Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Introduction and Discussion

2 minutes ago, Chrome Bricks said:

Is this technique specific to LDD or Windows? I'm running on Mac, and I wanted to take a photo rather than a screenshot, so I don't have any clue to what you're saying, sorry...

Nonetheless, thanks for replying @VaderFan2187.

It's on eurobricks. You post the image to eurobricks, select it, and then resize it on eurobricks. (Only problem is you'll have to resize it every time.)

And I'm on mac too. :classic:

Edited by VaderFan2187

59 minutes ago, Chrome Bricks said:

Is this technique specific to LDD or Windows? I'm running on Mac, and I wanted to take a photo rather than a screenshot, so I don't have any clue to what you're saying, sorry...

Nonetheless, thanks for replying @VaderFan2187.

Do you have your photo on the computer? If so, on Mac, you can simple adjust the image size even in the preview app. Just open your photo with the default Preview, and in the menu there's a "Tools" option. You will find an "Adjust Size... " option there that lets you scale your image. You can also crop it there.

Cropping and scaling your images is something you will be doing often when posting photos online for Nar Eurbrikka, so it's a good idea for you to become familiar with it. :classic:

Welcome to SoNE, you both! It has been a bit quiet of late here since real life is getting in the way, but we're still working on the next episode. In the meantime you can already start to build, even though you haven't been added to the Player Index yet. That's just a formality. Right now, you can read the Core Rules and take your time to come up with interesting builds and stories. We can't wait to see what you have in store!

As for pictures, you can always edit your images in an image editor such as GIMP. That's a free open source alternative to photoshop in which you can resize images, adjust the colors, add special effects... The internet is full of handy tutorials. The signature isn't mandatory, but it is a fun thing to let people see who you are in our game and where you stand. Again, don't be afraid to use it even though you haven't been added to the index yet.

1 hour ago, Cody Startale said:

Just open your photo with the default Preview, and in the menu there's a "Tools" option. You will find an "Adjust Size... " option there that lets you scale your image. You can also crop it there.

Interesting, will attempt to edit pics with Preview ASAP, freebuilds are waiting to be built, know what I'm saying? Thanks Cody! :laugh:

1 hour ago, BEAVeR said:

Welcome to SoNE, you both! It has been a bit quiet of late here since real life is getting in the way, but we're still working on the next episode. In the meantime you can already start to build, even though you haven't been added to the Player Index yet. That's just a formality. Right now, you can read the Core Rules and take your time to come up with interesting builds and stories. We can't wait to see what you have in store!

As for pictures, you can always edit your images in an image editor such as GIMP. That's a free open source alternative to photoshop in which you can resize images, adjust the colors, add special effects... The internet is full of handy tutorials. The signature isn't mandatory, but it is a fun thing to let people see who you are in our game and where you stand. Again, don't be afraid to use it even though you haven't been added to the index yet.

Excellent, thanks for clarifying things and the suggestions, BEAVeR! :laugh:

1 hour ago, BEAVeR said:

Thanks @BEAVeR :sweet:

However I would like to know if it is OK if I do not edit my images -- aka leave them against LDD's own backgrounds?

On 1/17/2017 at 8:48 AM, Chrome Bricks said:

I would like to join the Rebellion as a pilot, gimme a fleshy guy, I'll provide a sigfig soon enough. Could I just be called Chrome? It seems more reasonable.

Also, I got a few questions, if you don't mind:

Since Ep. XIII is done (I think), what can I still post until Ep. XIV starts, and when will it start? 

Also, (this might seem a little stupid, but...) do the freebuilds necessarily have to be built from scratch models, or can they be modified official sets?

Custom ships would qualify as "non-purist", right?

On 1/18/2017 at 2:13 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Thank you @Zaael! I will mainly stick to LDD for my builds, so no worry about nonpurist pieces :laugh:

If I'm not added to the index yet (but @MKJoshA knows I'm joining) can I start with the freebuilds? Thanks in advance :classic:

You have both been added to the index. Just for reference, you don't have to worry about being added to the index before posting freebuilds or Bounty Hunter builds.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

You have both been added to the index. Just for reference, you don't have to worry about being added to the index before posting freebuilds or Bounty Hunter builds.

Thank you very much @MKJoshA

Hi, I'd like to enroll in the Empire. :vader:

Is it ok if I'm an Imperial Jump Trooper? If not I'll remove the jetpack. 

Could I be named JD-2199?

Here's my picture:

FullSizeRender (6)

Edited by JDbricks

I'm not sure if this is what I need to do, but I would like to be entered as a Stormtrooper.  :vader:
Thanks!

Sorry to hassle our judges once again with my weird requests :snicker: But I would like to have clarification on a matter. The core rules call for purist Lego without customs except for the sigfig, which is straight-forward enough. But what about the keychains?

s-l300.jpg

Dunno if I am the only one to do this, but I have collected a handful of minifigs by buying keychains instead of expensive sets just because of a single figure (like Yoda here or Boba Fett). The thing is, I remove the keychains. Not like cutting them or damaging the Lego, but actually just pulling it off with great force (it's tough, but possible). What remains is an otherwise indistinguishable minifig with a small hole in its head. Would this still count as "purist" Lego so I could use it? Or does this count as customizing already? It's just for minifigures that are obtainable otherwise as well. I don't have any specific usage in mind right now, I was just wondering occasionally what's the team's stance on this matter.

Edited by Cody Startale

I got a Watto and Wicket that way a while back and have used them in SoNE. It's probably a "modified"/"non-purist" way, but I don't see a problem with it as long as you don't use those holes in their head to some kind of advantage. I see the ban on customs as a way to level the playing field and make sure that everybody has the same "deck of cards" available; and people could go pick up a keychain as easily as buying the true minifig.

I agree, I see it the same way. If anything, I view the holes in the head as a disadvantage because it makes them look a little flawed. So, thank you for quickly clarifying that, I just wanted to know if my stance is correct on this matter. :classic:

I also agree that keychain minifigures are allowed to count as "purist." Not the route I'd be willing to take, but if you are then go for it!

I try to avoid it, but it sure beats buying a 70 bucks-set just to get a Yoda minifig (that was before the new Spider Droid and Yoda's Starfighter released) :wink:

On 3/12/2017 at 6:48 PM, Dankyee said:

Hi, can you put me under the Empire?

<snip>

This is DY-0424.

You've been added! Can you provide a 100x100 shot of your character so I can add it to the index?

New sigfig picture please... I'll try to stick with this one :blush:

SoNE%20Ep%20XIV%20Build%20Jakku%20Shot%2

Edited by VaderFan2187
Resized image

On 3/15/2017 at 3:32 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

New sigfig picture please... I'll try to stick with this one :blush:

Done!