Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Introduction and Discussion

I agree with Jacob Nion. Do whatever you want. But I read a comic about the elite guards today and remind that you have to kill your best friend to become a guard

:classic:

I agree with Jacob Nion. Do whatever you want. But I read a comic about the elite guards today and remind that you have to kill your best friend to become a guard

I could TOTALLY make that work. (Don't worry BEAVeR, while you're my SoNE bestie, you're nonetheless safe)

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Does anybody disagree?

But I read a comic about the elite guards today and remind that you have to kill your best friend to become a guard

That's one less Imp to deal with, so I'm good :wink:

Goatman I think you should consider what will you do in SoNE as an Ellite Guard... Will all your future entry depict guarding someone or something? I'm not against it, I'm just wondering if it is a good thing role-playing wise...

Yes, I agree with that the higher you get, the less possibilities you have (which kinda sux). That's why markus and Disco are staying troopers, else they wouldn't be able to mess around in couple all the time ...

I'm guessing you just 'shopped that together, Goatman? Yup, I agree too that over 100 or so XP you should be allowed to do what you want. :wink:

I agree that at 100+ you have open doors, but picking a unit solely dedicated to the protection of the emperor might be rather limiting. They had some other very specific minor tasks, but given their low numbers and limited scope you might run into issues.

I agree that at 100+ you have open doors, but picking a unit solely dedicated to the protection of the emperor might be rather limiting. They had some other very specific minor tasks, but given their low numbers and limited scope you might run into issues.

Well it is himself he is limiting, and Goatman obviously has an idea...

Well it is himself he is limiting, and Goatman obviously has an idea...

I love Goatman's stuff so I'd be curious to see where it went, I'm just saying that is a group with a very limited purpose and task. And you never leave, so it isn't like you get promoted out of it, pretty much the only way out is permanent.

But if he thinks he can make it work that is obviously his call. At the 100 mark the sky is the limit.

I love Goatman's stuff so I'd be curious to see where it went, I'm just saying that is a group with a very limited purpose and task. And you never leave, so it isn't like you get promoted out of it, pretty much the only way out is permanent.

But if he thinks he can make it work that is obviously his call. At the 100 mark the sky is the limit.

I don't feel particularly limited by the EU. I'm sure there are lots of great stories there, but they aren't canon so I feel like I can just pick and choose where I see fit.

I'm thinking I'll take my time getting Goatm into Guard training, do some boot-camp-like MOCs, join the Guard as an assassin and just hop around the galaxy killing people (which Goatm kind of already does) until the Emperor dies, which I'm assuming will happen in SoNE once TFA comes out?

I hadn't considered what happens with TFA. Is the plan to just continue on with episodes or hit the big reset button or there is no plan yet?

I'm thinking I'll take my time getting Goatm into Guard training, do some boot-camp-like MOCs, join the Guard as an assassin and just hop around the galaxy killing people (which Goatm kind of already does) until the Emperor dies, which I'm assuming will happen in SoNE once TFA comes out?

Yep, being a Guard really fits with Goatm's hobbies. :grin:

Is it possible for my protagonist to be something other then a private soldier? Can he be a spy?

Is it possible for my protagonist to be something other then a private soldier? Can he be a spy?

I'm not sure it'd be appropriate to start out as a spy. Maybe as an Imperial technician you could work your way up to a spy, or start as a Rebel pilot and turn on them (which might mean losing all your XP). The real question would be: "What kind of MOCs do you want to build?" and/or "What kind of story do you want to tell?"

On the other hand, a good story arc might be a stormtrooper that joined after defecting from the Rebelion and has to deal with distrust among his peers and loss of the prestige and excitement he had as a spy. Freebuilds could be used to show past spying that forced your character to join the Empire.

Starting as a spy is kind of outside what a regular trooper would do. As you gain rank you can start to do spy work, but for your first builds you should show your character working his way up in the rebellion from the bottom. There are a lot of ways you can show this happening. It will also help you become a better SW builder (the real purpose of SoNE after all!) and you'll be able to start your spy work in no time!

I see that my Index Picture is my regular avatar.

It would be great if you could change that picture in the Index.

Index Picture:

15851173404_7dd995af61_o.jpg

Regarding Goatman461's rank, I think if he's willing to do that he's welcome, but he might want to look into the Shadow Guards or the Inquisitorius as well. I have no problem with it, though, and I wouldn't put it past Goatm An to fake his own death or something similarly elaborate if he ever wants out.

Regarding profile pictures, I have a change coming today or tomorrow. Stay tuned for updates as I am able to prepare and take the picture.

Regarding Goatman461's rank, I think if he's willing to do that he's welcome, but he might want to look into the Shadow Guards or the Inquisitorius as well. I have no problem with it, though, and I wouldn't put it past Goatm An to fake his own death or something similarly elaborate if he ever wants out.

Regarding profile pictures, I have a change coming today or tomorrow. Stay tuned for updates as I am able to prepare and take the picture.

Me too. I need a parade like the Emperor's for Tyrus' new outfit. :sweet: Edited by Lord Tyrus

I'll be waiting a while. It's hard to get much daylight time when you work the day shift during the winter in Minnesota.