Sign in to follow this  
Zzz

A LEGO Town populated by CMF?

I really like the CMF and honestly find them much better than the usual "City" minifigures these days. (It's just my opinion and I bet there are others but that's not the point here)

I tried to find something like this in the past years already, but didn't really come across it, so the question is =

Are there any Town layouts that are primarily populated by the CMF instead of the normal "City" figures? I know that some MOC'ers use fleshy and customized figures, but I would love to see any layout or bigger scene with the CMF (customized or original doesn't matter), as the detail on the figures is just a little better (no judgement here) than the average City figure, and I would love to see them in action!

Any pics or links welcome and if a topic like this exists already, please excuse!

We use both CMF and other figures in our layouts, next week again in Hardenberg ;)

I use CMF figures along with generic townies. Some work better in a town setting than others (Mechanic and butcher as opposed to the mech or Minotaur).

My new Lego City layout will use half regular city minifigs and half city-style collectables.......in the end the balance might lean more towards the collectables though as long as they keep the mix of city subtheme characters going in it. :wink:

I have just started planning out my town layout and plan to use a mix of both , i think the cmf's can be used to very good effect alongside the original's .

At least im hoping i can pull that off :sceptic:

Now what I do for some of the more "Exotic" figures is use the heads. That's mainly why I love the CMFs, their expressions are a lot more varied than your generic townies/police/goons.

I find the CMF city figures to be quite useful. I would use a mix as well, I love my classic heads. I don't think there is enough variety with CMF yet. :tongue:

I have a modular style museum full of "non-city" CMF in my Lego City layout - Egyptians, Romans, Vikings, Neanderthals, Shakespearean actors, a Statue of Liberty, Eskimos, exprlorers, famous politicians, soldiers, etc .There's even a "stuffed" brown bear, a "bison" head (repurposed Minotaur head), and an extraterrestrial that is hidden away in the attic.

Sounds great that you are actually using them already, will look out for your pics when you post them. Feel free to do it in this thread as well!

And @lugnut = (welcome to EB!) Did you take any pictures of it yet? I am sure many of us would love to see how you incorporated all these guys into a town!