Ok, I'm working as fast as I can.
:wink:

If you send an email to
, you can be one of the first to receive the final instructions.

Email sent! I hope I can also receive an advanced copy of the instructions. But I don't have any problems if it will be available in the next few weeks :classic:

Edited by francisalmario

@ xbatmanx: I've made it compatible with the standard AA-Batterybox. However, I'm using 8878 myself. I'm a big fan of the 8878, I've never regretted getting them.

The final Crane will use 2x standard battery box

@Jurgen: A little off-topic, do you use the "Lego" $25 charger for your 8878, or a cheaper version (aftermarket)? I don't want to spend that much for the charger. That's the only reason I haven't bought one yet. What is the "life" of one of these batteries?

Thanks

@ Kronos: I use the original Lego transformer to recharge my 8878's. I didn't feel like going through the trouble of finding a compatible transformer. I've had mine for about 2 years and they're still going strong 8-)

Back on topic: if you use 8878 for the Ultimate 42009, it's easy to install PF-lights on the back of the truck. With the standard B-Box, you'd need an additional extention cable.

It will have front-lights though.

i were finished the ultimate 42009, everything is okay. Now, waiting for Jurgen Krooshoop finalize.

@ Jurgen, Hi first post on here so hello all, been following your work for a while, very cool. Quick question will you be making the parts list as just the additional parts required to build your ultimate model or will it be a complete list of the whole crane?

Looking forward to seeing he finished result, when I completed mine the first thing I thought was "this thing needs to be fully remote"

Thanks

Alex

i wonder if the outriggers can be made automatic.

When they reach the end the feet start to lower automatically and when you raise them they go up then the arms retract in.

Steve

My 10 yellow pulley wheels arrived today, gonna try using those instead of or in addition to the default grey ones. (And the 50 red sliding gears... :D )

Edited by S.I

It is fully remote control

Thank you for Jurgen's great modify 42009

Very, very cool! I can not wait until my 42009 arrives and ran to the ultimate! :wub::wub::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi all, here some pictures of the 8421xl I've built some time ago:

6330306638366464.jpg6431326263663264.jpg Sorry, I've some problems with text editing/formatting, I don't know why....For the 8421xl: I'll dismantle it next time to make some modifications and for motorizing. As I'll have nearly all pieces to built the 42009 Ultimate, I'll build it und try to combine with the 8421xl. And with instructions. At the Moment I've just finished with the Ultimate 8043, it works well. Instructions/photos are made, but I've still to have make some corrections in cause of mistakes, so I'll dismatle it partially to make corrections in the instructions/make new photos.Greetings Alex

It is fully remote control

Thank you for Jurgen's great modify 42009

Wow!!! I don't receive my 42009 yet, but after watch this video, I decide 1. wait for the final instructions for this "ultimate" version and 2. upgrade my 8043 to the ultimate version too.

Thanks Jurgen for this wonderful modification :D

Regarding the PF Parts, additionally to the parts of the 42009 and besides the parts listed in Jurgens 2nd post, you will need: another 8881 battery box, a short extension cord and 1 pair of LED lights. A second L-motor is not required, 1 sucessfully tested a M-motor for the boom extension.

I don't know if Jurgen will included the "M-Motor for boom extension version" in his instructions as well. If not, however, i could provide a workaround picture on how to mount the M-motor once the instruction package has been published.

You can use 8878's In the truck it will work fine, it'll even allow esea installing of PF-light on the rear. However, on the upperstructure, I'd advize to use the normal AA-b-box, because it's a lot heavier and it functions as counterweight. IMO it could even use some more couterweight.

BTW, it needs 2x short PF-extention cable. Lights of course are optional, add those to your liking (and depending on your parts-collection). The main reason I uses lights, is to make it easier to see if the battery-box is on or off.

Hmm... looks like I'll be dropping some coins on PF accessories for the Ultimate 42009 when I order the VW T1 Camper next month. The Clone Trooper is nice, but I feel like the mini VW T1 Camper is better.