Two Norsemen introduce a couple Mitgardians to the clans' traditional summer Ice Haddock fishing activities off the Isles of Solitude. Ice Haddock serves as a protein staple in most Mitgardians' diets--fresh in the summer and salted or cold smoked in the winter--and as a major trade item with Avalonian and Kaliphlinite merchants. The Norsemen did not, however share that Ice Haddock makes excellent bait for luring in Western Sea Serpents...

9422899339_19ff6ffacb_z.jpg

I've had this idea since CCCX and the MOC has been in work in some stage or another since probably April, but I finally was able to knock it out over the past few weeks. This is my first try a multi-level build, brick-built boat and a big honkin' monster. Let me know what you guys think, C&C appreciated!

Flickr link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrcp6d/sets/72157634901095499/

Great MOC! Love the boat and monster and great way to show under the water as well as above!

I love how you put space between the water and the ground to show the serpent like creature coming out from under the water

Edited by Bkrosell

Thanks guys! The sea serpent and I have a love/hate relationship, it was really fun to figure out how to build but a royal pain to pose (and keep it in one spot). :wall: You get a real lesson in physics with the weight of the beast trying its hardest to break the friction forces and submit to gravity.... :damn:

Wow :oh::drool: Incredible build, the multi level approach adds a unique aspect to the build and the boat and sea serpent are superb :wub:

The use of wedge plates for the hull works really well and I don't recall seeing that design before. The waves convey a great sense of motion and the icebergs and rock formations are excellent :thumbup:

Very glad to have you in Mitgardia :classic:

Thanks SK! I can't claim the hull design, but I also can't remember where to point the credit to... :look:

Nice approach to sea monster attack, its rare we see good multi level ocean MOCs

keep up the good work!

Great MOC! Love how you portrayed the serpent coming from underneath the sea to attack the boat! Like how you built your boat as well! :wink:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: You capture the feeling of the action very well :wink:

Mitgardia is really doing it these days. Sure hope we can keep as many of the good builders we've so far collected up in the North. That said, awesome moc, dude!

Great build, mrcp6d, that ship is great! :thumbup:

The sea-monster is also superb, and the under water part is a nice detail :classic:

Hope to see some more build from you soon :sweet:

Wow! Love the Sea Serpent, water, and underwater section! The boat is also amazing! Great work! :sweet::thumbup:

That boat! :wub: And the sea serpent looks very good to, overall an excellent scene. Only thing about your first photo is, it almost seems like the serpent is attacking from land too me.

Thanks guys! Book II is going to be fun with most of us staying in the Great Guild of the North!

I simply love the Norse atmosphere you are conveying here! Great work especially with the water/ice surroundings and the (SNOTed) clinker boat which looks fabulous!

Excellent job! Great serpent and very nice way to do the boat! :thumbup:

Wow! This is just outstanding! Love the serpent! The boat design is so nice!! Great job!

I'd like DoH credits in:

• Hydrology - waves, underwater
  • Agriculture & Zoology - brick-built animals

Thanks!