Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Introduction and Discussion

Well, It took me a year but I finally got a picture for my character (AwesomeToa on page 37)

31062087244_8eb72ac6c9_t.jpg

P.S. Would a Pauldron made of paper with Writing in sharpie on it be considered "Not-Purist"? (pictured above)

Edited by awesometoa

10 hours ago, awesometoa said:

Well, It took me a year but I finally got a picture for my character (AwesomeToa on page 37)

31062087244_8eb72ac6c9_t.jpg

P.S. Would a Pauldron made of paper with Writing in sharpie on it be considered "Not-Purist"? (pictured above)

Definitely not-purist. But using customs is allowed only on your sigfig, so you can still post it to the forum. Just be sure not to use any other non-LEGO parts and maybe keep some backups if your paper pauldron doesn't hold up. 

Welcome to the Empire

Since Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka is generally in the legends timeline of Star Wars where does Rogue One fit in? Is Dark Forces canon or Rogue One? Not to answer my own question but in this are we to assume both are to a degree? 

I guess what I should ask, and I apologize for asking such a big and potentially convoluted question, but how does canon work in SoNE with regards to Legends and NuCanon?

17 hours ago, Forresto said:

Since Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka is generally in the legends timeline of Star Wars where does Rogue One fit in? Is Dark Forces canon or Rogue One? Not to answer my own question but in this are we to assume both are to a degree? 

I guess what I should ask, and I apologize for asking such a big and potentially convoluted question, but how does canon work in SoNE with regards to Legends and NuCanon?

The basic understanding that the judges have is that the EU Legends can exist until contradicted by Disney canon. As Disney has shown they are very ready to write over the EU, it's safest to just go with movie and cartoon canon.

However, SoNE is itself a deviation from canon so we aren't judging anyone by how well their story fits with the rest of the timeline. We want players to feel freedom in their builds and stories. So if you want to show Darth Vader having an apprentice, go for it! It's not official canon, but if you want to have fun with that idea we want you to! Just don't go killing off Darth Vader. That would be frowned upon.

As for Rogue One. It's official canon now. But it's set before Episode 4 where as SoNE is set after Episode 4 and before 5. So there should be no problem with continuity there.

So, speaking of Dark Forces, I think you are still save to feature Kyle Katarn in your story, even though he isn't canon anymore. Just don't let him be the one who handed the Death Star plans over to Leia personally, let's just assume he was involved in infiltrating the Imperial Research Center on Eadu or something instead. Be creative :wink:

On January 3, 2017 at 2:15 PM, MKJoshA said:

The basic understanding that the judges have is that the EU Legends can exist until contradicted by Disney canon. As Disney has shown they are very ready to write over the EU, it's safest to just go with movie and cartoon canon.

However, SoNE is itself a deviation from canon so we aren't judging anyone by how well their story fits with the rest of the timeline. We want players to feel freedom in their builds and stories. So if you want to show Darth Vader having an apprentice, go for it! It's not official canon, but if you want to have fun with that idea we want you to! Just don't go killing off Darth Vader. That would be frowned upon.

As for Rogue One. It's official canon now. But it's set before Episode 4 where as SoNE is set after Episode 4 and before 5. So there should be no problem with continuity there.

Thank you! :classic:

28 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Sorry, I don't really understand how Nar Eurbrikka works. Could someone explain please? Thanks :classic:

Also, is it too late to join?

On 17/01/2017 at 0:44 PM, goatman461 said:

Silly me :wall:

Thanks man, really helped!

May I join SoNE as part of the Empire? :vader:

I know my name has to be @VaderFan2187, but can my stormtrooper callsign be VF-2187?

Thanks in advance @Brickdoctor, @Stash2Sixx, @WhiteFang, @BEAVeR, @MKJoshA, @Bob De Quatre, @Lobot or any other moderator (sorry if I left you out)

NE%20Trooper%201_zpsdofm1ekh.png?t=14845

Edited by VaderFan2187
Edit: Added Avatar

12 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Silly me :wall:

Thanks man, really helped!

May I join SoNE as part of the Empire? :vader:

I know my name has to be @VaderFan2187, but can my stormtrooper callsign be VF-2187?

Generic Stormie avatar for now. Will change later. Thanks in advance @Brickdoctor, @Stash2Sixx, @WhiteFang, @BEAVeR, @MKJoshA or any other moderator (sorry if I left you out)

Welcome aboard! I think calling yourself VF-2187 falls within acceptable limits so go for it! I'll get you on the index some time soon.

Welcome to Nar Eurbrikka!

