If we'll continue that way number of posts will count 20000.

My numbers are 00622 and 12161. May be someone can make database at cloud?

I would've thought they might have actually given you a specific or to order license number? (assuming one of those wasn't).

To be fair I find this topic quite interesting.. To see what numbers our fellow eurobrickers got. Far more so than what time you ordered your set when you got confirmation e-mail.. Is it shipped and all that other junk we have had the last few days.

It would have been nice for rm8 to get the number 1 and the top 100 to all get the numbers as they finished in the list.. But since its all random I think its ok to wonder what numbers people get.

I have number 02586; bought from the Lego Store in Northbrook, IL, USA. They were the first store I called (there are about 4 Lego Stores in my area) and they seemed well stocked on August 2nd when I bought it.

I too, find this topic interesting, especially when paired with the location of where it was bought. It seems the numbers are truly dispersed and randomized throughout the world so far.

On a side note, this is my first Technic set since coming out of my dark ages. It hit all of checkboxes on what I was looking for in a Technic set, plus the fact that it was a limited edition didn't hurt. Much different than the ones I had when I was a teenager, and the complexity and engineering is amazing.

I got 3797. Was a great building experience. I bought it at my local Lego Store in New York

Edited by gmshades

Can you tell the number without opening the box?

Edit: when looking at my left nummer 19996 would be quite nice.

Edited by LEGO.Inc

16 thousand something. Strange, that they are so Mixed up. Or are really nearly all Sold Out... Hua Hua ;0)

Actually, it's not surprising at all, knowing LEGO's technologic process (from factory imagery, videos, and reports we've seen). The machine that produced the custom numbered parts probably dumped them all in a bucket which mixed them up well. Then they loaded the buckets with the part types that go in the bag with the numbered tile in a bagging machine that spits out the sealed pouches of parts. The parts are drawn from the holding buckets through a constriction which generates some more intermixing (think of sand grains descending from the top half of an hourglass to the bottom one and imagine the intermixing effect). The ready bags again end up in a bucket or two (albeit larger ones). Finally, the bags are delivered to the box filling conveyor where they are dumped in a device that feeds them one by one to the person putting them in the box. Of course, similar to the previous "hourglass" process, this one also introduces shuffling.

The net result: near perfect uniform random distribution of the numbered parts across all sets. I bet that even LEGO themselves can't tell which plate number is in each box. The only way somebody at LEGO could hold special numbered plates is if they were present at the time the tiles were printed and managed to grab the numbers before they got intermixed in the bucket. But I somehow doubt it. I bet that if the 00001 or 20000 plates ever turn up, they will be with a totally random person somewhere around the globe.

Can you tell the number without opening the box?

See above. Due to the current technological process it's not possible to have the number on the box. It could have been possible with the the old time technology of putting plastic trays in big boxes with a small tray of featured parts clearly visible through a transparent flap, but that's history now.

I don't think that one would be able to see the part's printing even on a high-resolution x-ray, CT scanner, etc. Perhaps another decade or two from now there will be technology to "see surface textures of items through paper", but we are not there yet.

Edited by DrFrankenstein

The machine that produced the custom numbered parts probably dumped them all in a bucket which mixed them up well.

That's also what I guessed to explain why in the same shop in France there was #66 and #19946 :)

Maybe some day we'll see the non-sealed special numbers sell for a even higher price than the MISB ?

Mine is: #14459,

bought at my local Lego Store in Germany. I'm really interested in how the numbers are spread over the world. I would like to see some kind of sketch, spreadsheet or overview for this.

Start a google map where everyone can put their number in, if you are interested :wink:

I don't quite remember, but I think it was number 16936 on my one, bought at S@H in Norway. I'll update when I get home if I'm wrong.

update: EK16935!

Edited by zyrex

I was also thinking about this MISB/opened topic. For resellers/collectors it is a gamble. The set could be worth much more or much less after checking the number. Kind of kinder surprise ;)

I don't quite remember, but I think it was number 16936 on my one, bought at S@H in Norway. I'll update when I get home if I'm wrong.

When did you order it? Bought mine from S@H Norway to but have only got the free set in the mail.

According to the experiences of the people here you could order at midnight and still wait or order in the evening and already build the set. There seems to be no FIFO ordering.

When did you order it? Bought mine from S@H Norway to but have only got the free set in the mail.

I ordered it exactly when it became available on S@H, and received it the next day actually, friday. One parcel with both the mini mech and the crawler.

What would the odds be if you ordered 2 sets and got numbers 00001 and 20000? Anyone smart wanna work that out? :P

This is a great thread, and possible should make a registry.

What would the odds be if you ordered 2 sets and got numbers 00001 and 20000? Anyone smart wanna work that out? :P

This is a great thread, and possible should make a registry.

2/20000 :wink: even though they're special numbers, just as much chance of getting them as any other

Edited by legomuppet9