Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Introduction and Discussion

I'm in, definitely. But it's so hard to decide. I think I will wait a few days to see which faction is going to be outnumbered.

A few questions:

who will decide on the XP the players get for their freebuilds?

Shall we use a token for free builds, e.g. "[Redemption freebuild] moc name", as it is in Guilds of Historica?

Are the Rebel Pilots supposed to use only "ABC" Fighters? I guess the Rebels use every Ship they can get and there are many EU Starfighters that would work.

I appreciate the strong RPG elements. That will be an epic journey across our favorite galaxy.

Edited by Jacob Nion

It seems I have some spare time... gonna change my medieval armor for an Alliance Rebel Trooper suit.

Nar'Bilu at your command...

Will change my avatar asap...

Maybe my is a stupid question but: If I start as a pilot, my character is limited to be in spaceship and in spacebattles or he can partecipate in groud battles?

As a general guideline, yes. I think this I mentioned in the core rules: the appropriateness of the build to the character is one of the things considered when judging the concept of the build. But if you want to have a crashed starfighter with the pilot getting out and fighting on land, or a pilot landing a dropship, or something like that, that works. :classic:

Signing up for the Empire as a stormtrooper :classic:

The generic picture is good for now,

do I get this right that; when I raise in rank I get the opportunity to provide a new picture?

Oh and is a scout trooper equivalent to a stormtrooper?

You can change your avatar anytime you want whether you have ranked up or not, as long as your avatar is appropriate for your rank.

...Assuming I can be a Snowtrooper. My Stormtroopers are all the old style and in pretty dingy condition. :blush: If not, I'll use the generic Stormtrooper avatar for now, I guess. But for the record they're the same rank anyway. :grin:

Yep, Snowtroopers, Sandtroopers, Scout Troopers -- they all fall under 'Stormtrooper'.

Didn't know I could be a scout! Instead of being a rebel pilot, could I be a imperial scout trooper?

Edited by Legofin2012

who will decide on the XP the players get for their freebuilds?

Shall we use a token for free builds, e.g. "[Redemption freebuild] moc name", as it is in Guilds of Historica?

Are the Rebel Pilots supposed to use only "ABC" Fighters? I guess the Rebels use every Ship they can get and there are many EU Starfighters that would work.

Free builds and the first stage of judging will usually be the SW staff and an MOC Expert or two. Second stage of episode judging will involve a rotating group of MOC Experts.

It would probably be best if you label your free builds, yes. But as long as you announce them in your faction topic (You'll probably want to use them for character progression and role playing, after all.), they'll be judged. (I have to index all the MOCs, too, so there's an extra opportunity for me to notice them.)

You are free to make up your own ships and give your character rank-appropriate positions aboard them. But remember that the 'Star Wars ish ness' is something that will be considered in judging.

Didn't know I could be a scout! Instead of being a rebel pilot, could I be a imperial scout trooper?

Sure.

I think we need more Rebels. :look:

I'd like to join! Not sure which faction yet though. So will this be a long term thing like GoH, or only last a few months? This sounds great! :sweet:

I was expecting something more like Sith vs Jedi thing but I guess this might be fun as well! I'm also missing a third fraction, which should be smugglers, pirates, traders or even bounty hunters ...

We wanted to make sure to lessen the opportunity for someone to say, "My character is a badass awesome Sith Force sensitive bounty hunter who was a commander in the clone wars!" :wink: Also, 'Empire vs. Alliance', 'Stormtroopers vs. Rebels': iconic, easy to understand and thus easy to jump in and create a character and start building.

I'd like to join! Not sure which faction yet though. So will this be a long term thing like GoH, or only last a few months? This sounds great! :sweet:

I have an end point defined in my mind already, but it is planned to be a long term project. We're still brainstorming new concepts to add to the gameplay in the future. :classic:

We wanted to make sure to lessen the opportunity for someone to say, "My character is a badass awesome Sith Force sensitive bounty hunter who was a commander in the clone wars!"

We don't need their scum. :hmpf_bad:

Could I join as a Stormtrooper and use the Sandtrooper picture below? Thanks.

