Brainbox

Transformers

Animated figures from wave 1 are popping up in the UK

Ah good, I'll have to look out for them. Do we know where they're being sighted?

Animated figures from wave 1 are popping up in the UK, Canada and Australia. The hunt is on.

But when in the rest of europe?

It's usually anyone's guess. Hopefully soon after appearances in those countries are a bit more frequent (it's a bit hit and miss here in the UK apparently). But our part of the world has to be used to getting things late/last. At anyrate, a bit of a late post in here, but I read the recent Grimlock Spotlight comic, and I was highly impressed by it. I'm not a huge Transformers fan, but I'll certainly be getting some of the new figures like Sunstreaker, Prowl and Animated Grimlock.

But our part of the world has to be used to getting things late/last.

If at all. We only got about half of the Classics figs, if I recall. Still, it gives me time to aquire some money. :laugh:

I also need to find money to pick up Spotlights Vol 2 and Devastation (when it comes out). I'm really enjoying the new IDW series, with all the interconnecting stories and stuff. Just fantastic.

I might be tempted to but BW: The Gathering and BW: The Ascending as well, along with the BW Sourcebook (have most of the original release errors been fixed, I wonder?). And I was sorely tempted by a GI Joe/TF Omnibus collecting the four volumes. It was £32.99 though, so I decided to pass for the time being. Not a GI Joe fan by any means, but I was very tempted to become one. :laugh:

So far I'm still liking Animated. As long as some genius doesn't get the idea to start wasting manufacturing resources on those human villains as figures, everything should be ok lol.

Man, I can't believe the second round of episodes are almost over already!

Time just flew...

It better not be like Teen Titans and just vanish off the air without a wrap-up ending episode.

I hate that lack of final continuity in American cartoons.

10 Autobots, and 10 Decepticons. No word on who any are going to be.

So... lets assume that Prime, Ratchet, Bumblebee and Ironhide are back. Jazz has been seen on set, so that leaves either 5 or 6 new Autobots.

And for the Decepticons, Starscream and Barricade survived, we know that. It would be safe to assume that Megs will be back, and we know that Soundwave will be in. As for the others, they could be back, but they might not be, so that probably leaves 6 or 7 Decepticon places to be filled.

It'd be nice to see more 'classic' characters, like Prowl and Wheeljack actually.

So... lets assume that Prime, Ratchet, Bumblebee and Ironhide are back. Jazz has been seen on set, so that leaves either 5 or 6 new Autobots.

And for the Decepticons, Starscream and Barricade survived, we know that. It would be safe to assume that Megs will be back, and we know that Soundwave will be in. As for the others, they could be back, but they might not be, so that probably leaves 6 or 7 Decepticon places to be filled.

It'd be nice to see more 'classic' characters, like Prowl and Wheeljack actually.

Your probbly right about the autobots. Lets hope that there vehicle modes differ from the first movie. Maybe prime will be a fire truck this time around since thats an alt mode we've seen him in before. Same with Ratchet. A more heavy duty type rescue vehicle would be preffered. It would be great to see Jazz back as a porche with his white, blue and red paint scheme. Bumble is preety certain as well. I'm sure he'll still be an 09 camaro,but maybe with a body kit, rims and such.

As for the Decepticons, its preety much garranteed that Star Scream will be back, will have a preety major role. Hopefully Barricade will be back as well. Sound wave is defenatly a go, and maybe megs will return as Gavlatron. I'm sure since filming has begun, we'll see some pics start to pop up.

Maybe prime will be a fire truck this time around since thats an alt mode we've seen him in before.

I think it's unlikely we'll see him as a more 'classic' truck, with the flat front. It would be harder to do a 'real transformation' with a flat cab than the current design. Plus, a flat cab would give a smaller robot, and Movie Prime at least should be somewhat imposing. I certainly think a fire engine is a feasable possibility. It's the other classic Prime alt mode. Well, there's the monkey as well, but I don't think that's going to happen. :laugh:

Same with Ratchet. A more heavy duty type rescue vehicle would be preffered.

