peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

My order changed from "Backordered" to "in Process" :classic: . I ordered my set on 05 August

Though the Minimech was already shipped yesterday (08 Aug)

My order changed from "Backordered" to "in Process" :classic: . I ordered my set on 05 August

Though the Minimech was already shipped yesterday (08 Aug)

How does this work? I ordered my set 31st July and confirmed all payment details by 2nd Aug, yet mine is still at Customer Service?

I rang Customer Service again and they said that orders are being fulfilled in chronological order, this is clearly not the case otherwise mine would have shipped by now! Although they did say that my order had registered at 00:57 on the 1st Aug, despite being made much earlier.

I hope that my crawler is definitely at the shop tomorrow, or I think I have no hope getting it through Lego Shop online.

Edited by Burned_Alive

Great!

Mine ordered on 2nd August,... got information that shipping will be postponed today at 1am and now the status changed to shipped :)

I ordered it on evening of 1st Aug, and still in process, that's not fair :laugh:

Yeah, they're definitely not being fulfilled in chronological order, mine ordered at 10am on the 1st are still 'in process'

edit: Both of mine ordered at 10am on the 1st have now been shipped :D

Edited by losimagic

My S@H order has shipped as well! And it looks like it really has sold out now as well. I wonder how many people won't get their order fulfilled. I guess we'll hear about it in this thread.

It's no longer on S@H for the US, so presumably all sold out. :wacko:

Now, I just had a chat with a lady from CS and she told me, horror of horrors, that she cannot tell me for sure whether S@H will be able to ship me a replacement for my damaged set at all. I would have to wait until 22 August, when they receive the second batch of sets, to find out whether I would be getting a set or a refund!!! :look: When I called in yesterday to report my damaged set, the lady on the phone assured me they will send me a replacement and encouraged me to get my set back to S@H. Now the story is changing... So, there is a chance that I may end up with 0 sets at the end. What an outrage! :angry: Now I am sorry that I sent my original set back to S@H for replacement. :cry_sad:

Well, for these of you who may have one of the polybaggilated sets and are contemplating getting a replacement from LEGO... DON'T do it - you may end up with a refund at the end.

Now, I just had a chat with a lady from CS and she told me, horror of horrors, that she cannot tell me for sure whether S@H will be able to ship me a replacement for my damaged set at all. I would have to wait until 22 August, when they receive the second batch of sets, to find out whether I would be getting a set or a refund!!! :look: When I called in yesterday to report my damaged set, the lady on the phone assured me they will send me a replacement and encouraged me to get my set back to S@H. Now the story is changing... So, there is a chance that I may end up with 0 sets at the end. What an outrage! :angry: Now I am sorry that I sent my original set back to S@H for replacement. :cry_sad:

Well, for these of you who may have one of the polybaggilated sets and are contemplating getting a replacement from LEGO... DON'T do it - you may end up with a refund at the end.

Wow, that's disgraceful! You shouldn't lose out because of their shoddy packaging!

I ordered it on evening of 1st Aug, and still in process, that's not fair :laugh:

And now shipped too :)

One would hope there are some kind of protections or recourse for you should they not send you a replacement and just try to refund at this stage given you took possession?

Basically it would be like you sent something back for repair, and instead of repairing it they sold it to someone else and sent you a refund... After all that set is 1 of the 20000, I would be dissappointed if they just chucked it due to a faulty box.

Really though I think we should have faith that LEGO will handle this appropriately (at the end of the day they too could go to the aftermarket to make something right)

My order has been shipped!! Whoohoo.

Sooner than expected! Joy!

Mine has shipped.

Same here!!

Lego still doesn't know what they are going to do about damaged boxes yet, but they did tell my best friend to take pics of his punctures in his sets and send them in to them... I took the pics for him earlier today.. The box being in nice condiition is a key part of what makes this set so special considering that it is so unique..

So they really are all sold out now? Excuse me while I go swear profusely and loudly on the back porch. I was really looking forward to pick one up!

One would hope there are some kind of protections or recourse for you should they not send you a replacement and just try to refund at this stage given you took possession?

Basically it would be like you sent something back for repair, and instead of repairing it they sold it to someone else and sent you a refund... After all that set is 1 of the 20000, I would be dissappointed if they just chucked it due to a faulty box.

That's exactly the thought that occurred to me when she said that I'd have to wait until Aug 22 to find out whether I will be getting a replacement or a refund. I immediately asked her if it happens that all they can do is a refund, can they at least send me the damaged set back? She said "no, once the set is damaged, we won't sell it to anyone" (whatever it could mean). I protested that this will be terrible if someone would not get a set after going through all this. She agreed and reiterated that she wasn't saying that I won't get a set, just that they don't know if they will be able to.

I will give them a week worth of breathing room, and get back on the phone with them about this, since I can't accept ending up with 0 sets without any push back.

Really though I think we should have faith that LEGO will handle this appropriately (at the end of the day they too could go to the aftermarket to make something right)

Yes, I too have faith that LEGO will do what's right, even if they are hesitant to say they will. All the S@H/CS people I talked to have been very nice, so I don't have a reason to think that they will screw this one up so bad. LEGO have worked hard on building and maintaining their great reputation. It will make no sense for them to risk this negative publicity. I think LEGO know full well that a big part of what makes them great is that they are in touch with their fan base and listening to them (over the last decade, at least). I don't see Megablocks having any loyal fan sites, markets, and clubs, which make a big part of the LEGO appeal and brand value.

They took a lot or risk with this set and could not have possibly anticipated what would happen. I am sure they are doing their best to manage the situation. Even with all this repackaging and what not, I think this 41999 stunt will pay off beautifully for Technic, since the (mostly positive) publicity they are getting is priceless. Never have I seen so much excitement for a LEGO set before. This is history in the making!

Lego still doesn't know what they are going to do about damaged boxes yet, but they did tell my best friend to take pics of his punctures in his sets and send them in to them... I took the pics for him earlier today.. The box being in nice condiition is a key part of what makes this set so special considering that it is so unique..

I am glad to hear that they are looking for a way to address this problem. Please do share any new info that you get.

Edited by DrFrankenstein

I ordered mine between 11:00am and 12:30pm (EST), August 1st, after it was on "out of stock" with S@H saying, "able to ship August 16th". After a few days "in process" and a few more in "customer service/back order", I received shipment confirmation on the 6th or 7th with the package arriving the 8th. Quite pleased, as I was afraid I may have missed or had a messed up order due to the system backup :classic:

So they really are all sold out now? Excuse me while I go swear profusely and loudly on the back porch. I was really looking forward to pick one up!

I'm stunned that this set has sold out in only a few days. I thought 20,000 copies would last a few weeks. I was holding off on buying it because I was waiting for the free mini VW camper van offer next month.

It wouldn't surprise me if large numbers of this set were bought by scalpers. There are already plenty of copies turning up on ebay at three times the original price.

Edited by Sabreman64

I'm surprised people are already buying the set or 2x MSRP, since it was available for most of a week. I would have thought anyone who had that much money would just have gone and ordered it.

My box is slightly damaged, no holes but a small part of the printed area was torn off. Not gonna do anything about it, not worth the hassle.

Edited by S.I