition.

The name is AFOL "Jono Mckinlay" which also specializes in Model C.

PS: The version of the video is not the same instructions, you will see that some adjustments will be necessary to increase the yield of traction, most do not worry everything can be solved only with the parties own the 9398, ie, the model c 100% is 9398 parts.

1369381706m_splash.jpg

1369381713m_splash.jpg

1369381721m_splash.jpg

1369381728m_splash.jpg

VĂ­deo:

Download Instructions:

http://www.freespace...ehosting/666588

:)

Excellent quad bike,thanks for sharing the instructions. :classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I build the quad a few weeks ago. It is quite fun to drive with it and the build was quite nice. Only problem is, that the part list is based on the first revision of the crawler (before they replaced the two small grey parts with the cornerparts. I did not realize this and had to disassemble the front to replace the two pieces.

A lovely MOC, and the instructions look great, but there will be a lot of blue ink wasted if they are printed! Anyone got an easy, simple, quick solution to change a pdf file ??

Awesome creation this is, I've just built Jovel's C Model so I might build this one next :classic:

Anyone got an easy, simple, quick solution to change a pdf file ??

Change a PDF file to what? I guess "export"

@Alasdair. No, opening the .pdf file is fine, but every page has a blue background, and to print 64 pages would be a lot of wasted blue ink. (It wouldn't have bothered me when I was employed and using the office printer, but now it's my ink I'd be wasting !) Can't be asked to look at a screen while building, I like paper copies.

I've started to modify each individual page in PhotoShop, deleting the background and saving as .jpg. When done, I'll join them back together into a "background-less" .pdf file and put a link to it if anyone else wants to print it out.

I build the quad a few weeks ago. It is quite fun to drive with it and the build was quite nice. Only problem is, that the part list is based on the first revision of the crawler (before they replaced the two small grey parts with the cornerparts. I did not realize this and had to disassemble the front to replace the two pieces.

good observation!

@Alasdair. No, opening the .pdf file is fine, but every page has a blue background, and to print 64 pages would be a lot of wasted blue ink. (It wouldn't have bothered me when I was employed and using the office printer, but now it's my ink I'd be wasting !) Can't be asked to look at a screen while building, I like paper copies.

I've started to modify each individual page in PhotoShop, deleting the background and saving as .jpg. When done, I'll join them back together into a "background-less" .pdf file and put a link to it if anyone else wants to print it out.

Sorry about the blue background. Will make the next set on white backgrounds.

I realized I had a wrong part count and had to swap and change to keep it within the 9398 part count. Sorry for the mess around. I"m glad you enjoyed it. My son uses it with the 9v rechargeble battery box and seems to got allot better with it.

I've deleted the blue background, and now have a .pdf file with a white background. Only trouble is, the file is huge, really huge, 30 times bigger than the original. So, until I can shrink it, I won't post a link to it. Watch this space...............

OK, sorted it. http://www.readypedalgo.co.uk/9398.C.Model%20-%20white%20background.pdf.

Smaller file than original (21 vs 32mb), with white background.

@jono.rocky Have a look, see what you think, feel free to put it on your own website.

And thanks for the MOC, it's great, can't wait for the winter to have a go at building this one. (My crawler is still untouched in it's box. I don't play with lego when I can be sitting/playing outside, but I do lurk here, especially in the middle of the night when insomnia is keeping me up!.)

Thanks for posting the instructions, was lots of fun to build, havent built the A model yet though...

As far as instruction colours go, found the blue background nice, just loaded them on tablet, easy enough to position well for building. Had to change out the little grey bits on the rear axels for slightly bigger grey bits, but fits with no issues, just an extra pin needed.

And the best thing about the model: it is scaled perfectly for Barbie, so my 4year old daughter loves it evem more! She's getting quite good at the controls!

b5uc.jpg

Proportions are excellent - and playability perfect! but yes the colour scheme is unfortunate....

also it needs the 2x2 big headlights ....

My daughter, and I'm sure Barbie too, would prefer a lot of pink panels, but strangely they're not very common in the technic line? :wacko:

Yeah the colour scheme was a bit unfortunate but it didnt come with blue and chrome, Glad you all like it and Barbie too.

There are just two 9398 alternates on rebrickable, ever think about putting your quad up on there?

Lego needs alternate builds, but that's just my humble opinion. :D

Also rebrickable does alternate comps, in fact they just finished one with a $100 prize but the 9398 was not included.

Edited by JM1971

I also completed building this yesterday, and have to agree this is a spectacular moc! Haven't yet fitted a Barbie for it from my daughters' collection, though.

Was there somewhere updated instructions for the current 9398 parts set, meaning building it with only 28 cross blocks (6536) instead of 30? (2 of them got replaced with another 90 degree connector in 9398.)