What's a good parts set to start with if I want to build the mk1 suv? In black preferably. I'm just getting back into technics and own zero studless sets.

So, I've finished the instructions.

You can download the HQ version here (about 70mb) and the LQ version here (about 10mb).

The HQ version is a bit oversized (page size), I had some wrong LPub settings, but I haven't fixed it yet. Maybe in the future. It's usable though, and if you print it, it's a normal A4 ratio

I wasn't able to test them, so if anybody hasn't built the model yet, please test the instructions for errors :classic:

Please let me know what you think about it :classic:

What's a good parts set to start with if I want to build the mk1 suv? In black preferably. I'm just getting back into technics and own zero studless sets.

You'd need the tow truck 9395 as well, for the wheels and some black panels. Will also need some extra panels from Bricklink as no single set (I know of) has all the black panels you'd need.

You can download the HQ version here (about 70mb) and the LQ version here (about 10mb).

The HQ version is a bit oversized (page size), I had some wrong LPub settings, but I haven't fixed it yet. Maybe in the future. It's usable though, and if you print it, it's a normal A4 ratio

I wasn't able to test them, so if anybody hasn't built the model yet, please test the instructions for errors :classic:

Wow, thank you very much! :classic:

High quality instructions and clear step order!

By a quick view on the part list, I see that I've all necessary parts to build it. But I haven't the time now, as I'm building the Wing Body Truck to control the step part order and other errors. And I have to finish the "Ultimate" Unimog. But maybe later ....in summer....

Greetings

Alex

Hey afol1969,

Sorry a little off topic, but what is this " Ultimate Unimog " ? btw I've finished both of these great looking SUVs, used them to demonstrate Lego PF in last weekends Brickworld Indy. :wink:

Hey afol1969,

Sorry a little off topic, but what is this " Ultimate Unimog " ? btw I've finished both of these great looking SUVs, used them to demonstrate Lego PF in last weekends Brickworld Indy. :wink:

Hi ritztoys,

I speak from Markus53' Unimog with the two-gear freewheeling mechanism. I've already the instructions, but I can do further modifications with an air tank an double pump. It will be a multifunctional Unimog with possibility to attach other motorized functions, I've found the way to connect two IR Receivers on the cabin. The battery box is fixed on the load bed that will avoid the side leaning. There are still tests to do, and I want to modify and complete the instructions for the functions. So I'll maybe finish the final instructions at the beginning on April.

Ok, what's an "Ultimate" Unimog? Difficult to judge....

Greetings

Alex

Ill try to build it when i get the PF parts :) Thank you for the instructions :)

afol1969, thanks for your reply. I'll keep watching your posts to see what this MOC is all about. :wink:

@Legolijntje: These instructions are great and very helpful! I sent you a PM with some remarks.

Yes, I believe they are 8 studs long! ;)

Thanks a lot - these long axles are the worst guessing out of generally great pictorial building instructions from Madoca.

Update:

I Have now finalized the build and find it generally very nice - with some minor issues:

- suspension is rather limited both in high and low positions

- for larger torque the 2 speed gearbox seems to be the weakest point (and differentials come second) - it is visible on 7,4V without current limitation (custom 2-cell LIPO) and especially when engines are powered with higher voltage (3-cell lipo with 11,1V).

Edited by Yorick

One warning - do not try to use the Technic, Gear 24 Tooth (Old Style with Three Axle Holes) - I tried as I do not have the initial one axle one. In result I've got broken gear and had to disassemble the whole model, as access to it is pretty tough. Well I did another one in result, but still - be careful :)

broken_gear.jpg

Just wanted to share mine. :laugh:

800x600.jpg

Madoca has become my favorite builder. The minions love him too! I just wish he keeps making more MOCs :-

I tried to find the limit of the SUV MkII with the V2 receiver, and the car was able to make it up a 45 degree slope (guitar case) with a rechargable battery directly plugged in to an AC outlet at 8.5V . Would probably do even better with a 9V battery case and fresh AA batteries.

Edited by motomatt