Ok, I've uploaded the Supercar instructions as well. Check your PMs dragofoscar.

I can't post the links in public, sorry, there's a download quota. Post more ;-)

maybe could you send the link to my email ? terenshi@live.jp thanks

Here is what I have so far. Let us make this a team effort and have someone complete the LXF. ... I hope is ok to post.

Madoka SUV Mk II.lxf

Edited by DrJB

Here is what I have so far. Let us make this a team effort and have someone complete the LXF. ... I hope is ok to post.

The MK1 ldd file on page 4 can be used to speed up the process a little, I'm in the middle of doing a buggy atm but I'll get to work on the MK2 in a few days if no one is doing it.

Edited by JM1971

I've made a render of the MK I SUV based on the LDD file created by JM1971. As always, converting it to LDraw was hard, but the result looks good. I've already built this model, but now that the Mark II is out I'm going to have to convert mine. It takes an additional 653 parts to convert it to Mark II.

800x450.jpg

I've also built Madoca's Supercar and had made some renders of it (shown earlier in this topic). Some time between then and now I managed to delete the CAD file I made and have lost it. By any chance did I send it to anybody so it is not lost forever?

I've been looking through the instructions of Madoca's supercar, monster truck and SUV, and I must say I'm really impressed by his skill. Very clean building style, with good use of parts, and impressive styling to boot. TLG-worthy models IMO. Can't wait for his next MOC.

I build the Mini Car the day before yesterday and the SUV MKI today... :O)

Both are perfect. The Mini is very fast and runs nice. The buiding is so much fun as you (me as a beginner in MOCing) can see how how well thought everthing is. Everything fits perfect together - and this packed in an amazing small size.

That the suspension is a little short on the SUV does not bother me. But I had wondered that when driving + steering the inner front wheel is flipping. As you can see it in his video (e.g. 1:51) as well, everthging is fine and did not make any mistake. ;O) But this is only cosmetic and stops when the AWD is disabled to RWD.

In action is a mini Crawler - very powerful when it comes to obstacles.

Too bad - I do not think, that I will keep it as there are still 2 more modells to go - Supercar + MKII SUV.

Final words - Madoca go on ! Your vehicles are really great and fun to build (actually these are the first MOC, I build, resp. I spend a lot of mony in parts to build them...)

PS: As I am a purist and would not like to replace parts in other colour his models cost me about 90 Euro in parts... so what :O))))

Edited by dragofoscar

I've not kept up with this one. Where is the Mk 2? I will look back through the posts.

H

:thumbup: Brilliant models. I love the four door version with the chunky tyres. I can see what the excitement is about. Please post pictures of your builds and inform us all of any new ideas etc.

H

Edited by Horace T

^Gladly, got the wheels from lego store and some bits from bricklink, the rest will be ordered when the cash is available, good job there is not many pc games worth buying lately.

But I had wondered that when driving + steering the inner front wheel is flipping. As you can see it in his video (e.g. 1:51) as well, everthging is fine and did not make any mistake. ;O)

May be it is because of no differential between axles

Edited by rm8

I entered the parts for MK I SUV in BrickStore. The model contains 857 parts, estimated BL value is roughly $400 (new parts).

If you replace the Battery Box with a non-rechargeable one the price sinks to $300.

Of course the most expensive parts are the electrics: $250 with the rechargeable BB and $150 with the non-rechargeable

If you already own 9398 you can subtract another $140.

If someone wants a copy of the BS file; please send your e-mail details in a PM.

Next step is to enter the parts for MK |I SUV and calculate the difference.

Edited by Theo van Vroenhoven

I just finished my build of the SUV Mk2.

It was really cool to build something with complex instructions, instead of the very detailed and "no need to think" standard LEGO building instructions. I could actually feel that my brain had to work, and it forced me to better understand what I was building. How the actual subassemblies etc. would work.

The SUV Mk2 weighs 1570 grams including batteries in a standard battery box.

Must say it looks great. Mine is pimped with gold rims from an old Batmobile set. It's all black like in the instructions, but I might try and a a 3 module wide yellow stripe down the center of the vehicle. Should be possible to build it in white (panels, beams, axle connectors etc.).

Edited by Front

Madoca has posted a variant of his SUV, outstanding as always:

That looks really nice. I think it should have offroad tires

Error404, why are you bumping all these old topics? Oh well, I don't mind, I somehow missed his pickup truck. It's stunning, I love middle-scale builds.

Has anyone done an LDD/LXF of the 4-door SUV?

Not as far as I know, I'll have one done in 2-3 days as well as cleaning up the 2 door one I have.