EDIT: Picture is not showing up. I will add it shortly.

The picture is now added.

post-73437-0-77922400-1375371610_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain_Rex

You are free to make up your own ships and give your character rank-appropriate positions aboard them. But remember that the 'Star Wars ish ness' is something that will be considered in judging.

Sure.

I think we need more Rebels. :look:

That's cool. I can understand that most people want to play as a rebel pilot. They have cool vessels. I can imagine merely some repulsor tanks and speederbikes for troopers. Would there be any problem with a rebel trooper commanding a star ship (later in higher ranks)? I'm thinking of e.g. a spec ops commanding a ship on secret missions or maybe a alliance general commanding a cruiser (just like Crix Madine in that deleted scene from RotJ).

I know that's something far in the future right now, but It would be helpful for my decision.

Maybe it's getting hard to distinguish the Stormie Avatars from each over :laugh:

Edited by Jacob Nion

That's cool. I can understand that most people want to play as a rebel pilot. They have cool vessels. I can imagine merely some repulsor tanks and speederbikes for troopers. Would there be any problem with a rebel trooper commanding a star ship (later in higher ranks)? I'm thinking of e.g. a spec ops commanding a ship on secret missions or maybe a alliance general commanding a cruiser (just like Crix Madine in that deleted scene from RotJ).

I know that's something far in the future right now, but It would be helpful for my decision.

Yes, when you get to those higher ranks, that would be appropriate. (The Core Rules state that the highest rank lets you do pretty much anything, and the second highest allows everything other than commanding, managerial roles.) (Alliance General, by the way, is not an attainable rank, but you can get as far as being one of the commanders in Sector Command, which lets you do stuff like you described.)

Could I join as a Stormtrooper and use the Sandtrooper picture below? Thanks.

EDIT: Picture is not showing up. I will add it shortly.

The picture is now added.

[snip]

You picture is much too big; avatars are supposed to be 100x100. Please resize it. (I'd do it for you, but I'm on mobile right now and can't do it.)

You picture is much too big; avatars are supposed to be 100x100. Please resize it. (I'd do it for you, but I'm on mobile right now and can't do it.)

I'm sorry about that. Here is a smaller 100x100 image.

post-73437-0-14124200-1375374012.jpg

Edited by Captain_Rex

Ah something something dark side! Cough just kidding, I saw Episode III, so I'll be flying the Rebel Flag!

200px-Rebel_Alliance_logo.svg.png

Edited by Rook

As a general guideline, yes. I think this I mentioned in the core rules: the appropriateness of the build to the character is one of the things considered when judging the concept of the build. But if you want to have a crashed starfighter with the pilot getting out and fighting on land, or a pilot landing a dropship, or something like that, that works. :classic:

Ok, thanks. Maybe a pilot without a ship? Ok, ok, I think I'm better creating landscape than ship therefore I think I will become a Rebel Trooper; for now I will use the generic avatar of the rebel soldier with flesh face, but in the future I will change it for a new (I haven't any of this rebel soldier :cry_sad: only the ones Hoth fitted )

I would like to join the imperials. Can I become an imperial shuttle pilot instead of a TIE pilot?

Nom Carver reporting for duty! my sig is my current one. Long live the Emperor! (2 years? :tongue: )

Edited by Nom Carver

Sign me up as an Imperial Stormtrooper, generic avatar please. Thank you! :classic:

Welcome to the dark side, Empire :vader:

So if I plan to free build I must inform the imperial high command (Brickdoctor) on the Avenger (topic) and later post the MOC on the general SW forum with a little indicator (Imperial free build) right? while contests/episode builds are posted in the Watto's Junkyard. If so, then we are clear.

Edited by Nom Carver

I would like to join. Could you please put me down as a Rebel trooper? Thanks. This should be fun to do with my kids.

Reet, got an avatar/sigfig/whatever sorted. If the green background is objectionable, I can change it.

dsc100.jpg

I have been wanting to get involved in this community, and this seems like the perfect thing to motivate me. I would like to be a rebel trooper. I hope my avatar pic is appropriate.