peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

A question to those of you who already got it and paid with credit card.

Do they charge the card same day as the ship it or charged a few days later?

Mine seems to have been formally charged the day after shipping (shipped on the 2nd, charged on the 3rd). The amount was reserved on my account quite immediately after placing the order, though.

Mine seems to have been formally charged the day after shipping (shipped on the 2nd, charged on the 3rd). The amount was reserved on my account quite immediately after placing the order, though.

Okay. The reservation was still there until it was shipped?

Okay. The reservation was still there until it was shipped?

I think so, but that depends entirely on the bank. If nothing happens with the reservation for a week or two, I think most banks drops it.

I ordered mine today when was available, now is again sold out. The order status now says that it is in "customer service"...I have the fear that will be cancelled...

Someone in my same condition?

I ordered mine today when was available, now is again sold out. The order status now says that it is in "customer service"...I have the fear that will be cancelled...

Someone in my same condition?

"Customer Service" means that CS is checking the order, to make sure that you haven't ordered more 41999's to the same address or similar. They want to make sure that investors/resellers don't buy up all the limited edition stock. If you managed to order when it was available and there's no problems with your order (like problems with your credit card), I think there's a high probability you'll get the set.

I bought a 41999 today at the LEGO shop in Milton Keynes. I live in London and on Saturday I phoned around LEGO shops in and near London. They had some at the Milton Keynes shop, and reserved one for me to collect today.

When I phoned the London Westfield shop, the guy I spoke to said something about them getting some 41999s delivered on Tuesday the 13th (tomorrow) and to try phoning them at about 12 noon to reserve one. I opted for the Milton Keynes shop since they actually had them in stock when I phoned. Anyone in or near London who wants a 41999 could try phoning the London Westfield shop tomorrow. I don't know how reliable the info was that the guy at Westfield gave me, but it's worth a try phoning them.

Edited by Sabreman64

My online order has now shipped!

Almost safe :wink:

First one here? There is hope! haha What delivery did you get?

It was not Aus Post it was TNT via fed ex or Aus Air express, Something like that. I'm just going from memory as I am at work and the box is at home :)

Curiously enough, the second 41999 that I ordered on 6 August, just after I received the damaged 41999-17104, got shipped from S@H today. Yeah, baby!... Too bad I am leaving on an extended business trip and won't be around to see it until November, but heck. :grin:

As for the replacement set for 41999-17104 that I returned, it is still in "Customer Service" status. But since they shipped a set to me already, I won't bug them about this one. We will just see how it will play out. :sadnew:

Happy day, once again! :laugh:

I agree with you, I'm not actually annoyed by people buying up freely available sets to sell at a later date for profit - they are value adding in the way you describe. (I've also been a happy customer of them too, having gotten a 10179 and 8880 for reasonable prices).

I'm really just specifically referring to this set,

There is one part that annoys me about some 41999 resellers though: the ones that have multiple sets for sale, they knowingly broke the rules (there was a 2-set limit per costumer).

Should Lego produce another batch of 41999?

And put us through these shenanigans again? No.

Next batch may pull down those high speculative prices. It would be nice.

The Lego Technic fan public must demand another batch and transparent distribution mechanism.

Do we know that all 20,000 have already been sold? Maybe LEGO only made 5,000 or 10,000 and those are the sets that are sold out. Maybe the rest of the 20,000 have yet to be produced? I don't know. I'm a bit surprised they sold out so fast, but the model did get some attention outside of the normal LEGO community.

I think this model brought a lot of attention to the Technic line, and for that I'm thankful.

The whole fan created set was a genius marketing idea for LEGO, and I'm curious to see if they do something like this again.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Probably a dumb question, but why is this referred to as a 'BOSS'? I thought it was a Challenger, or is the 'BOSS' a reference to something else? :classic:

Boss is the name of rm8's entry in Technic challange. You can check his threadhere.

mine arrived today in the early morning,... but I had no time before business to check for the number plate right now...

Do we know that all 20,000 have already been sold? Maybe LEGO only made 5,000 or 10,000 and those are the sets that are sold out. Maybe the rest of the 20,000 have yet to be produced? I don't know.

From TLG through Kim T:

Since only 20.000 copies were/are made - this is probably being sold out pretty fast everywhere.

I've just had confirmation that the backorder sets on S@H are indeed part of the 20.000 sets produced, so they will be exclusive and I have also been reaffirmed that only 20.000 copies will be made of this set.

The reason for the sets being backordered is that 3000 boxes have been withdrawn from the market because of minor damage to the box.

New boxes have been ordered and they will all be manually repacked.

Hence the delay in shipping them out.

And to answer the question why TRU has had it for sale:

TRU US has secured a deal that gave them a portion of the 41999 to sell as part of the LEGO Technic Marketing efforts.

Got an email from Lego, mine was shipped last night yey!

I expect it to arrive within 2-3 days :classic:

dhl_zpsfca71c09.jpg

Not especially

7.5 lbs ≈ 3.4 kg

Mine was listed as 3.7 kg by TNT Post, for just one set.

They often mention a weight higher than the actual one.

The set weights nearly 3 kg according to Bricklink.

Only 1 set. I'm surprised its that heavy!

I got one too! but my summary doesn't say Australia on it? Did yours say Switzerland? :look: