I am a proud owner but am I the only one that thinks the profile proportion is way off??? The wheelbase is way to short for the body it looks funny. I'm working on modding and improving the wheelbase at the moment. Will post when done.

I already posted this somewhere, but I totally agree. It's an awesome looking model, but from the side something is just not right. Would love to see a different wheelbase. Maybe a contest :laugh:

I already posted this somewhere, but I totally agree. It's an awesome looking model, but from the side something is just not right. Would love to see a different wheelbase. Maybe a contest :laugh:

It is COMPACT muscle car;)

May be smaller wheels?

Edited by rm8

It is COMPACT muscle car;)

May be smaller wheels?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the overall design. From most angles it looks absolutely fantastic. And in no way I could create a design like this. But still.... :laugh:

1968-Shelby-Mustang-EXP-500-Prototype-side-view-623x389.jpg

9183006392_35ccb8c390.jpg

Maybe it's the wheels that are too big proportionally, but making them smaller would even look weirder, cause it's still a crawler.

Guess it's just the "hybridness" of the model, combining the muscle car with the crawler.

Still, I am really interested to see a wheelbase 2 or 4 studs longer.

PS I must admit that now I am looking more and more I get used to it :wink:

Edited by Ted

56's whells

2013_%2525207_%2525205_%2525202_45.jpg

2013_%2525207_%2525205_%2525202_45.jpg

Wheel arches too small and low.

Edited by rm8

41999L.png

Very simple photoshop

Edited by Ted

With such longer wheel base you'll be hitting the body, when spring compresses. So you'll need either lift up the arches, or move respective ones to the front and rear, but this will again make wheelbase appearing shorter.

Edited by zux

thats the reason why i build a complete new chassis

edit

please note that the rear wheels only placed for this picture, because iam waiting for the buggy motors

9562051626_0e746fce8c_z.jpg

Edited by efferman

That really does look great, Efferman. Packin' that 8th Gen. Chevy Suburban vibe.

Which wheels / tires are those? They look nice.

thats the reason why i build a complete new chassis

edit

please note that the rear wheels only placed for this picture, because iam waiting for the buggy motors

9562051626_0e746fce8c_z.jpg

I think the front end is kind of ugly without the bumpers

The chassis is a couple studs too long and a lot to be done... or scraped, It is a silly idea, but somehow love it :grin:

A work in progress...

http://youtu.be/SdUwsmFWDMY

Real gangsta!

Oh, you could modify the roof above the driver seat to look torn open and get one of the large Hulk figs to put behind the wheel, that would look even better :laugh: although it might be a bit too bit to fit in...

Hulk_Lego.jpeg

Oh, you could modify the roof above the driver seat to look torn open and get one of the large Hulk figs to put behind the wheel, that would look even better :laugh: although it might be a bit too bit to fit in...

I think he would fit in there, remove the battery box and move some cables around :)

If you removed the battery box, how would it drive?

Hulk power, fred flintstone drive :D

Edited by JM1971

so the gear swap on the motors was not that great. I didn't even have enought torque for flat carpet at that point. I am wondering if someone could share some ideas on how to speed it up without sacrificing torque? Or maybe putting in a 2-speed gearbox so it can be switched from high mode to low mode as needed?