Brickdoctor

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka — Avenger (Imperial Headquarters)

Hi imperial fellows !

Just wanted to tell you, that I am joinig the SoNE Empire. Looking forward to the next episode. I am going to builds some freebuilds in the next weeks, but maybe I will need till next month to start.

May the force be with you...

Damn, when Disco build Star Wars i can not wait longer to build also for the SoNE :laugh: .

Yes, i join the empire - what else :classic: .

Must read the topics and rules the next days but then i start with the first freebuild MOC`s.

cu

markus

Hi Disco86 & markus, it's great to have you both on board!

The details of Episode V will be announced on Saturday, so you don't have long to wait :classic:

Greetings Disco86 and markus, it's good to have on our side! it's time for the Empire to claim its rightful place as conqueror of worlds.

Hi imperial fellows !

Just wanted to tell you, that I am joinig the SoNE Empire. Looking forward to the next episode. I am going to builds some freebuilds in the next weeks, but maybe I will need till next month to start.

May the force be with you...

Welcome on-board.

Dear Force

Can we win now please :grin:.

So... since our conversation seems to be on a holiday, let me just ask it here.

Most of us will be building vegetation, especially ferns and large trees. Does somebody have some nice techniques for this? I can already suggest this thread, full of useful examples. Also, my experience in creating columns seems to help me...

Well, everybody, get inspired and start building!

And remember, if you're having trouble with trees (or just happen to have all of your green otherwise occupied, markus :wink:) there's always the option of constructing a hanger bay, shuttle or transporter....!

It's almost like I had it planned, good luck my Imperial brothers :devil:

I already got a really sweet concept for this episode with several freebuilds to develop the story :sweet:

Edited by Disco86

I've settled on a build concept. I'm going to work on a build showing the construction of a landing platform. It'll be in LDD, so I'll possibly be contacting BEAVeR about rendering if I can't figure out the process he gave in the comments to his Episode II build.

I'll be building mostly vegetation (that's a first...), and if I have time, I'll throw in a TIE Bomber. I'm pretty much settled on the story as well, letting my character fall further in some kind of shellshock...

@ goatman461: I had a good look at what you build, and I'm even more impressed then the previous time. The details are superb! Looking at it, it actually doesn't need some edited in star background. It's super as it is. And I see that stubble of your character turned into a beard? I love character development :grin:

@ VK-318: good luck building in LDD! I'll happily do what I can with that rendering, although that will cost you for all the electricity and my patience :tongue: . No no, in the exams my computer won't be too busy anyway, so your most welcome.

Got two freebuilds already, just waiting for one simple piece of hair to get them finished and photographed :wink:

Status update - restarted my computer without saving my nearly-finished build = massive redesign underway. :hmpf_bad: It's looking pretty good, though.

At the moment, I'm making custom decorations for my renders. I've done a TIE window, and now I'm working on TIE pilot minifig, so that I can apply them via LDD2POVRAY. That way, I can finally have realistic figs in my digital builds. After this, I'll prepare some strom trooper decals as well, and I'll be happy to share them with whoever can use them!

Is there any reason not to start posting WIPs? I don't see as much need for secrecy in this comp other than recruit, recruit, recruit. Speaking of, it's great to see so many great builders join the dark side; we need to keep up the momentum.

Sir, I would like to have permission to assassinate the rebel leader, Dom Nomtivek in the far reaches of the galaxy. He is infamous for leading countless victories against our army and has taken the death toll of ours to increase by 5%. May I have your permission sir?

So after making all the decals myself, I can say I finally have produced a good digital representation of the TIE pilot and Stormtrooper, making our LDD builds more detailed! If someone wants a tutorial for this, just ask, and I'll figure out where to post it :tongue:

640x360.jpg

Following to Markus' first freebuild, I continued our story with my freebuild "Recruitment"

So we finally joined the empire :)

@Beaver Great work in LDD !

So after making all the decals myself, I can say I finally have produced a good digital representation of the TIE pilot and Stormtrooper, making our LDD builds more detailed! If someone wants a tutorial for this, just ask, and I'll figure out where to post it :tongue:

Please, please do! :excited: Maybe in their own thread, with a link in the Avenger and the Introduction and Discussion threads?