The idea is to measure few 41999 sets, and if one has a smaller mass ... then most likely it's the one with the missing parts.

We really should start tallying up the weight/mass of each set out there ... just to get a feel.

I don't know if I got a set with missing parts and I don't know my license plate. My 41999 is still sealed...

... and I bet you don't know why you're posting either ;)

Hey, that's cool... You really rock!!!

Maybe I have to get a thousand posts to get this way...

hahaha ... not really, it's friday, been a long week. No offense meant :)

Isn't it better to open the box anyway to find out which bag is missing? The weight can't tell you that.

I think someone buying a 'MISB' set years in the future would rather get a 'technically' opened box with all the parts confirmed there than a true MISB set with a missing bag.

The S in MISB stands for Sealed. If you open the box to check that all the bags are there, you can no longer advertise it as MISB.

The question then becomes whether "MISB" is worth more or less than "MIB (checked - all bags are there)". LEGO is famous for its quality control. I'd say the chances of there being a missing bag is far less than the chances of someone losing or stealing a bag from a pre-opened box and saying "they're all there, I promise" (Not saying that anyone here would do such a thing, of course, but there are some unscrupulous types out there).

Ok, did it at last ... opened my cherished 41999, and my license plate number is ... EK 05112

Today I recieved the 41999 I ordered and I am #06778

fd33fa928f370ae565a82999f83f0abb.jpg

:excited:

Hey everyone.... i was thinking about creating a list or map of all the 41999 set around the world.... so then i greated this map: http://www.zeemaps.c...p?group=1318125 ... a freind and I has already added our model, and I think it would be cool to se how many 41999 we can list... also because it is a limited model.... :-) feel free to join if you like :-)

An interesting idea. It looks like we can't edit the map, are you intending to curate all the entries yourself? There is already a thread about 41999 license numbers here; you may want to mine it for information to fill out your map.

Looks like you've got some pretty detailed addresses on the map. You might want to make those a bit more generic (just city name) before making this too public.

I don't think we need two separate topics, so I will merge them.

Sorry for old dust, but let me continue this topic: my number is EK 07907. Also I've made a spreadsheet at Google Docs with the all known numbers that was able to find:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aGKs5Myx1W6BQZuyp3KKhhGwu5HZMEN6q3sVMXElW0s/edit?usp=sharing

So far they are 122 known number in the list: the smallest on belongs to @Ambroise (EK 00022) and the biggest - to chertik from BrickSetForum (EK 19996), just 4 to 20000! :sweet:

Edited by Void_S

Apologies for a bump but finally got a set to open and build. Licence plate 15114, Cape Town, South Africa :)