Sign in to follow this  
Luke_likes_Lego

Opposite day......

My idea for a light-hearted topic - some people love to criticise, here's a chance for negative feedback - opposite style..... ...please add your 'opposite day' ideas below.....(feel free to tell me this idea sux....I will take it as an opposite comment! Feel free to tell me this idea rocks....I will take it as an compliment!)

LLL :tongue:

1. Please TLG, we need more fire and police themed sets

2. Why can't there be more forum posts about set 41999?

3. Eurobricks, when are you going to put a decent, well-moderated site together

4. ........

Edited by Luke_likes_Lego

10. Ok, I'm convinced. Putting all my pieces in ONE GIANT HEAP is the best way for sorting and storage.

12. LEGO, please focus less on the builds in the Superhero sets. They are really starting to overshadow all the figures.

11. LEGO, please give us more stickers- I have so little?

I totally agree (I have too much spare time since I've reproduced them all already ;))

14. btw I'm selling all my Star Wars and licensed themes so I can put the proceeds toward awesome themes like Galidor and Jack Stone

15. Two mismatching road baseplates is so convenient, why not sell them in other convenient formations ...say a '47 pack'.

9435763330_89a6ed279d.jpg

11. LEGO, please give us more stickers- I have so little?

Well it really depends, in a cars 2 set I had to apply a sticker to a 1x1 tile!

Do a Lego doctor who theme, peter capadili has been chosen for the 12th doctor!

Edited by Tariq j

I meant to put a exclamation mark there.

Oh right, sorry about that, in that case.. I agree!

I sort of liked this topic when I first saw it, but now I think it's quite a bad idea. :grin:

• It makes no sense that so many people refer to pieces in plural as "Lego". You should say "Lego's" you [insert less harsh word for "idiot"]. In this languange, plural words must end with an "S".
  • Lego should not worry about new molds, and detailed specialized pieces. Using the same old boring simple molds that we already have is just a lame form of cost cutting. TLG should make specialized realistic molds for things that they don't have, to look detailed and realistic. We don't mind paying the extra bucks for that stuff. And lets be honest; What is more interesting? An awesome detailed dinosaur, or ... a brick. Anyways, it is certainly so difficult to build much when most of the pieces are such simple little shapes.
  • No one cares about sets just because they are in a "realistic" modern setting. The modular buildings are especially pointless in that respect. We don't want the same boring things that we see in real life. What we need much, much, more of is LOT'S AND LOT'S OF ACTION.
  • I really hate it that AFOL's look back at Bionicle as if it was a good thing, while they never show positive interest in those awesome Ultrabuilds. Now, instead of those lame biomechanical who-knows-what, we have SUPER-HEROES. Iron man! Batman! Spider-Man! Hulk! Awesome guys that we are supposed to love! All factory-produced for you in high detail. You don't even need to screw with the horrible building difficulty of Bionicle.
  • A big mistake that the Lego group makes too often is overestimating their fanbase. Most sets are too difficult for most (potential) fans to enjoy. They should be doing more of the work for us in-factory. They should try to make things systemic so that we can make things ourselves. Who really likes to do that these days? We would all rather take another trip to store whenever we want something different than just make it ourselves by reusing what we have.
  • More licensed products. How am I supposed to be interested in some building when I don't have any movie or anything to explain what it is for me? It is obviously easier to pull something out of a good movie to adapt than to think of an interesting and original idea made specifically for a Lego set.
  • The Lego group goes too far on their restrictions against violence. No modern military allowed? :angry: You gotta be kidding me. The farthest they are willing to do at all in the last decade was just some silly little theme about some guys shooting down dinosaurs with machine guns and stuff. Too bad we couldn't get closer. As for today, just furry Fabuland characters killing each-other on motor cycles fighting over some "valuable" thing. What really is good for young boys is war and stuff.
  • Completist collecting is a hobby that more people should try to enjoy. A "collection" of minifigures is terribly incomplete if there is any minifig ever made that is absent. Also, the fact that some thing is rare but often-desired by other people should be all it takes for someone to go rabbid over it (like Comic Con exclusive figs). Also, the fact that some people might want to use these rare collectibles in their creations does NOT make them higher priority than the people who like to display them alone. I mean, all those creations would do is distract from those awesome things that deserve their own merit.

I sort of liked this topic when I first saw it, but now I think it's quite a bad idea. :grin:

Ha ha! Now I'm not confused!

btw tariq (or anyone)....which sets have 'cardboard backings'?

24. Bring back the single standard grin to the minifig head, better still the pre 1978 'no face'

25. 'Single paned funnies'? I never laughed

26. I wish people wouldn't always show off their MOC's....there are plenty of good official sets

btw tariq (or anyone)....which sets have cardboard backings'?

cardboard backings are used to make sure the insructions booklet and sticker sheet are not crushed when they come out of the box.

27. Launch another Legends series with as many sets as possible from the themes like Prince of Persia, Pharaoh's Quest, Racers etc.

So when do we get the Ben 10 and Jack Stone sets remade?

I'm really angry that the bricks in this set are printed!

I'm so happy the entire Justice Leauge has been revealed to only be Comic Con exclusives!

Why weren't my sticker sheets and instruction booklets damaged in the box? :angry:

:tongue:

LEGO is alright, but there were way better when they only made wooden toys! (Best I've got at the moment, I'll work on a better one soon)

All the city cars have so much variety from the wheels to the actual body of the car feels like a completely different car every time I buy one.

Mr Gold was such a good idea.

They should not make any more mechs I mean wasn't Exo-Force enough? Now we have two similar Action Figure lines whats the need for Mechs?

This topic reminds me this meme. :grin: Here's my try : Star Wars sets are so affordable, why don't TLC increase their prices ?

This is one of the best ideas for a thread ever. :grin::poke:

Edited by just2good

Ok I've got a better one than last time:

The minifigure series really needs more skiers and snowboarders.