peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

The Dutch and German S@H sites also indicate that it is sold out. Maybe the European stock is out, but there is still some stock in the US left?

Your right, it's sold out in the Dutch store.

In Germany its sold out now, but I think everybody who ordered one will get one... Every order is manually approved by the customer service. So they do exactly know how much orders they have (and how many they have in stock). And from what I know from my friends and myself they do not accept payment by invoice. So many people including me paid in advance. Also some already got the mini mech. So it doesnt make any sense, that they start canceling now orders. From the economic sight, this would be absolutly ridiculous.

I know from the past, that very good offers are sometimes oversold when tons of people order them the same time. But as said, Lego approves every single order with a 41999 in it, so this should normally not happen.

This is turning into Crawler Gate :laugh:

Edited by Gekke Ted

My order has gone from Backordered to Customer Service and the UK site now says Sold Out.

I will be very annoyed if I end up not getting my order. I ordered this very early on at 23:45 on the 31st July. Terrible terrible customer service considering how special this set is.

eek! I ordered at around 10am (UK time) on the 1st and mine has moved from 'backordered' to 'in process' - it would really suck if you don't get one as you ordered almost 12 hours before I did.

I have cut my losses with the site shop and rang around and luckily found some stock. Paid for it over the phone and can pick it up tomorrow morning.

LEGO Liverpool have 8 and LEGO Manchester now have 2.

I have cut my losses with the site shop and rang around and luckily found some stock. Paid for it over the phone and can pick it up tomorrow morning.

Excellent, do you live far from either? My nearest stores are both 2 hour (horrible) drives away, so I rely on the site really :(

The Lego Store in Glasgow had a few 41999 sets for sale when I was there yesterday. I was told they had received a delivery on Wednesday.

It seems that the crawler on S@H is not Sold Out anymore. Every country has them on delay till the 19. September. It's strange that they keep changing the dates.

It seems that the crawler on S@H is not Sold Out anymore. Every country has them on delay till the 19. September. It's strange that they keep changing the dates.

I would like to be on the sales department of TLG right now. Reading this forum all day, making changes to the availability now and then :laugh:

Yay! My set just got shipped (even though they told me it will be at 22nd of August) :)

Yes they are "back" now... This changes might be because of the "verification process" of every single order... Seems they canceled again some "multi-orders"

Great!

Mine ordered on 2nd August,... got information that shipping will be postponed today at 1am and now the status changed to shipped :)

OMG!!! Status changed to shipped! Free beers for everyone on the forum. :laugh:

OMG!!! Status changed to shipped! Free beers for everyone on the forum. :laugh:

Thanks mate! Cheers :wink:

Although I am supposed to be in the second batch, I am looking at my mailbox with great anticipation :drool:

Changed to in process!

Good for you!! And now you wait...some more :laugh:

It just went from Sold out to Out of Stock again in the Austrian S@H - placed my order, currently it says expected shipping date Sept 19. Crossing my fingers that it will actually work out.

This is turning into Crawler Gate :laugh:

Ha!

So, when all copies are spoken for, who gets the display models in all the LEGO stores around the globe? And I wonder if the employees of each store have a lottery or something - any insiders know?

It just went from Sold out to Out of Stock again in the Austrian S@H - placed my order, currently it says expected shipping date Sept 19. Crossing my fingers that it will actually work out.

And Sold Out again :)

So, when all copies are spoken for, who gets the display models in all the LEGO stores around the globe? And I wonder if the employees of each store have a lottery or something - any insiders know?

I bet they sell them as "open-box" items or they return them to TLG for spare parts / missing piece inventory.