Or even something more like a traditional ambulance, as opposed to the rescue vehicle. Just to go for something completely different.

Bumble is preety certain as well. I'm sure he'll still be an 09 camaro,but maybe with a body kit, rims and such.

Surely they'll redesign him as a VW Beetle... :grin:

and maybe megs will return as Gavlatron.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. Never much liked the Megs as Galvy thing though. I mean, Megs is Megs. I much prefer IDWs take on the character(s), as two separate Transformers.

I'm sure since filming has begun, we'll see some pics start to pop up.

I can't wait for some news to start appearing soon. What we've had so far has been pretty boring.

The Transformers Live Action Movie Blog has updated with info taken from a TF2 call sheet. The info gives us some insight on the cast present during filming as well as some new info on the Transformers themselves, including confirmation of the ice cream truck Transformers (TF Twins), as well as listings for new characters such as "Construction Earth Mover," "Stinger," Arcee, Jetfire (SR-71 Blackbird), "Wheelbot", Decepticon Audi R8 and more!

I found this from seibertron.com. Also there are some photos taken on set that show some new vehicles such as a Chinese police car (possibly Prowl) and pictures of a black four wheeler and Ironhide with a motorcycle. From what I've been hearing, it seems that none of the Autobots from the first film will be changing alt modes from there previous film. But who knows?

including confirmation of the ice cream truck Transformers (TF Twins)

Would it be too much to hope for Rack'n'Ruin?

"Construction Earth Mover,"

I believe there was a suggestion of the Constructicons being in the film. I wonder if we'll see a number of them, and I wonder too if we'll see Devastator. Now that would be cool.

Arcee, Jetfire (SR-71 Blackbird)

I guess Arcee was a likely candidate, seeing as how they already have a model created for her. Plus, she's a good character. And all male Transfans seem to have a thing for the fembots. :blush:

As for Jetfire, I suppose he is a TF with some status and standing, especially as he's had incarnations in a number of series. Interestingly though, I read a report the other day that said the SR-71 Blackbird had a Decepticon insignia. Surely Jetfire's not going to be a Decticon, or convert like in the G1 cartoon and Marvel comic?

"Stinger," [...] "Wheelbot"

I have no idea who either of these could be. I hope "Wheelbot" isn't Wheelie. And perhaps "Stinger" is good ol' Waspinator. :laugh:

Decepticon Audi R8 and more!

Ooh... tantalising. One of the Stunticons perhaps?

Lucky, some of us have to wait a few days before we get animated toys. Although I did get Movie Jetstorm. Thats the one that can attach to Classics Astrotrain.

I think it's unlikely we'll see him as a more 'classic' truck, with the flat front. It would be harder to do a 'real transformation' with a flat cab than the current design. Plus, a flat cab would give a smaller robot, and Movie Prime at least should be somewhat imposing. I certainly think a fire engine is a feasable possibility. It's the other classic Prime alt mode. Well, there's the monkey as well, but I don't think that's going to happen. :laugh:

Well, its still a strong possibity. I don't beleive that it will be nessasary harder per say to a real transformation of a flat nosed truck, but defenatly less impressive to see on screen. As far as size, you could easily get a fire engine the size, and lenth needed to prime a towering stance. So like you said, it still think its feasable.

Or even something more like a traditional ambulance, as opposed to the rescue vehicle. Just to go for something completely different.

A different alt mode altogether would be defenatly be prefered. Although i have to say his H2 rescue truck was one of my favorites next to Barricades Saleen mustang police car.

Surely they'll redesign him as a VW Beetle... :grin:

Man that sure would be a kick in the nuts now wouldn't it! :laugh:

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. Never much liked the Megs as Galvy thing though. I mean, Megs is Megs. I much prefer IDWs take on the character(s), as two separate Transformers.

