peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

I start this thread not to mess 41999 review or 2h2013 threads anymore.

What we know so far*:

1. Placing a first order ever in S@H triggers extended procedure of payment verification - and in effect it delays shipping

2. "Backtracked" order status means that you will (almost for sure - but I do not know every case) receive your set after 22nd of August - then the second batch will be ready for shipping

3. If you have placed an order in the morning or later - when the "Out of stock" information was already there - there is a high possibility that you will not get your set - you need to verify this by calling Customer Support and giving them your order number

4. Lego employees are manually verifying every order - and they started at 7am (1st of August) - so number of sets left for potential "daylight"/"next day" buyers is not yet known.

*Based on few emails to Customer Support, one call and experience of other buyers - might not be an objective and unquestionable truth

Please feel free to spam this thread with your questions, case descriptions - share your knowledge to help and comfort your fellow 41999 fans :)

Edited by peter_m

Just one thing... Did anyone of the top 100 get their sets yet, or is mine lost in mail? I am quite worried seeing normal buyser got it already and not the winners.

Okay, I'll put my thoughts here from the review topic just to keep the conversation going....

OMG, the wait is murderous. I made sure I'm living in a country where TLG will seed a large amount of sets to, I made sure to order the item as soon as it becomes available, and I made sure to give them all the right order information. It's day 2 now and my order has only gone from Customer Service to getting stuck at In Process, while I see other US AFOL getting theirs shipped or delivered. This is stressing me out to no end! I'll have to call TLG customer service again today.

Did you get a shipping notice yet for your freebie? And are you a first time buyer on S@H? That could be why...

How many of you are in my situation- had their mini-mech shipped out, but crawler still backordered?

My status for the freebie shipped out yesterday and the BOSS crawler now went from "back ordered" to "In Process". Saw that my credit card has been charged too. So hopefully the next step is shipping for 41999. FYI, I ordered at midnight in the westcost USA and was in back ordered limbo until this morning at 9:00 am.

I've been a VIP member for quite a while and this is not my first time shopping at S@H.

Just got off the phone with Jane at TLG, gave me a live update that my order is getting packed at the warehouse waiting for FedEx pickup! OMG! /faints

I ordered one copy with the DeLorean (and free hot dog cart) at 8.30p PDT on Wednesday. Shipped yesterday morning.

This is not my first time ordering from S@H. I'm on the west coast US. Ordered within 10min after the item came live PST (I believe it came live at 830 PST).

All the items have same status, in process, which I assume will come in 1 shipment.

Ps. A call to TLG got me the update that theyre packing my stuff for shipment at the warehouse, awaiting FedEx pickup.

Edited by FuzzyBallz

Just one thing... Did anyone of the top 100 get their sets yet, or is mine lost in mail? I am quite worried seeing normal buyser got it already and not the winners.

Best Zblj,

Like you i have not got any mail ore phone when we get our price.

I think TLG will wait a little that we can't speculate with it.

Edited by VFracingteam

It would be funny to see anyone try to sell a copy of 41999 on BL or eBay with a license no. exceeding 20.000, and then get caught because they missed the fact it only goes to 20.000 :laugh:

I'm sure someone's gonna try that in the near future (and likely get caught lol) seeing how the value of this set went from exclusively ridiculous to ludicrously expensive in less than two days...

I'm sure someone's gonna try that in the near future (and likely get caught lol) seeing how the value of this set went from exclusively ridiculous to ludicrously expensive in less than two days...

Thats correct - I am absolutely shocked how the prices went up. Imagine how it would be if tomorrow the message will come that all 20 000 are sold with the backorded ones.

I assume then there will be a next price explosion. I do not think, that this is what Lego wants with its products. On the other hand it is a mega push on the image of the brand.

PS: Mine is shipped yet :O)

Edited by dragofoscar

Not to mention seemingly sold out in like 7-8 hours.

I went to my local Lego store about an hour before opening yesterday to make sure that I'd be first in any line that formed for the set. When the store opened, there was just one other person - who along with myself immediatley went straight for the crawler.

The box is definitely a thing of beauty. The grainy texture with glossy details immediately make it it look and feel like a high-qulaity product. The build was enjoyable, taking around 5 hours at a somewhat leisurely pace while watching movies. I made sure all my batteries were getting charged up and ready to go in the meantime. The finished truck is georgeous. Definitely the best looking Technic set that I own, and arguably the most stylish model ever made. I've been playing around with it pretty much non-stop. Even though I watched lots of videos of it in action, it seems slower in person than anticipated. On the other hand, I'm pretty pleased with its performance - I've been putting obstacles all over my apartment for it to run over, and it's doing a pretty good job. I'm noticing the tires slipping on the hubs frequently which is unfortunate. I'd also like the mod the steering so that the turning radius is a bit tighter. Otherwsie I'm extremely satisfied with the whole kit. My number is 03315.

I do not think that they are completely sold out. The site shop.lego.com shows in the US:

Out of stock, expected ship date 17 Aug 2013.

They may be sold out in some places, but I think in the US you can still buy them on shop.lego.com.

I went to my local Lego store about an hour before opening yesterday to make sure that I'd be first in any line that formed for the set. When the store opened, there was just one other person - who along with myself immediatley went straight for the crawler..

