J4ke

SoNE {Free Build} Z-95 Headhunter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

9439262444_1745439d17_z.jpg

It took a couple of days, but I finally got my new fighter in good working condition, no thanks to that smuggler... Seriously, who ships a ship in so many parts? But anyway, this thing has got all the bells and whistles... hyperdrive capable (I think, need to test that), 4 sublight engines, a couple of big guns, and proton torpedo launchers too.

9439261702_82c970f680_z.jpg

Cockpit's a bit snug, and I worry about the structural integrity of the lower engines, but all in all, I'm rather pleased. I'll take it out for a test flight as soon as I'm cleared to, and as soon as tech has checked over it and got it combat ready. Here we go... Red two standing by.

9439263580_3953bc1e8b_z.jpg

(OoC, but there's more pictures, as usual, in the Flickr photoset)

:drool: You nailed the bulbous look of the Z-95! :thumbup: Especially, I think you did a great job with the section around and behind the cockpit, transitioning from the curved nose to the bulge behind the canopy to the hexagonal greebled section at the very end. I love how the ship looks almost too bit or fat for the engines. :laugh: I think a slightly wider wingspan might look good...but this is a ship that can take on many different forms and modifications.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Very smooth, it looks like a dangerous vessel for its enemies, I cant wait to see it in action, the nose looks a little thick but way beter than the oficial CW vertion.

I like it! Im not well versed on its source image but i do think you have done really well, especially the rear!

Ill be searching for you on my hunts!!

Edited by Fuppylodders

Very nice, I like the rear section in particular, I love how you used car doors there.

. Seriously, who ships a ship in so many parts?

Bet that smuggler was an Ikean, from the forest planet of Ikea...

Really nice Z-95, a bit bulky, but it's a Z-95, you can do what you want with them :classic::thumbup:

Very impressive, I really like the use of the car door at the back for a great hexagonal shape. A much better version then the OOB one. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the guns atachement. It looks too simple just put on the top at the end of the wing. Maybe snoting and attaching them from the side somehow would make it look better.

I like it a lot! Especially the rear part is awesome.

The front looks a little bulky to me as well, but as Bob said:

...but it's a Z-95, you can do what you want with them :classic::thumbup:

:laugh:

You recreate the Z-95 very well :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like it :wink:

I love it!

I really like the techniques you've used for the back and the engines!

I would like to see more pics of it.

This is indeed one of the best MOC Headhunters I've seen so far. I love this smooth but dynamic front. And the use of the doors for framing the stern.

I would like to see more tiles on theon the wings, but thats totally up to you. But at least the most honorable emblem of the alliance should grace your ship.

Oh, and this beauty totally deserves a name.

Thanks everyone!

^Turns out I don't have any Alliance logos, except for the tan 2x2 ones from way back in the day, which really don't fit. And it has a name: Headhunter.

Glad you all noticed I took a chunky approach, I wanted to set it apart visually from the more spindly CW version, which we can all safely agree sucks.

^Turns out I don't have any Alliance logos, except for the tan 2x2 ones from way back in the day, which really don't fit.

Yeah, that wouldn't really fit. I wish TLG would release more crest/emblem/logo tiles. They did the Alliance logo stickers that were incredibly useful, what with the transparent background and the basic red crest...but then I'm pretty sure they only released them in one set, the '07 BP.

^Yep, I missed out on that. I went back and checked my A-Wing stickers for something useful, but no luck there. Oh well...