Agreed. Never much a fan of Galvatron, but it does seem like a posibility. Wouldn't have a clue what his alt would be though. Hopfully its an eath vehicle of some sort.

I found this from seibertron.com. Also there are some photos taken on set that show some new vehicles such as a Chinese police car (possibly Prowl) and pictures of a black four wheeler and Ironhide with a motorcycle. From what I've been hearing, it seems that none of the Autobots from the first film will be changing alt modes from there previous film. But who knows?

Saw the police car. Prowl is a good guess. The Audi R8 sounds like a good one. I like what i'm hearing so far. Now we just need some pics!

On a side note, TF-A toys have offically hit U.S. shores! Some better than others of course. Just spent $500 in power tools, so my spending money was plenished for this pay check! :laugh:

Well poopy.

My Walmart got in Animated stuff.

I was going to buy Lockdown and Blackarachnia... but after looking at every single copy of each... man, no.

The paint jobs on them are HORRIBLE.

One will have a smear, because the paint wasn't dry when they dropped it in, another, scratched, another, chipped on a corner, Decepticon symbol off-center, smudged, etc etc... through NINE Blackarachnias!

Call me anal, but even as a KID I hated shit like that!

Looking at all the other guys... yeesh, what a freaking nightmare of quality control!

Bumblebee's headlights painted so thin you can hardly see it, Prowl's paint messed up... you name it. EVERY damn item on the pegs was like this.

Phooey, until they get their act together...

Well poopy.

My Walmart got in Animated stuff.

I was going to buy Lockdown and Blackarachnia... but after looking at every single copy of each... man, no.

The paint jobs on them are HORRIBLE.

One will have a smear, because the paint wasn't dry when they dropped it in, another, scratched, another, chipped on a corner, Decepticon symbol off-center, smudged, etc etc... through NINE Blackarachnias!

Call me anal, but even as a KID I hated shit like that!

Looking at all the other guys... yeesh, what a freaking nightmare of quality control!

Bumblebee's headlights painted so thin you can hardly see it, Prowl's paint messed up... you name it. EVERY damn item on the pegs was like this.

Phooey, until they get their act together...

Seems your not the only one who's noticed quality control issues.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?t=40567

Apparently some figures joints are so loose, they can't even stand up, and paint is just flaking off by just touching them. :wacko:

Argos.co.uk has a couple of deals going on TFs:

Movie Deluxes at £4.99

Alt Wheeljack at £7.39

Leader Megs is also £10 off, and the Screen Battles are half price at £10.

Hmm... I might see if Wheeljack is in store as well as online. £7.39 isn't half bad (no, it's 36.95% actually :wink: ).

No sign of TFA toys on either Woolies or TRU websites though.

I bought Transformers: Infiltration on Tuesday and I must say it's a wonderful version of G1. I regret that I have to buy all the other TPBs now. :(

I bought Transformers: Infiltration on Tuesday and I must say it's a wonderful version of G1. I regret that I have to buy all the other TPBs now. :(

I loved it when I read it. I've got Infiltration, Escalation, Spotlights Vol.1 and Megatron: Origin so far. Spotlights Vol.2 is out, and I think Devastation is out soon as well. Can't wait to get them.

My next stop is Stormbringer because that takes place at the same time as Infiltration just on Cybertron. I've got a lot of the recent Spotlights in normal comic form too, today picking up Wheelie and Cyclonus (aka Revelation #1).

My next stop is Stormbringer because that takes place at the same time as Infiltration just on Cybertron.

Oh yeah, of course, I have Stormbringer as well. Forgot about that one. :blush:

I've got a lot of the recent Spotlights in normal comic form too, today picking up Wheelie and Cyclonus (aka Revelation #1).

See, I don't have that luxury. Is Wheelie any good, as he is really annoying?

Edited by Brainbox

Actually I must say that Wheelie's spotlight is one of my favourites. He's not annoying (has nobody to really annoy).

Really? :laugh: