Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Introduction and Discussion

That should be fine. I wouldn't have a problem with doing a combined shot, too. Just show the raw shots under a spoiler tag so the judges can tell what is what. 

I also think it's okay to make a build seem bigger through editing. A few episodes back I shot a single hangar bay 6 times with different ships and minifigs arranged, then layered them together to make a "larger" hangar. Shouldn't be a problem in LDD, either

The thing to avoid with LDD, IMO, is connections that defy the laws of physics, using parts that don't exist or are especially rare, and poor rendering. Each judge seems to see this topic a little differently, but I think that makes for better judging

Okay, thanks for clarifying this.  I don't even know if I will use this, but I thought better be safe than sorry and just ask in case.

Hello everyone! We are almost ready to start the next SoNE contest. As many of you have gathered, it will be the last contest of SoNE 1.0. We are very excited to be working on SoNE 2.0 and we plan to have it ready shortly after the next contest ends. 2.0 will be set after Episode 6, but before Episode 7. (Think Aftermath Era) We want you all to know this so you can plan ahead on your story building! You will be able to continuing using your same characters, and the new rules will allow for much more role-playing flexibility.

Our next episode will require teamwork, so we'd like to start some recruiting efforts to get more people on board. To begin with, we'd like to allow an exception to the rules to let anyone who wants to build for the Alphabet Contest also post it as a freebuild for SoNE. We will not count this freebuild toward the 4 limit count, which means if you build for the Alphabet Contest you can have a total of 5 freebuilds before the next contest starts. Also, you can earn normal XP amounts for the freebuild.

3 hours ago, Markov Zinhae said:

I would like to be a Rebel recruit. I was rallied to the cause by MKJoshA .

Welcome!  It'll be good to have some more rebel builders - we don't want the Empire to win too easily :-)

On 11/22/2017 at 8:34 PM, Markov Zinhae said:

I would like to be a Rebel recruit. I was rallied to the cause by MKJoshA .

Great! I've added you to the index.

I would like to join the Empire (I have more Lego pieces in my collection that could more easily be used to build Empire mocs) Is this all I have to do to join?

1 minute ago, MovieMocs said:

I would like to join the Empire (I have more Lego pieces in my collection that could more easily be used to build Empire mocs) Is this all I have to do to join?

That's all you have to do! I'll get you added to the index tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be added to the Empire PM soon.

6 hours ago, DarthsDonuts54 said:

Hello, I would like to join the Empire as a Stormtrooper.

Excellent! I'll get you in the index later today.

17 hours ago, MovieMocs said:

13 hours ago, DarthsDonuts54 said:

Hello, I would like to join the Empire as a Stormtrooper.

Alright, you've both been added to the Index. Feel free to share a 100x100 avatar if you want me to include it.

1 hour ago, MovieMocs said:

@MKJoshA

Awesome! Does it have to be a storm trooper or can I choose someone else?

It can be any picture of your character. You should check out the index to get some ideas.

31 minutes ago, DarthsDonuts54 said:

Question: for our MOCs are any kind of pre-formed pieces (i.e. BURPs, etc.) allowed?

We don't discriminate against any official LEGO pieces, so BURPs are perfectly fine. If you really want to go crazy and include official LEGO watches, notebooks or ice cube trays in your MOC,go ahead an try it. As long as it's officially made by LEGO you're fine, you'll just have to find away to make it work to get a nice qualitative entry.

Now I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to incorporate ice cube trays into future builds :snicker: I'm thinking of some  kind of carbonite freezing facility... :smug:

On 12/5/2017 at 12:16 AM, Cody Startale said:

Now I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to incorporate ice cube trays into future builds :snicker: I'm thinking of some  kind of carbonite freezing facility... :smug:

LOL, that'll be something to see :laugh:  

I was pretty proud of my Andromeda's Gates introduction shot, which used a LEGO store promotional poster as a backdrop:

Spoiler

17724481749_155cca7841_c.jpg

17724499909_874f0b68e9_z.jpg

Alright, let's become one with the bad! I would like to join the Empire, as I feel that I could do better building for them.

31 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

Alright, let's become one with the bad! I would like to join the Empire, as I feel that I could do better building for them.

Welcome! Would you like to sign up as a Stormtrooper or a Pilot?

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Welcome! Would you like to sign up as a Stormtrooper or a Pilot?

What's the difference?