Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Introduction and Discussion

Welcome everyone! You have all been added to the player index. The Rebel players only that is. :devil:

Ok, just checked the index and realized that I'd been put down as a rebel pilot, which is what I said at first. But then Brickdoctor said that players could be scout troopers, and since I've always liked the scout troopers, said I was changing sides, and becoming a scout... Sorry for being a pain for changing, and will have my avatar up as soon as my camera's charged.

Another maybe stupid question: if my avatar is a rebel hoth trooper, can I use in city/other landscape or is he limited to hoth/frozen landscape?

One question... could you enclude Endor on the planet list... This was an important strategic planet in the period between The empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi (3-4 EBY).

And very suitable for a lot of MOC's :)

Edited by narbilu

One question... could you enclude Endor on the planet list... This was an important strategic planet in the period between The empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi (3-4 EBY).

And very suitable for a lot of MOC's :)

I if I had to wager a guess, I'd think more planets would become available/change hands throughout the events of the episodes. I'm almost sure Endor would show up eventually in any case.

Another maybe stupid question: if my avatar is a rebel hoth trooper, can I use in city/other landscape or is he limited to hoth/frozen landscape?

No, you could go ahead and use him in other places. But he might be a little uncomfortable. :laugh:

I if I had to wager a guess, I'd think more planets would become available/change hands throughout the events of the episodes. I'm almost sure Endor would show up eventually in any case.

Right, Endor is a planet that will definitely be contested and then unlocked in later episodes. It is in-canon under Imperial control, but it wouldn't be fair to let Imperials free build on pretty much every planet in the galaxy. (Plus that would remove from the Imperial side some of the incentive to win an episode.)

I want to be a republic pilot but I cant find my fig can I use bossk's body instead.?

Sure. The Alliance is a sort of mixed and matched group, anyways.

So, is my modification accepted?

Yes, it's fine. Let me make sure everyone's updated in the index...

Well, I thought there would be more Rebel Pilots than troopers. But that's cool. So I will stay as a pilot.

I guess much more users will join when the first episode starts. I hope this will become nearly as big as GoH. May we'll later can make small sub projects like building parts of the planet's capital cities? I'm thinking of GoH's community builds, where players of one faction are required to build vignettes and smaller dios of there capitals to enlarge the RPG's world.

But nevermind; I have so many thoughts of how awesome this can be, and it hasn't even started.

It's great that we can be part of it from the very beginning. Highly motivated!

Edited by Jacob Nion

I guess much more users will join when the first episode starts. I hope this will become nearly as big as GoH. May we'll later can make small sub projects like building parts of the planet's capital cities? I'm thinking of GoH's community builds, where players of one faction are required to build vignettes and smaller dios of there capitals to enlarge the RPG's world.

Believe me, what you see here is just the tip of the iceberg of our ideas for this game. :wink:

Was I killed in action already? My player is missing from the character index?

Oops. :look: Yes, you're the first casualty. Die, Rebel scum!

Fixed. :wink:

Oops. :look: Yes, you're the first casualty. Die, Rebel scum!

Fixed. :wink:

Sneaky Imperials are trying to deplete our small band of resistance anyway possible. Just remember fear is the path to the dark side. :yoda:

Edited by Dapper-D2

Ooh, how'd I miss this?

My misgivings about the actual Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire project itself notwithstanding (not exactly my favorite part of the EU, I must admit, even if the OT era in general is my favorite SW time period), I think I'd really like to be in on this. It'll be a challenge, since I'm still mired in getting my bricks organized, my building area set up, etc., but perhaps this endeavor will be just the kick in the pants I need to help me do all that, so... win-win, I guess! :classic:

Oh, and I totally want to be a Rebel pilot. :excited:

I never really found a clear answer in the rules...are we all building a piece of a larger item or just given a general sort of guideline and then build from there or do we just each build something that fits with our theme over the course of several weeks? Are we building mini-fig scale or is scale not relevant compared to the quality of the MOC? Thanks!!

I never really found a clear answer in the rules...are we all building a piece of a larger item or just given a general sort of guideline and then build from there or do we just each build something that fits with our theme over the course of several weeks? Are we building mini-fig scale or is scale not relevant compared to the quality of the MOC? Thanks!!

When an episode (challenge) begins, then you'll be given a goal dictating what you will build, and this goal will be based on your choice of faction. There will also be more specific rules about building for everyone participating in the episode's topic itself. (This is to allow us to get creative with different challenges for you to build in during other episodes. The Core Rules are just that: a core set of rules that applies to all episodes/challenges/builds, with flexibility for us to add more specific things based on the event.)

As for Free Builds, you may build in whatever scale you like. Episode Entries will have to be the size specified in the episode topic, though.

And what If we are on holiday during a challenge?

It's in the FAQs. :wink: You don't have to participate in every challenge. You can jump in, jump out, pick up the game when you have time. :classic: (Of course, you can't build for an episode that has passed, though.)