The ultimate dream situation - you want something badly, and almost no one else meet up to buy the same thing :laugh:

3. If you have placed an order in the morning or later - when the "Out of stock" information was already there - there is a high possibility that you will not get your set - you need to verify this by calling Customer Support and giving them your order number

4. Lego employees are manually verifying every order - and they started at 7am (1st of August) - so number of sets left for potential "daylight"/"next day" buyers is not yet known.

Number 3 is wrong. They have still not sold the 20k yet. Their servers we hammered initially but fully functioning the next day so they know exactly how many have been ordered. When we move to "call for product availability" is when we are getting close to being sold out of the total 20k. You can order right now and still receive the set in 3 weeks.

Number 4 I would take with a grain of salt. Manually checking every order? Does not sound believable to me. More like automatically scanning for duplicate orders placed with the same credit card and then manually cancelling those above the limits.

Edited by doriansdad

Number 3 is wrong. They have still not sold the 20k yet. Their servers we hammered initially but fully functioning the next day so they know exactly how many have been ordered. When we move to "call for product availability" is when we are getting close to being sold out of the total 20k. You can order right now and still receive the set in 3 weeks.

The Support lady stated so - I believe some of the orders are being cancelled because the credit cards cannot be charged, or the limits are exceeded.

Number 4 I would take with a grain of salt. Manually checking every order? Does not sound believable to me. More like automatgically scanning for duplicate orders placed with the same credit card and then manually cancelling those above the limits.

"Manually" was also a word that she used.

Like Blackbird said earlier, I don't think either TLG or good portion of the Lego community saw just how much drama this set would stir. Or maybe they did, I don't know.

However. TLG was conscious of the fact that at only 20,000 units, there would be a bit of a scuffle on who got them first, so they should of simply capped the buying limit to one 41999 set per person. I imagine there would've been an uproar if TLG decided to do that, since I understand some people make a living from selling Lego sets. That said, it isn't fair to every other Technic fan who appreciates the play and emotional value of this set who's realized they can't get it anymore - simply because one person decided to hoard several copies for themselves or their business.

I feel fortunate to of gotten mine just yesterday, after I called the Lego store near me and placed it on hold for me to pick it up. They had nine (9) in stock yesterday morning. By the time I arrived at the store around 4:30 in the afternoon (since I had to go to work) there were two left - the one I kept on hold, and another on the store shelf (ironically, right beside 9398). While chatting with the cashier, he told me someone had bought four (4) 41999's just two hours before I showed up to pick mine up. I'm sorry, but someone forking out $1,120 (est.) to turn a profit and rob everyone else of the chance to have this set is just plain wrong.

And while I cannot verify if the cashier was 100% telling the truth, I still believe someone is capable enough of such a thing, given the mass mania surrounding 41999.

But hey, those are the ropes I guess...

You received incorrect information. The protocol is to move to "call for product availability" when the limits are reached. No doubt your support lady was talking about the first batch. You can still order and receive one of 20k but you will be waiting for the second/third batch. If your freebie moves to in process you will receive your entire order.

I agree. When it comes to special limited sets like 41999, they should put a limit of 1 per customer, to allow more people who really wanted it, to buy it.

[...]

Did anyone else notice that these come from the future?

img_0398.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: That's why this is a limited edition, it took a lot of effort to get them from the future :tongue:

You received incorrect information. The protocol is to move to "call for product availability" when the limits are reached. No doubt your support lady was talking about the first batch. You can still order and receive one of 20k but you will be waiting for the second/third batch. If your freebie moves to in process you will receive your entire order.

So if I DID get a message that my mini-mech freebie has shipped, then it confirms that I WILL be getting my 41999 eventually??? :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

Edited by SheepEater

Like Blackbird said earlier, I don't think either TLG or good portion of the Lego community saw just how much drama this set would stir. Or maybe they did, I don't know.

However. TLG was conscious of the fact that at only 20,000 units, there would be a bit of a scuffle on who got them first, so they should of simply capped the buying limit to one 41999 set per person. I imagine there would've been an uproar if TLG decided to do that, since I understand some people make a living from selling Lego sets. That said, it isn't fair to every other Technic fan who appreciates the play and emotional value of this set who's realized they can't get it anymore - simply because one person decided to hoard several copies for themselves or their business.

I feel fortunate to of gotten mine just yesterday, after I called the Lego store near me and placed it on hold for me to pick it up. They had nine (9) in stock yesterday morning. By the time I arrived at the store around 4:30 in the afternoon (since I had to go to work) there were two left - the one I kept on hold, and another on the store shelf (ironically, right beside 9398). While chatting with the cashier, he told me someone had bought four (4) 41999's just two hours before I showed up to pick mine up. I'm sorry, but someone forking out $1,120 (est.) to turn a profit and rob everyone else of the chance to have this set is just plain wrong.

And while I cannot verify if the cashier was 100% telling the truth, I still believe someone is capable enough of such a thing, given the mass mania surrounding 41999.

But hey, those are the ropes I guess...

Which store in Canada did you go to?

I'm in this very situation and wondering whether I'll be one of the lucky few. I ordered mine at 00:03 GMT and received the confirmation email at 00:24 GMT. It's not my first order as I've ordered from S@H many times.

Just had notification from Lego that my 41999 has been shipped.

Yippieeeee!