Too bad you chose the wrong side of the conflict, though... maybe one day you'll be allowed to peacefully surrender or die honorably.

I would like to join the Rebellion as a pilot, gimme a fleshy guy, I'll provide a sigfig soon enough. Could I just be called Chrome? It seems more reasonable.

Also, I got a few questions, if you don't mind:

Since Ep. XIII is done (I think), what can I still post until Ep. XIV starts, and when will it start? 

Also, (this might seem a little stupid, but...) do the freebuilds necessarily have to be built from scratch models, or can they be modified official sets?

Custom ships would qualify as "non-purist", right?

Edited by Chrome Bricks

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Welcome aboard! I think calling yourself VF-2187 falls within acceptable limits so go for it! I'll get you on the index some time soon.

Thanks a lot @MKJoshA! Really excited :grin_wub:

4 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

Too bad you chose the wrong side of the conflict, though... maybe one day you'll be allowed to peacefully surrender or die honorably.

I have always wondered why anyone would choose the anarchist Rebels :vader:

Welcome to SoNE VaderFan2187 & Chrome Bricks! :yoda:

16 hours ago, Chrome Bricks said:

I would like to join the Rebellion as a pilot, gimme a fleshy guy, I'll provide a sigfig soon enough. Could I just be called Chrome? It seems more reasonable.

Also, I got a few questions, if you don't mind:

Since Ep. XIII is done (I think), what can I still post until Ep. XIV starts, and when will it start? 

Also, (this might seem a little stupid, but...) do the freebuilds necessarily have to be built from scratch models, or can they be modified official sets?

Custom ships would qualify as "non-purist", right?

Only the leaders know when the next episode starts, but I am guessing it will be sometime soon. You can post freebuilds until the next episode starts. The first three freebuilds you build in between episodes are eligible to be judged and earn you XP. From the core rules:

• There is a limit of four free builds per player per episode. (This count resets to '4' after each episode concludes. Unused 'allowed free build opportunities' do not carry over or stack after the count is reset.) However, if you wish to build more free builds than allowed, but receive no XP for them, for the purposes of character progression and storytelling, then that would be fine. You get to decide which four free builds are the ones that are judged, but you only get one chance when you first post a free build to state whether or not it should be judged, so choose carefully!

As far as I know you are allowed to use sets or modified sets in your freebuilds. Purist goes for the parts you use, no 3rd party or cut/modified parts. You can build any ship for this game, your imagination is the limit. You should read the core rules, these explain a lot. :wink:

Happy building!

49 minutes ago, Zaael said:

Only the leaders know when the next episode starts, but I am guessing it will be sometime soon. You can post freebuilds until the next episode starts. The first three freebuilds you build in between episodes are eligible to be judged and earn you XP. From the core rules:

• There is a limit of four free builds per player per episode. (This count resets to '4' after each episode concludes. Unused 'allowed free build opportunities' do not carry over or stack after the count is reset.) However, if you wish to build more free builds than allowed, but receive no XP for them, for the purposes of character progression and storytelling, then that would be fine. You get to decide which four free builds are the ones that are judged, but you only get one chance when you first post a free build to state whether or not it should be judged, so choose carefully!

As far as I know you are allowed to use sets or modified sets in your freebuilds. Purist goes for the parts you use, no 3rd party or cut/modified parts. You can build any ship for this game, your imagination is the limit. You should read the core rules, these explain a lot. :wink:

Happy building!

Thank you @Zaael! I will mainly stick to LDD for my builds, so no worry about nonpurist pieces :laugh:

If I'm not added to the index yet (but @MKJoshA knows I'm joining) can I start with the freebuilds? Thanks in advance :classic:

Edited by VaderFan2187

7 hours ago, Zaael said:

Happy building!

Thanks @Zaael! I'm really excited to serve the Rebellion along your side.

Yeah, gotta read that Core Rules topic ASAP, will do! I already got some freebuilds underway, so I'll post them later.

As for the sigfig though, I'm having some trouble with the pictures...got any tips?

Long live the Rebel Alliance! stayontarget.gif

17 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

What seems to be the problem with your pictures? Maybe I can help. :)

I can take the pic, but I can't resize it to that square profile pic type image.

Also, should I use the signature thingy even though I'm not the player index?

Edited by Chrome Bricks

Is this technique specific to LDD or Windows? I'm running on Mac, and I wanted to take a photo rather than a screenshot, so I don't have any clue to what you're saying, sorry...

Nonetheless, thanks for replying @VaderFan2187.